Table of Contents
Forbidden Flame is a Mage-only spell. This card can be obtained from Whispers of the Old Gods packs. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
1. General Comments
Forbidden Flame is a flexible removal spell that can be used to fill a gap in your Mana curve at any point in the game. Whichever amount of Mana you choose to use it for it does represent poor value overall compared to cards like Frostbolt and Fireball, but it makes up for this with its overall flexibility. It should be noted that the card can be cast for 0 Mana, which can have uses in combination with cards like Archmage Antonidas.
2. Constructed Play
In Constructed, Forbidden Flame can fit into a spell focused Mage deck that plays a lot of Spell synergy cards. In the common Tempo Mage deck for example, players are often left wanting the right card to fill their remaining Mana with a card such as Flamewaker or Archmage Antonidas. A copy of Forbidden Flame in your deck will mean that you have always have the perfect spell at your disposal as long as you draw it.
In Arena, Forbidden Flame is a reasonably strong card. Any and all removal spells are of reasonable value in Arena since they become less and less common as new minions saturate the format. However, this card is outvalued by the more standard Mage spells such as Frostbolt, Flamecannon, and Fireball and you should pick these cards much more highly.
4. Icy Veins Decks that Contain this Card
- Icy Veins Podcast: Episode #4
- Blizzard Battle.net Currency Conversion: Nov 16
- Recruiting Overwatch Guide Writer
- Death Knights to Leave the Arena on November 14th
- Pro Player RayC Stars in "What's the Move?" Episode 7!
- Kobolds & Catacombs Presumed to Be Released On December 7
- Tavern Brawl: The Great Summoner Competition - Standard
- Golden pack reward for Twitch Prime available now
- The Lich King
- Make it cheap
- Invest into what?
- Dream Cards
- Icy Veins BattleTag exchange
- Lyra, Raza, or Velen?
- The Rate/Improve my deck thread.
- Hearthstone Priest Spells and Minions