Enhancement Shaman DPS Crucible of Storms Raid Guide — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2.5
On this page, you will find tips, tricks, and strategies tailored to your Enhancement Shaman for each boss of the following raid: Crucible of Storms. All our content is updated for World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2.5.
Enhancement Shaman in the Crucible of Storms
In this section, you will find tips and details regarding each individual boss in the Crucible of Storms raid. This section will attempt to detail the finer points of what your specialization is capable of, but for standard information on the fight, please refer to the generic boss guides provided on the site.
Note on Enhancement Build Diversity
Due to Enhancement now having multiple divergent builds based on Azerite traits, the recommendations will require extra detail. Currently, an ideal build will be recommended based on the fight archetypes, and Talents + Azerite will be added.
Talent Cheatsheet for Enhancement Shaman
The Restless Cabal
- Natural Harmony x1-3
- Roiling Storm x1
- Thunderaan's Fury
- Ancestral Resonance x1
Talent and Build Notes
The Restless Cabal has an overwhelmingly high uptime of cleave opportunities, allowing you to make use of Crash Lightning throughout the majority of the encounter. This means having talents and traits that lean into that and heightened Stormbringer procs caused by it will provide the best damage output.
- The Level 30 tier only has Spirit Wolf as a useful option. This can be used to mitigate some of the high damage portions of the fight such as the Crushing Doubt detonations if you are forced out, or the Witness the End casts when they complete if the raid is unstable. This also provides some extra mobility when moving the boss or having to get out of range with Crushing Doubt yourself.
- Level 40 has either Nature's Guardian or Wind Rush Totem. The former provides an emergency backup heal if Witness the End the end is handled poorly. Wind Rush on the other hand can help the entire raid reposition with the boss, or assist other players trying to get out of range with Crushing Doubt.
- If you have two or more instances of Natural Harmony on your gear, make sure to use Hailstorm as your Level 35 talent to make use of the additional Mastery Frost damage grants.
- Thunderaan's Fury is especially useful here due to the additional casts of Crash Lightning, so make sure to have a point of this.
You should make sure to look at the The Restless Cabal guide to make sure you have a strong bearing on the mechanics of the encounter, as this section will cover small specific tips related to Enhancement.
- For the majority of the encounter both bosses will be tanked together, meaning you should maintain Crash Lightning at all times for additional cleave damage.
- Wind Shear is one of the best tools to deal with Witness the End casts, and you should co-ordinate with your raid which add you need to interrupt. Make sure to only interrupt when needed, so as to stagger the three individual activations and prevent a cast from completing when the debuff is present on the raid.
- Astral Shift should be used during the Storm of Annihilation as this is the most lethal portion of the encounter. Otherwise, use this if you find yourself with high stacks of Promises of Power and cannot be dispelled, or when out of the group with Crushing Doubt.
- Use Spirit Walk to get out of the group before the Crushing Doubt effect expires if it is applied to you. The remainder of the encounter should not require much heavy movement so you can often save it for this.
- Focus down the Visage from Beyond when it spawns, making use of your ability to funnel your cleave damage into it to prevent the Terrifying Echo cast. Use the left behind corpse to also increase your funnel damage on the boss, but otherwise ignore it unless it begins to cast again.
- Bloodlust/ Heroism will generally be used during the first or second Custody of the Deep activation to burn down the shield, so try to line up your Ascendance and Feral Spirit cooldowns with this whenever possible.
Uu'nat, Harbinger of the Void
- Primal Primer x3
- Natural Harmony x3
- Roiling Storm x1
- Ancestral Resonance x1
Talent and Build Notes
Uu'nat is made or broken by your single target damage, so you should aim to build around dealing as much as possible. This makes Primal Primer the ideal choice, alongside having more convenient cooldown timers to fit with the cycle of the fight.
- Always make sure to maintain 3 points in Primal Primer if opting into this build and after this, you should take 3 points in Natural Harmony. A single point of these Natural Harmony traits can be subbed out for either Ancestral Resonance as this will increase Bloodlust/ Heroism duration in the most important final phase, or Roiling Storm as a strong single target damage boost.
- The Level 30 tier only has Spirit Wolf as a useful option. This allows you to stick to the boss using Ghost Wolf more effectively, and provides additional damage reduction when navigating some portions of the boss arena during some positionally sensitive moments.
- All 3 Level 40 choices are useful depending on the situation. Nature's Guardian is useful as a safety net as usual, as there are a number of situations where additional damage can happen when out of range or unable to be targeted by your healers. Feral Lunge can provide extra sticking power to the boss, and also help navigate the beams spawned by Maddening Eyes of N'Zoth after your first debuff has expired. Wind Rush Totem on the other hand provides good raid utility allowing you to speed your entire raid up to move through these beams.
You should make sure to look at the Uu'nat, Harbinger of the Void guide to make sure you have a strong bearing on the mechanics of the encounter, as this section will cover small specific tips related to Enhancement.
- At any point where an Undying Guardian runs over the boss, or adds are clumped together get your Crash Lightning buff active. Do not go out of your way to do this though as add damage is not a priority for most of the encounter.
- Avoid using your AoE tools such as Crash Lightning and Sundering during Gift of N'Zoth: Lunacy, as allies will turn hostile. This is the most dangerous period as players cannot be healed so any extra damage may kill them due to Insatiable Torment circles still being active.
- You should be using Bloodlust/ Heroism in Phase Three, after the cast of Storm of Annihilation used in the intermission has completed.
- Cooldown use should be managed based on the boss health. Make sure not to waste a use of Feral Spirit when the boss is about to transition (at 70% and 45% respectively).
- Make use of your defensive tool Astral Shift when Gift of N'Zoth: Lunacy is applied as you will not be healed, and Feed on the Unworthy will be triggering in the melee camp. Otherwise, make use of it if you are accidentally hit by two beams during Maddening Eyes of N'Zoth. Ghost Wolf with Spirit Wolf can also be used here in an emergency.
- Spirit Walk should be used to get out of the circles spawned during phase two by Unknowable Terror. Also use it and Ghost Wolf in tandem to quickly move through one of the Maddening Eyes of N'Zoth beams, and then through the second when your debuff has faded.
- Wind Shear is one of the best tools to deal with Consume Essence casts from the Primordial Mindbenders in Phase Two, and should be used as often as possible to manage the adds when they are being burned down.
- You can use Tremor Totem as a backup tool during the Unknowable Terror casts in Phase Two in the event that any of your raid is caught within the circle, preventing the fear effect.
- 25 Jun. 2019: This page has been reviewed for the release of Patch 8.2 and no changes are necessary.
- 01 May 2019: Updated with notes for each boss.
- 15 Apr. 2019: Guide added.
- WoW Servers Down and Explanation
- Professions Capped at 150 Skill in Season of Discovery Phase 1
- Amirdrassil 10.2 Raid DPS Log Rankings, Week 3: In the Middle of Two Tuning Passes
- Gates of Ahn'Qiraj Open on Season of Discovery Realms
- Death Knight Atal'dazar +20 Solo in Dragonflight Season 3
- Metamorphosis Rune Found in Season of Discovery
- Number of Raid Bosses Per Expansion
- The 10 Rarest Still Obtainable Mounts (Video)