Enhancement Shaman DPS Macros and Addons — Dragonflight 10.2
On this page, you will find a number of useful macros and addons to make your life easier when playing your Enhancement Shaman in World of Warcraft — Dragonflight 10.2.
If you were looking for WotLK Classic content, please refer to our TBC Shaman addons and macros.
Enhancement Shaman Macros
Focus Cast Macros
We have several spells that can benefit from using a focus target, allowing you to still focus on your primary target with damaging attacks. Replace the Wind Shear in the macro below with any desired spell name:
- /cast [@focus,exists] Wind Shear
Good spells to use this with are Cleanse Spirit, Hex, Purge and Wind Shear.
Similarly, mousing over a target and casting a spell without moving from your main target can be beneficial, especially with specific talent builds. Replace the Cleanse Spirit in the macro below with the spell name:
- /cast [target=mouseover] Cleanse Spirit
This has other uses if targets are more dynamic, removing an input needed to target someone. Cleanse Spirit benefits from this, and the ability to quickly apply Flame Shock and Primordial Wave can be very helpful. Also makes maintaining Lashing Flames less daunting.
Self-Cast Healing Surge
This will always prioritize yourself when casting Healing Surge for reliable self-healing:
- /cast [@player] Healing Surge
Totem Placement Macros
For any totem with a targeting circle, two macro options are available to drop it quicker. The first drops it immediately at your feet (replace the Wind Rush Totem in the following macros with your desired totem name):
- /cast [@player] Wind Rush Totem
Or at your current cursor location:
- /cast [@cursor] Wind Rush Totem
This can be used for Wind Rush Totem, Earthgrab Totem or even Totemic Projection.
Totemic Projection on Cooldown Macro
To efficiently move Windfury Totem around with us, you can macro Totemic Projection into a rotational ability thanks to it being off the Global Cooldown. A common ability to tie it to is Stormstrike, but any button can be used with the following macro:
- #showtooltip Stormstrike
- /cast Totemic Projection
- /cast Stormstrike
All-in-One Imbues and Lightning Shield
This can be used to apply all of your imbues with 3 button presses using a single bind:
- /castsequence reset=10 Flametongue Weapon, Lightning Shield, Windfury Weapon
Ice Strike and Fire Nova Macro
This macro will allow you to share the same binding between Ice Strike and Fire Nova, as they are rarely (if ever) taken together. It will simply change depending on which talent you have selected:
- /cast [known:Fire Nova] Fire Nova; [known:Ice Strike] Ice Strike
Enhancement Shaman Addons
Generic Addons for Shamans
Here, at Icy Veins, we use ElvUI for all our characters. This addon is a complete replacement of the default User Interface. It comes with almost everything you need to perform properly: action bars, cooldown timers, proc display, etc.
We strongly recommend that you get this addon and our forum moderator Pandacho has written a quick configuration guide for it.
WeakAuras is an extremely useful addon that allows you to have visual effects on your screen, helping you track your buffs, debuffs and cooldowns. It is highly customisable and it can make it much, much easier to keep track of your procs and play your spec more proficiently. It can also be used for a variety of other functions.
Boss Mods: Deadly Boss Mods or Bigwigs
Boss mods are addons that warn you about boss abilities and give you live advice on how to handle some mechanics. We strongly recommend you to get one such addon. At Icy Veins, we mostly use Deadly Boss Mods, the most popular boss mod. A good alternative is Big Wigs.
"Details!" Damage Meter is a real-time DPS/HPS meter with a lot of additional functionality such as being able to see cooldowns, buffs, debuffs, damage done to specific targets, and statistical analysis. In our opinion, it is superior to Skada in terms of functionality, although it is slightly more complicated to configure. We recommend Details! as your default damage meter, but if you prefer something easier, then Skada is still a good option.
GTFO is a lightweight addon that notifies you when you are standing in harmful effects or when you are making other such mistakes. It is very useful, even if your boss mod is already alerting you of such things.
Hekili is a visual rotation aid that gives a visual cue to help players better grasp the moment-to-moment gameplay that can sometimes be overwhelming. It is regularly updated to align with new simulation profiles as and when they are created, and we highly recommend it as a tool both to learn with and as a helping hand to steer you along the right path, even for experienced players.
- 06 Nov. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.2, no changes necessary.
- 04 Sep. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.7, no changes necessary.
- 10 Jul. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.5, no changes necessary.
- 29 Apr. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1, no changes necessary.
- 20 Mar. 2023: Added more commonly used macros, and reviewed for Patch 10.0.7.
- 24 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Reviewed for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 28 Nov. 2022: Reviewed for Dragonflight launch.
- 25 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- Season of Discovery Global Launch Times: When Does the Update Go Live?
- Detailed Zone Exploration of New Night Elf Capital City of Bel'ameth in Patch 10.2.5
- Weekly Catalyst Charges in Patch 10.2.5
- Dragonflight 10.2 Hotfixes, November 29th
- Method World 3rd Fyrakk Mythic Kill and 9/9 Amirdrassil
- New Love is in the Air Armor Sets in Patch 10.2.5
- Icy Veins Launches Genshin Impact Guides Section
- Dragonflight Season 3 Mythic+ DPS Log Rankings: Week 2