Augmentation Evoker PvP Talents and Builds (Dragonflight 10.2.5)
Choosing the right PvP and PvE talents is a prerequisite to proper performance in PvP. This guide goes through the various talent choices available to you as a Augmentation Evoker and gives you the best combinations you can take.
This page is part of our Augmentation Evoker PvP Guide.
Talent Choices for Augmentation Evokers
While the above table provides a generally accurate overview of the viability of talents, some finer points are discussed in the sections that follow, and we recommend you read those for a deeper understanding.
Evoker Tree Talent Highlights
- Obsidian Bulwark gives you an additional charge of your primary defensive, Obsidian Scales. Augmentation Evokers can be quite easy to kill, so having an additional charge will help with your survivability.
- Tip the Scales makes your next empowered cast instantly at its maximum empower level. This is one of your best cooldowns, as you can instantly do large amounts of healing with Dream Breath or contribute to a kill with an instant Fire Breath.
- Time Spiral is unique, as it allows you and your teammates to use a mobility spell even if it is on cooldown. For example, if you are playing with a Windwalker, they can use their Roll even if it is on cooldown. For Evokers, this will allow you to use Hover.
Augmentation Evoker Tree Talent Highlights
- Ebon Might is the core of your rotation. This will increase the stats of your allies and can be extended by using spells like Eruption, Deep Breath, and empowered spells.
- Upheaval is an empowered spell that deals damage and knocks enemies up in the air. It will also stun anyone it hits when used with Seismic Slam.
- Draconic Attunements allows you to choose between two different auras. Black Attunement grants you and your teammates 4% increased maximum health. Bronze Attunement grants you and your teammates 10% increased movement speed. These buffs are even stronger when using the Aspects' Favor talent.
PvP Talents for Augmentation Evoker
You can choose 3 of the following PvP talents; each has uses, but some are better for certain strategies than others. The top three choices are the most useful but can be replaced with other PvP talents, depending on your team's goal.
Mandatory PvP Talents
Born in Flame makes it so when you use Ebon Might, you are granted Burnout. This will reduce the cast time of Living Flame by 100%. This is great for increasing your damage output while using your burst cooldowns.
Nullifying Shroud prevents the next 3 crowd control effects on you. This lasts for 30 seconds but has a cast time. This is great for when you are playing into a composition with a lot of crowd control (Mage/Lock, RMP), but there is a cast time, so teams will know when to avoid crowd-controlling you.
Situational PvP Talents
Dream Projection summons a copy of yourself that flies through your allies and heals them. After it expires, it will detonate and dispel all nearby allies and put a large HoT on them. This is great versus teams with multiple DoTs. This will actively dispel project effects, such as damage from Unstable Affliction or fear from Vampiric Touch.
Unburdened Flight is a crucial PvP talent to have. This makes it, so your Hover makes you immune to movement reduction effects. This is important because you have a short range on your healing spells and need to use your mobility to avoid damage and crowd control.
Obsidian Mettle make it so when Obsidian Scales is active, you are immune to interrupt, silence, and pushback effects. This is an excellent talent versus teams that are targeting you.
Scouring Flame can be used if your team's strategy is to be aggressive. This makes it so Fire Breath burns away 1 beneficial Magical effect on all targets hit by it. This can be great versus teams with very few buffs.
- 15 Jan. 2024: Updated for Patch 10.2.5.
- Updated Recommended Talents.
- 06 Nov. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.2.
- Updated Recommended Talents.
- Updated PvP Talents.
- 04 Sep. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.7.
- 10 Jul. 2023: Page created.
- Dragonflight 10.2.5 and Season of Discovery Hotfixes, February 21st
- Warmace of Shirvallah (Hidden Enhancement Shaman Artifact Appearance) Available This Week
- Season 3 Patch 10.2.5 Mythic+ DPS Log Rankings, Week 5
- Heroic Fyrakk Kill Yields 6 Fyr'alaths After Bad Luck Protection Buff
- Gnomeregan Trinket Sends Player to Forbidden Zones in SoD Phase 2
- Player Hits Jackpot: A Decade of Rare Mounts in Just Days!
- Embers of Fyr'alath Effects Buffed
- Season of Discovery Hotfixes: February 20th