Korthia Zone Overview and Guide
This page goes over the information currently available about Korthia, City of Secrets, the new patch 9.1 zone in the Shadowlands, and will be updated as more information becomes available.
Korthia, City of Secrets is a long-lost part of the Shadowlands which contains key secrets of the First Ones and their Attendants. The Jailer has a special interest in the secrets of this zone, and has used his chains to find and pull it into The Maw, allowing for player access.
You will be facing Dreadlords and other allies of the Jailer inside, but can also count on the support of the four Covenants who have established bases throughout the area.
Layout of Korthia
Korthia is a small zone where the Covenants have established their forward bases. You can find their hubs spread across the edges of the zone, with the army of Maldraxxus in the middle.
You start your journey at the zone's main hub of Keeper's Respite, to the northeast, and gradually explore the rest of the zone through the main story quests and rotating dailies. You can enter the Beastwarrens section of The Maw by heading north from Keeper's Respite.
You can use the second Waystone you activated in the opening quests to travel from Keeper's Respite directly to Oribos.
Main Story Quest
While detailing every part of the new storyline that unfolds in Korthia is best left to spoiler articles, there is a new extensive storyline — identical for all Covenants — that will introduce some of the new raid bosses of The Sanctum of Domination and give answers to some mysteries of the Shadowlands, such as who The Primus, the missing leader of Maldraxxus, is and where they are now.
There are also new developments for Odyn, Tyrande, Kael'thas, Lady Vashj, and Elune, among other notable figures of WoW's past and present!
Daily Quests and Visitors
Korthia has several daily quests available, of the same kind that are available in most WoW zones: killing, clicking, and bar-filling quests.
You will also be going through a lengthy zone-wide questline involving the Attendants of Korthia, Dreadlords who have infiltrated in their midst, and the Jailer's forces.
These are just a small preview of the daily quests available:
- Anima Reclamation, previewed above, is given by Kael'thas Sunstrider and requires you to reclaim 8 Devoured Anima from nearby Devourers.
- Slitherwing Talons, given by Lord Herne, requires you to gather 10 Slitherwing Talons from nearby Slitherwing enemies.
- Teas and Tinctures, given by Theotar, requires you to gather 12 (non-Herbalism) herbs from across the zone.
- Gold's No Object, given by Rendle, requires you to retrieve 7 Drab Hoppers critters from the fields nearby.
- Mawsworn Rituals, given by Arios Riftbearer, requires you to collect 8 Mawsworn Grimoires from caster Mawsworn enemies across Korthia.
- Nasty, Big, Pointy Teeth, given by Emeni, requires you to collect 6 Fierce Hopper Fangs from hoppers in the Mauler's Outlook area.
- Oozing with Character, given by Plague Deviser Marileth, requires you to help Ooz grow by consuming organic matter in the Mauler's Outlook area.
- Assail Mail, given by Messenger Mnemis, requires you to retrieve 6 Stolen Messages from the Scholar's Den area.
- Devoured Anima, given by Sika, requires you to reclaim 12 Devoured Anima from Devourer enemies in the Estuary of Awakening area.
While most of these quests give out small amounts of gold, Anima, reputation, or catch-up gear rewards, some of them can award pets, research, and the new Runecarving crafting resource, Korthite Crystal. Make sure to do any and all daily quests that award Korthite Crystals every day on all of your characters, if possible.
Korthite Crystals are a fundamental resource that is both extremely valuable and extremely rare. Because one of its only sources is as a reward from some of these daily quests at random, along with rarely being looted from Korthian Rares and Treasures, you should check all of the daily quests and make sure to complete the ones that award it. The rest of the quests are much less important, depending on how you value their particular rewards and the grind toward reaching Exalted with Death's Advance.
Death's Advance and Archivist's Codex Reputations
Korthia introduces the new Death's Advance and Archivist's Codex reputation factions. You can consult our specialized guides below for more information on their rewards and how to earn reputation with them:
Korthia Catch-Up Gear
Players can get their hands on catch-up gear in Korthia. You will find more information about how to obtain and upgrade the gear in our separate guide.
Every week there will be two Covenant Assaults marked in your Maw zone map. Each of these last for half a week and rotate in a way similar to the Beastwarrens hunt quests.
They can be completed in about 20 minutes and reward 50 Soul Cinders, which are used to increase a Shadowlands Legendary item beyond Item Level 235, as well as reputation with the Death's Advance faction and the Covenants involved in that particular assault.
You can also get some catch-up gear or pets inside the reward chest, and completing an assault will progress your weekly meta quest detailed below.
Tormentors of Torghast
Similar to the old Wrath of the Jailer event, this event starts in a random place in the Maw and requires players to kill enemies in the area to spawn a boss. Killing this boss gives weekly rewards, which include the new Legendary crafting material Soul Cinders and materials for a new mount, the Hand of Bahmethra.
Weekly Korthia Meta Quest
Doing daily quests and assault events in the Maw gives you 5% and 25% progress, respectively, toward the Shaping Fate weekly meta quest.
Your reward for completing this quest is 1500 Death's Advance reputation, 500 anima, and a Death's Advance War Chest which contains catch-up gear, a bind-on-account token that awards 500 reputation toward all Covenants, and gold in the form of high-value grey items.
- 23 Jun. 2021: Added information on daily quest rewards and the importance of Korthite Crystals.
- 15 Jun. 2021: Added information on the Tormentors of Torghast event.
- 16 May 2021: Guide created.
- A New Tradition: Celebrate a Change of Seasons With a Tree Gathering
- Patch 9.1.5 Build 40290 Class Changes
- Burning Crusade Classic Hotfixes: September 23rd
- In Celebration Of Diablo 2: Resurrected, We're Discounting Our Premium Subscription
- Patch 9.1.5 PTR Notes: September 23rd
- Shadowlands 9.1 Season 2 Mythic+ DPS Log Rankings, Week 11
- Rogue Class Changes (Patch 9.1.5 Build 40290)
- Priest Class Changes (Patch 9.1.5 Build 40290)