Garrison: Stables Guide (WoD 6.2)
Table of Contents
- 1. Description
- +2. Unlocking the Stables
- 3. Capturing Mounts
- 4. Training Mounts
- +5. Achievements
- 6. Changelog
The Stables is a Large Garrison building that allows you to obtain 8 Draenor mounts: Trained Icehoof, Trained Meadowstomper, Trained Riverwallow, Trained Rocktusk, Trained Silverpelt, Trained Snarler, Armored Frostboar, and Armored Frostwolf.
The many quests that you will have to complete at the Stables also provide you with a total of 1,620 Garrison Resources over a period of 12 days.
||Enables the capture and training of special mounts on Draenor. Also allows you to remain mounted while interacting with objects in outdoor Draenor zones.|
||You will no longer get dazed by enemies while riding mounts in outdoor Draenor zones.|
||Increases mount speed in Draenor by 20%.|
Unlocking the Stables
In this section, we are going to tell you how to unlock the Stables, Level 1, 2, and 3.
Unlocking the Stables, Level 1
The Stables, Level 1 is available as soon as you build you build your Town Hall, Level 2.
Unlocking the Stables, Level 2
Garrison Blueprint: Stables, Level 2 is sold by the blueprint vendor at your Garrison once you reach level 100 or once you complete your Nagrand Outpost. You can buy it with 1,500 . You can also buy it from the blueprint vendor in Ashran without restrictions with a Comprehensive Outpost Construction Guide, which can only be obtained twice, once when questing in Talador and once when questing in Nagrand. so the purpose of this Below, you will find the Alliance and Horde vendors.
Unlocking the Stables, Level 3
For the first 6 days after building the Stables, you will get to unlock a new mount each day, which you will then have to train for about 10 more days before you get a trained mount, which you can learn and mount.
Capturing a mount is done through a quest given to you at the Stables, which requires you to go to a certain location (marked on your map), use the Lasso item provided for the quest on a designated animal, and then follow that animal until it becomes tired enough.
The mounts are unlocked in a certain order:
- Day 1: Talbuk (Alliance) / Clefthoof (Horde);
- Day 2: Clefthoof (Alliance) / Talbuk (Horde);
- Day 3: Boar;
- Day 4: Riverbeast;
- Day 5: Elekk;
- Day 6: Wolf.
Every day, you get a new Training quest at the Stables for each of the mounts that you captured. These quests all require you to kill a specific mob in Draenor while mounting your mount in training. To mount your mount in training, use the provided whistle. Beware that when fighting a mob on your mount, your mount takes the damage, not you.
The mobs to kill are the same for all mounts and they all come in the same order:
- Gorian Beast-Lasher;
- Darkwing Roc;
- Moth of Wrath;
- Karak the Great Hunter;
Clefthoof and Talbuk training quests go all the way from Rakkiri to Maimclaw, while:
- Boar training quests skip Rakkiri and Great-Tusk;
- Riverbeast training quests skip Rakkiri, Great-Tusk, and Riplash;
- Elekk and Wolf training quests skip Rakkiri, Great-Tusk, Riplash, Gezz'ran, and Bulbapore.
Black Claw of Sethe
The first time you visit the Stables after upgrading them to Level 2, you will be able to loot a Black Claw of Sethe from an object on the ground. When carrying it, your mounts' movement speed is reduced by 25% and they take 25% more damage.
Defeating Gorian Beast-Lasher, Moth of Wrath, Thundercall, Ironbore, Karak the Great Hunter, and Maimclaw 6 times while having the Black Claw of Sethe in your inventory rewards you with Advanced Husbandry, which in turn rewards you with an Armored Frostboar (you automatically learn it when you earn the achievement). Note that you can get this achievement while training your mounts, provided that you upgrade the Stables to Level 2 before receiving the training quests for the Gorian Beast Lasher.
The first time you visit the Stables after upgrading them to Level 3, you will be able to loot a Garn-Tooth Necklace from an object on the ground. When carrying it, your mounts' movement speed is reduced by 50% and they take 50% more damage, which makes killing mobs considerably harder.
Defeating Gorian Beast-Lasher, Moth of Wrath, Thundercall, Ironbore, Karak the Great Hunter, and Maimclaw 6 times (once with each mount-in-training) while having the Garn-Tooth Necklace in your inventory rewards you with The Stable Master, which in turn rewards you with an Armored Frostwolf (you automatically learn it when you earn the achievement).
In order to call your mounts-in-training, the Stable Master lets you borrow 1-day duration, 3-charge whistles (there are 6 of them, one for each mount-in-training). Once you have used the 3 charges of a whistle, you can go back to the Stable Master and get it renewed. Using a whistle summons the corresponding mount-in-training for 5 minutes, allowing you to redo the fights and get The Stable Master.
- 08 Dec. 2014: Updated the explanations regarding the whistles you get from your Level 3 Stables and how the mounts rewarded by the achievements are given to you.
- 25 Nov. 2014: Added mounts rewarded by Advanced Husbandry and The Stable Master. Added more information for completing The Stable Master.
- 14 Nov. 2014: Clarified requirements for Level 2.
- List of Preserved Contaminants on Sale Through August 14th
- Sinrunner Reins Mount in Shadowlands
- Herald of the Titans Achievement in Shadowlands
- Night Fae Soulbind Niya Provides Players with "Shadowmeld" in Shadowlands
- Rockbiter and Windfury Weapon at the Same Time (or Flametongue or Frostbrand)
- Detailed Outland Topographic Map by Sturmbart
- The Jailer's Size Compared to a Dwarf
- Awesome WoW Class Series Trailer by IKedit
- Lock Damage Display
- Horrific Visions Potions
- Marksmanship Hunter PvP 8.3
- Warrior Changes
- Knight85's home for probably stupid questions
- Completed Quests Checker
- Frost Mage 8.3
- Death Knight Leveling