Augmentation Evoker PvP Rotation and Playstyle (Dragonflight 10.2.5)
PvP requires you to perform various actions during a duel, match, or battleground: interrupting/silencing enemies, healing your teammates and yourself, defending yourself, keeping yourself alive, etc. It is a game mode that fully utilizes your kit, especially spells that are rarely used in PvE. On this page, we go through all the spells you need to use in PvP as a Augmentation Evoker, how you should use them, and explain your playstyle.
This page is part of our Augmentation Evoker PvP Guide.
Playstyle for Augmentation Evokers
The main role of an Augmentation Evoker, besides dealing damage to the enemy team, is to enable your team to do more damage and help them land a kill by keeping your team offensive. You also want to use your mobility to avoid crowd control and stop enemy teams from targeting you.
To keep your team offensive, you will push in with your team to try to get Dreamwalk on the enemy healer. After this, you will focus on dealing damage with spells like Living Flame, Upheaval, and Eruption.
Taking advantage of your mobility is crucial. Augmentation Evokers can be hard to catch, but once they are stunned, you will quickly have to trade cooldowns to stay alive. Use spells like Hover and Rescue to move around the map and reposition near a pillar. If a teammate is in trouble and needs to get away from the enemy team, use Rescue to save them.
Augmentation Evokers have a new mechanic to their healing: Empower Level. This makes it so the longer you channel a spell, the stronger the initial damage/healing is. Using the talent Tip the Scales makes it so your next empowered spell will be instant at its max empower level. Here are the 2 spells you can empower and how to use them:
- Fire Breath deals damage and puts a DoT on the target. The longer you channel it, the more initial damage it will deal. However, it will make the DoT weaker. Ideally, you will channel this to rank 3 because the DoT is normally dispelled and will not deal much damage. Use Tip the Scales with this if you want to deal a large amount of damage to enemies that are grouped up.
- Upheaval deals damage and sends them in the air. It also increases the duration of Ebon Might by 2 seconds. For each Empower level, it increased the radius of the explosion.
Healing and Damage Techniques
This section will tell you what spells to use in different situations.
Extending Ebon Might Rotation & Priority
Ebon Might is the core part of Augmentation Evoker. This spell increases the stats of you and your teammates for 11 seconds. However, this buff can be extended by some of your spells. Being able to have high uptime with this buff is crucial if you want to find success with this spec. Here are the talents and spells that interact with Ebon Might to extend its duration:
- Eruption and Upheaval both increase the duration of Ebon Might. These spells will be part of your damage rotation and should be used almost instantly after using Ebon Might.
- Breath of Eons is a strong 2-minute cooldown that deals damage, applies Temporal Wound, and increases the duration of Ebon Might by 5 seconds. This should be used when your team is using their burst cooldowns.
- Emerald Blossom extends the duration of Ebon Might by 1 second if you are using the Dream of Spring talent. This should be used when your other important damage spells are on cooldown.
- Essence Burst does not directly increase the duration of
Ebon Might, but when it is active, you can use either
Eruption or Emerald Blossom to extend the duration of
- Note: Both of these spells increase the duration of Ebon Might by 1 second, so it depends on the situation and which spells you should use. If your team is healthy, then use Eruption to deal damage. If your team is falling behind, then use Emerald Blossom.
- Empowered spells like Upheaval and Fire Breath both increase the duration of Ebon Might by 2 seconds. Use these in your damage rotations to maximize your damage output.
How to Deal Damage
Augmentation Evoker is a very unique spec, as it will primarily be used to deal damage and boost the stats of its allies. Here is the damage rotation you should use when trying to land a kill:
- Use Ebon Might to increase you and your teammates stats.
- Use Eruption to deal damage and increase the duration of Ebon Might.
- If the enemy team has multiple magic buffs, use Fire Breath to dispel them if you are using the Scouring Flame PvP talent.
- Use Upheaval to deal more damage to the enemy team and increase the duration of Ebon Might.
- Use Living Flame as a filler to try to get Essence Burst. This will make it so Emerald Blossom or Eruption cost no Essence.
- Use Eruption if you get an Essence Burst proc.
- Use Breath of Eons if you can hit multiple people with it. This
will apply Temporal Wound to any enemies hit and increase the
duration of Ebon Might.
- Note: Use Landslide if you want to root the enemy team in place before using Breath of Eons
- Azure Strike does not deal the most damage, but it is instant and is perfect for killing Shaman totems and gives you a chance an Essence Burst.
Healing Rotation and Notable Spells
Although Augmentation Evoker is a damage specialization, it still has some healing and utility that can be used to help teammates:
- Cauterizing Flame is a 1-minute cooldown that removed all Bleed, Poison, Curse, and Disease effects. This should be used when any of those are active on yourself or a teammate.
- Emerald Blossom should be used when Essence Burst is active and your team is falling behind. It also extends the duration of Ebon Might.
- Living Flame should be used on a teammate or ally when your team is falling behind.
- Use Verdant Embrace to heal yourself or an ally and reposition around the map.
- Bestow Weyrnstone is a niche spell if you are using it. This conjures two portals that can be used by yourself or a teammate. This can help with kiting enemies when they are being targeted.
- Blistering Scales is a great talent versus melee. Use this on a teammate that is being targeted to increase their armor and deal damage at the same time.
- Spatial Paradox is used on your healer and this allows them to cast while moving spells.
- Obsidian Scales is one of your primary defensives. This reduces the damage you take by 30%. If you use the Obsidian Mettle PvP talent, it will also make you immune to interrupts, silences, and pushbacks.
- Breath of Eons deals a large amount of damage to the team and can be used to do damage. However, it is great for avoiding crowd control when the enemy team is pushing toward you. For example, you will want to use this to avoid a Priest's Psychic Scream when they run towards you.
- Augmentation Evoker's mobility is an incredibly important defensive. Here
are some spells that you should master to help keep your team alive:
- Hover launches you forward and increases your movement speed. It also makes you immune to slows.
- Rescue swoops you to an ally and allows you to bring them to a location. Use this to help your teammate reposition and get away from the enemy team.
- Wing Buffet/ Tail Swipe are the Dracthyr racials that will help you get away from the enemy team targeting you. If you take the Walloping Blow talent turns these two spells into slows as well.
- Cauterizing Flame removes all bleeds, points, curses, and diseases from a teammate. This is a crucial spell when you play against specializations like Feral Druids, Assassination, Rogues, or Warlocks.
It is advised to use Macros to use abilities on enemies or allies without having to target them. For this reason, we have a page dedicated to them.
- 15 Jan. 2024: Reviewed for Patch 10.2.5.
- 06 Nov. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.2.
- 04 Sep. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.7.
- 10 Jul. 2023: Page created.
- Dragonflight 10.2.5 and Season of Discovery Hotfixes, February 21st
- Warmace of Shirvallah (Hidden Enhancement Shaman Artifact Appearance) Available This Week
- Season 3 Patch 10.2.5 Mythic+ DPS Log Rankings, Week 5
- Heroic Fyrakk Kill Yields 6 Fyr'alaths After Bad Luck Protection Buff
- Gnomeregan Trinket Sends Player to Forbidden Zones in SoD Phase 2
- Player Hits Jackpot: A Decade of Rare Mounts in Just Days!
- Embers of Fyr'alath Effects Buffed
- Season of Discovery Hotfixes: February 20th