Frostbolt — Mage Card
Table of Contents
Frostbolt is a Mage-only spell. 2 copies of this card are given to you when you reach Level 2 with Mage. Later, when you reach Level 40 and 42 with that class, you get a golden version of this card. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
Frostbolt is an essential part of most Mage decks due to its versatility. It is able to deal with nearly any 2-drop on curve early in the game, or Freeze a large minion in the late-game for a turn if required. After the board has been dealt with, the damage to the opponent's face is also often relevant.
In Constructed play, Frostbolt is almost an auto-include no matter which style of deck you are building. In fast tempo-based decks, Frostbolt's ability to clear early minions so that your own minions can get through is invaluable. In the late-game of such decks, the fact that the damage is able to hit the opponent directly often takes the pressure off your minions and enables you to close out the game when you have lost control of the board. In slower decks, Frostbolt is an extremely good board control card.
Frostbolt is a very powerful card in Arena. Due to the many different uses of the card, it does not pigeon-hole your draft if you take it early. The versatility of Frostbolt also means that you can take multiple copies without suffering from any significant issues with diminishing returns.
- Icy Veins Launches Genshin Impact Guides Section
- Battle.net Black Friday Sale: Up to 67% Off
- Mike Ybbara on Blizzard's Approach to Meeting Player Demands
- BlizzCon 2023 Stream and Announcements Summary
- BlizzCon 2023 Bingo Collection
- WoW Battle Pet and Hearthstone Card Back Promotion From Warcraft Rumble
- Warcraft Rumble Released a Day Early and Is Rolling Out Now!
- BlizzCon 2023 Broadcast Schedule
- Standard Tier List
- Battlegrounds Special Cards
- Classic Freeze Mage Deck
- Classic Miracle Rogue Deck
- Skeleton Mage Deck