Box of Many Things Guide for Torghast
The Box of Many Things is a new Torghast progression system that allows you to upgrade your performance and potential rewards inside the tower.
The currency required by the box is gathered by running Torghast, creating a new progression system for people interested in running it often.
In this guide, we will go into detail on what the Box can do for you, how to assign points to it, and in which order.
Box of Many Things Best Talent Order
While we will discuss each talent in the next sections, the order we recommend for Week 4 and the current 1060 Tower Knowledge cap is:
- Blessing of the Ancients (20 TK)
- Blessing of the Ancients (80 TK)
- Freed from Torment (40 TK)
- Efficient Looter (60 TK)
- Empowered Perseverance (40 TK)
- Empowered Swiftness (20 TK)
- The Adamant Vaults (100 TK)
- Blessing of the Ancients (200 TK)
- Enduring Souls (50 TK)
- Freed from Torment (200 TK)
- Empowered Perseverance (100 TK)
- Empowered Swiftness (60 TK)
- Good Reflexes (30 TK)
- Elite Slayer (40 TK)
- Unflinching (20 TK)
At this point, you will have spent the maximum 1060 points of week 4. Next week, we will focus on getting more ranks of Elite Slayer and Unflinching in order to open the final row, and the ultimate power: Empowered Nova.
Shadowlands Torghast Box of Many Things Guide
You do not need this quest in order to find Ve'nish in Torghast, but in Patch 9.1, you can pick up the In Darkness, Found quest in Korthia, given by Xy'lonu at Keeper's Respite. This quest sends you to find Ve'nish in Torghast.
Whether you have the Korthia quest or not, you will find him in one of the first floors of any layer you enter, and he will give you the Box of Many Things, which you can place near the Runecarver in order to unlock a Torghast-specific talent tree.
Torghast Tower Knowledge
Tower Knowledge, or TK in short, is a new Torghast currency used to unlock the Box of Many Things talents. You get this currency upon the completion of any layer. You get more of it from higher layers, and from doing them with a better Score.
For example, doing a 3-star layer 9 would reward 60 TK, while doing the same layer 9 with 5 stars would reward 90 TK. Doing a layer 12 with 3 stars would award 100 TK and so on.
This currency has a weekly cap that increases every week for all characters, similar to Conquest points. This allows to easy catch up on alts, as long as you do the Torghast runs required in order to cap your TK.
Box of Many Things Talents and Powers
Blessing of the Ancients
Blessing of the Ancients allows your Torghast runs to begin with 1 (20 TK cost), 2 (80 TK cost), or 3 (200 TK cost) blessings.
These are randomly selected daily rotating buffs for each Cell Block, such as:
- Anima Hoarder gives you a free Anima power orb at the start of each floor.
- Armed grants you 4 Obleron Armaments at the start of your run, resulting in +3% Haste, Mastery, Versatility and Critical Strike.
- Diminishing Blows causes the first 3 elites you attack in your run to have 75% less health.
- Chaotic Concoctions spawns a box near you at the start of your run that has multiples of three consumable items inside: Draught of Temporal Rush (25% Speed and 35% Haste for 20 seconds), Draught of Leeching Strikes (100% Leech for 20 seconds) and Long Tail Dynarats. Long Tail Dynarats cause enemies to explode for 33% of their maximum health to other nearby enemies on death.
- Advantage causes bosses to deal 30% less damage, receive 30% less healing and have 30% less health.
- Cursed Souls makes your Soul Remnants increase your primary stat by 3% instead of 1% each, but also makes them decrease your Stamina by 1% each, unless you have the Enduring Souls Box trait, which will result in your Stamina being increased by 2% per soul freed.
- Resilient reduces your damage taken by 10% and also reduces the duration of Stun, Silence and Fear effects on you by 25%.
- Rampage makes each of your kills give you a Rampage buff for 20 seconds. These buffs reduce your power costs by 5% and increase your cooldown recovery rate by 20% per stack, up to a maximum of 10 stacks.
- Surging Power increases your movement speed out of combat and grants you 3 lightning orbs while in combat which do significant damage over time to all enemies near you.
- Shoplifter allows you to attack and kill the broker vendors in Torghast. They will be neutral, so make sure to buy any powers you want from them before killing them for free extra powers and consumables.
- Phantastic increases your movement speed and haste by 1% for each 50 Phantasma carried, up to a maximum of 20%.
- Challenge Slayer gives you a 40% chance to kill a non-boss elite instantly when you bring it under 40% health.
Empowered Swiftness causes your empowered state to increase your movement and haste by an additional 5% (20 TK cost) or 10% (60 TK cost). This is a minor buff to the extra power you gain while empowered, and is mostly forgettable as you will not be spending most of your run empowered in a regular run.
Efficient Looter allows you to never have to bother looting anything other than the end boss again. This is not necessarily an important power since you can easily area loot most things in a fraction of a second, but it provides a nice quality of life increase, once you get the cheapest throughput and speed increasing powers.
Freed from Torment
Freed from Torment reduces the amount of torments you face in your Torghast runs by 1 (40 TK cost) / 2 (200 TK cost). Because torments can make your runs slower and more dangerous, this is a strong power which should be prioritized early on.
Torments are randomly selected daily rotating debuffs for each Cell Block, such as:
- Unstable Phantasma makes some of your Phantasma reserves coalesce into a mob near you, which you need to kill in order to recover your Phantasma before it escapes, soon after coalescing. You can stun / disorient and displace the mob to interrupt the escape cast, but it cannot be interrupted directly.
- Raging makes non-boss enemies deal 50% increased damage when brought under 30% health. This effect cannot be removed with enrage dispelling abilities.
- Supernatural Power makes the Unnatural Power buff that stacks over time on elites and bosses much stronger.
- Hardened causes non-elite enemies to have +25% health.
- Lockdown causes your location to be bombarded periodically, causing damage and slowing you if you are hit.
- Twisted Strength causes physical damage dealt by enemies and players to be increased by 15%.
- Twisted Magic causes magic damage dealt by enemies and players to be increased by 15%.
- Avenger makes enemies grant other nearby enemies extra haste when they die.
- Volatile Doom causes enemies to leave orbs behind on death, which explode in a short radius shortly afterwards, dealing high damage to any players nearby and applying a damage over time effect.
- Claustrophobic causes enemies to deal 10% extra damage when there are 5 of them or more within 10 yards of you.
- Tricks and Traps causes traps to become more commonly found and deal even more damage than usual.
- Thanatophobia causes you to become horrified for 3 seconds when your health dips under 40%, but can only happen once every 2 minutes.
- Backup causes bosses to have a Mawsworn Doubtcaller nearby, which will slow you down and use damaging spells until interrupted or killed.
- Reinforced: Commanding makes elite enemies in Torghast grant nearby non-elite enemies extra health and reduced damage taken.
- Reinforced: Reflective causes elite enemies to periodically gain a reflective shield while in combat which reflects physical damage taken.
- Reinforced: Follower of Klontzas makes elite enemies in Torghast cast ground effects which cause permanent negative debuffs. Each time you are hit will cause you to lose 1% damage / health / speed, and these effects stack.
- Reinforced: Unstoppable gives elite enemies in Torghast a buff that stops the first interrupt or stun you use on them.
- Reinforced: Doom Conduits causes elites to periodically spawn orbs with rotating black beams of death, similar to the Arcane enchanted enemies in Diablo 3.
Empowered Perseverance increases your empowered state duration by 25% (40 TK cost) / 50% (100 TK cost). This gives you more uptime on empowerment, allowing for a better score and quicker / easier runs, and is a solid power, if not game-breaking.
Discovered Cache increases the amount and rarity of Anima Powers offered by the broker vendors. Rank 1 (20 TK cost) gives you two rare power options, Rank 2 (50 TK cost) gives you two rare consumable options and Rank 3 (80 TK cost) gives you two epic power options. The extra options are picked from a new set of powers which generally do not complement your existing builds, making this bonus less useful than it looks at a first glance.
Undeterred reduces the damage you take from bosses by 5% (20 TK cost) / 10% (40 TK cost) / 15% / 20% / 25%. While generally unimpactful, it can be the difference between life and death against some of the tougher bosses.
The Adamant Vaults
The Adamant Vaults allows you to access two extra floors on layer 9 or above, if you finish your run with a 5-star Flawless Torghast Score. These contain new enemies, layouts, traps, bosses, and can drop new unique cosmetics, as well as the rare Death-Bound Shard and Alloy-Warping Facetor items!
You can find a detailed guide for the Adamant Vaults below.
Inexplicable Power increases your damage by 5% (20 TK cost) / 10% (40 TK cost) / 15% (70 TK cost) / 20% / 25% for 20 seconds after you engage a boss. Extra damage is always welcome, and killing bosses faster is very valuable, as they tend to be the most dangerous enemies.
You can also get a better score by killing the final boss in 20 (+20 score) or 40 (+10 score) seconds or less, for a Score bonus.
Enduring Souls makes Soul Remnants within Torghast also grant you 1% Stamina. This is a strong talent, which drastically increases your survivability for only 50 TK.
Good Reflexes causes traps to deal 20% (30 TK cost) / 40% (80 TK cost) less damage to you. Considering traps, such as fire pits, are one of the biggest sources of deaths, as their damage is often enough to one shot you, reducing their damage under one-shot territory is actually surprisingly valuable!
Death Denied causes your deaths to have a 5% (20 TP cost) / 10% (40 TP cost) / 15% (100 TP cost) chance not to count against your score at the end of your run. You really should try to avoid dying at all costs regardless, as each death grants a 20 score penalty, which is usually enough to bump you down a star.
Unflinching reduces the damage you take from elites by 5% (20 TP cost) / 10% (40 TP cost) / 15% (100 TP cost). This is a great survivability gain, as elites are by far the most dangerous enemies in Torghast, and also affected by many dangerous Torments.
Anima Plunderer causes an Anima Power orb to drop after you kill 10 (50 TP cost) / 20 (100 TP cost) / 30 (200 TP cost) enemies. Because it can only drop up to 3 Anima Powers, and also due to its high cost, this is a mostly forgettable power in its current state.
Elite Slayer causes Elite enemies to award 20% (40 TP cost) / 40% (100 TP cost) additional value to the empowered bar. This talent increases the amount of time you can be empowered drastically, making it a strong contributor towards high score runs.
Meddle With Fate
Meddle With Fate allows you to get a new set of Anima Power choices 1 (40 TP cost) / 2 (100 TP cost) / 3 (200 TP cost) times per run. Because of the high amount of powers available, and very limited amount of rerolls, this is not quite as useful as it might seem.
Empowered Nova creates highly damaging explosions near your character whenever you use any ability while empowered. Since you also get higher score for kills while empowered, this is a great power that speeds up your runs while also boosting your score.
- 21 Jul. 2021: Added Week 4 recommendations.
- 15 Jul. 2021: Added Week 3 recommendations.
- 08 Jul. 2021: Moved the recommended talent order to the start of the guide.
- 03 Jul. 2021: Added more text on the Adamant Vaults talent explanation.
- 26 Jun. 2021: Guide added.
- A Different Kind of Letter from Activision Blizzard Executive Fran Townsend
- J. Allen Brack's Internal Email to Blizzard Employees
- Domination Socket Helper Addon
- Sanctum of Domination Mythic Race: The Top 5
- Patch 9.1 Hotfixes: July 22nd
- Activision Blizzard Lawsuit Alleges Sexual Harrasment, Discrimination and More
- Patch 9.1 Hotfixes: July 21st
- Classic Torghast: 0 Score and Getting Stuck With Anima Power