Enhancement Shaman DPS Gems, Enchants, and Consumables — Dragonflight 10.1
On this page, we list the best gems, enchants, flasks, potions, and food you can get for your Enhancement Shaman, based on your stat priority. We also give budget alternatives. This page is updated for World of Warcraft — Dragonflight 10.1.
If you were looking for WotLK Classic content, please refer to our WotLK Classic Enhancement Shaman gems and enchants.
Enchants, Gems and Consumables for Enhancement Shaman
This section covers the optimal gems, enchants, food, potions, and phials to use with your character. Please visit our dedicated Stats page to get a more detailed rundown of the different stats for Enhancement Shaman.
For all consumables excluding food in the lists below, you should utilize lower ranks of the same rank 3 options listed if you are looking for a cheaper alternative. The price difference is often significant for a small loss in stats gained.
Best Gems for Enhancement Shaman
Depending on your talent build, your gem selections will be slightly different:
- Elementalist builds prioritize one Skillful Illimited Diamond in your first socket, and Keen Neltharite in all others.
- Storm builds prioritize one Fierce Illimited Diamond in your first socket, and Keen Ysemerald in all others.
If you are using the Elemental Lariat neck, however, the gems used reverse to trigger the Mastery proc for Elementalist by using Keen Ysemerald, and the Haste proc for Storm by using Keen Neltharite. This is due to the proc being more valuable than the raw stats, and the element of the gem (Earth for Mastery, Air for Haste) dictates the proc.
Best Enchants for Enhancement Shaman
In Dragonflight, currently, we double up on Enchant Weapon - Sophic Devotion. This is because two procs double the value of each proc, and it is the strongest available enchant for us in all situations. In limited simulations Enchant Weapon - Wafting Devotion is also shown to be a relevant option to pair with it, but it is not currently recommended yet.
Storm builds can opt to take Enchant Ring - Devotion of Haste instead for Rings.
Cloak, Bracer, and Boot enchants are personal preferences as they have no direct impact on performance, but we recommend Avoidance and Stamina for the extra survivability.
Lambent Armor Kit has been added in Patch 10.1, and while this comes with Versatility, it has less Agility and no Stamina, so it is generally not recommended as an option.
Consumables for Enhancement Shaman
Best Phials and Potions for Enhancement Shaman
There are currently two options for your Phial of choice depending on the situation, but remember, there are no cauldrons providing phials in Dragonflight so you must supply your own:
- Iced Phial of Corrupting Rage — while we generally avoid Critical Strike, this provides more than any other option, especially due to us sacrificing it on most of our gear pieces. The downside of damage taken can be quite dangerous, but if you can handle it, this provides the greatest increase to throughput so long as uptime is not affected too much.
- Phial of Tepid Versatility — Numerically weaker, but significantly more consistent and provides a little extra defense. This is generally your go-to option, especially in Mythic+, and has the advantage of being very cheap.
Elemental Potion of Ultimate Power (or the cheaper Elemental Potion of Power variant) is your recommended potion in all situations. These potions can also be obtained from a Potion Cauldron of Ultimate Power/ Potion Cauldron of Power.
Potion of Shocking Disclosure has some niche benefits for mass AoE situations in Mythic+ if you do not want to pay the high price for other potions but is generally weaker.
Refreshing Healing Potion is the healing potion of choice. Using this has a 5-minute cooldown, but multiple can be consumed in an extended boss fight should it go on long enough. You can also use Potion of Withering Vitality in emergencies, but be wary of how much damage it deals after being used.
Additionally, Warlock's Healthstones do not share a cooldown with other healing consumables. Remember to use it as well if you are holding one!
Lastly, Alchemy has some more niche potions that can be used even if you are dead. Keeping some Residual Neural Channeling Agent handy in case you need to wait for a battle resurrection can be useful to still get value out of your potion cooldown should you die early.
Best Food for Enhancement Shaman
Whenever possible, if a feast is available, use the one provided in your group ( Grand Banquet of the Kalu'ak, for example). Alternatively, for personal food, Fated Fortune Cookie or Sizzling Seafood Medley should be used.
Weapon Enhancement Consumables for Enhancement Shaman
Unfortunately, due to the Enhancement imbue system, we have no access to the additional weapon rune consumables. This is because Windfury Weapon and Flametongue Weapon overwrite them, so save some money and do not worry about them!
While in previous patches, some builds have been able to drop Windfury Weapon to use one of these, this is no longer the case in Season 2 due to the changes to Elemental Weapons.
Augment Runes for Enhancement Shaman
In addition, if you can afford it, you should use Draconic Augment Runes to increase your primary stat. Since there is a finite amount of the consumable runes available, you should make sure to use them wisely and to stock up on them for when you need them.
Primordial Stones for Enhancement Shaman
The Onyx Annulet added in Patch 10.0.7 contains 3 unique Primordial Stone gem slots allowing you to equip up to 3 different proc effects. For Enhancement, this ring is roughly equivalent to a 412 Item Level ring in AoE or a 430 one in single-target. Due to this, it should no longer be relevant in Season 2. If you are using this, however, the ideal throughput gems for each scenario are as follows:
The ring in single-target revolves around a small feedback loop built into Prophetic Twilight Stone and Desirous Blood Stone. This counts as both a healing and damage effect allowing for additional back-to-back procs when either trigger. The Freezing Ice Stone is taken alongside because it simply deals the most individual damage of any stone.
- Desirous Blood Stone
- Prophetic Twilight Stone
- Storm Infused Stone (2-4 Target) / Pestilent Plague Stone (5+ Target)*
Similarly, in AoE, the feedback loop is strong here, too, emphasizing the strongest gem at a given target count. You can, however, opt out of the combo and simply take both AoE gems to diversify damage, and pair them with Freezing Ice Stone to round it out.
To find out how to obtain the Onyx Annulet and the Primordial Gemstones to use with it, check out our dedicated guide for it below.
- 01 May 2023: Updated for Patch 10.1 and new consumables.
- 24 Mar. 2023: Updated for Primordial Stones hotfixes.
- 22 Mar. 2023: Updated to account for Primordial Stones buff.
- 20 Mar. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.7.
- 24 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 28 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight launch.
- 25 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
More Shaman Guides
Guides from Other Classes
- Catalyst Item Level Break Points in Dragonflight Season 2
- Shadowlands LFR Solo Queue Option Coming in Patch 10.1.5?
- Galakrond's Head Compared to the Size of Stormwind and Deathwing
- Dragonflight Season 2 DPS Log Rankings for Aberrus, Week 3
- New Victorious Scourge and Sons of Hodir Tabards in Patch 10.1.5
- WoW Prop Hunt Game in Unreal Engine 5
- New Malygos Model in Patch 10.1
- Dragonflight 10.1 Weekly Hotfix Summary: May 22nd - May 28th