Enhancement Shaman DPS Macros and Addons — Shadowlands 9.0.5
On this page, you will find a number of useful macros and addons to make your life easier when playing your Enhancement Shaman in World of Warcraft — Shadowlands 9.0.5.
If you were looking for WoW Classic content, please refer to our Classic Shaman addons and macros.
Enhancement Shaman Macros
Self-Cast Healing Surge
This will always prioritize yourself when casting Healing Surge for reliable self healing:
- /cast [@player] Healing Surge
This will then remove the buff if it is active, as the prior macro prevents you from doing so. While this takes up two bindings, it is important to make use of to prevent wasting Global Cooldowns by accidentally cancelling.
Generic Macros for Shamans
- /cast [@focus,exists][@target] Wind Shear
This macro will stop your current cast and cast Wind Shear on your focus if available, otherwise it will be cast on your target.
- /cast [@focus,exists][@target] Purge
This macro will stop your current cast and cast Purge on your focus if available, otherwise it will be cast on your target.
Wind Rush Totem
Two options are available, allowing you to either instantly cast Wind Rush Totem at your feet:
- /cast [@player] Wind Rush Totem
Or at your current cursor location:
- /cast [@cursor] Wind Rush Totem
These remove an input and allow you to activate the totem much quicker than usual to get the movement speed rolling quickly.
Enhancement Shaman Addons
Generic Addons for Shamans
Here, at Icy Veins, we use ElvUI for all our characters. This addon is a complete replacement of the default User Interface. It comes with almost everything you need to perform properly: action bars, cooldown timers, proc display, etc.
We strongly recommend that you get this addon and our forum moderator Pandacho has written a quick configuration guide for it.
WeakAuras is an extremely useful addon that allows you to have visual effects on your screen, helping you track your buffs, debuffs and cooldowns. It is highly customisable and it can make it much, much easier to keep track of your procs and play your spec more proficiently. It can also be used for a variety of other functions.
Boss Mods: Deadly Boss Mods or Bigwigs
Boss mods are addons that warn you about boss abilities and give you live advice on how to handle some mechanics. We strongly recommend you to get one such addon. At Icy Veins, we mostly use Deadly Boss Mods, the most popular boss mod. A good alternative is Big Wigs.
"Details!" Damage Meter is a real-time DPS/HPS meter with a lot of additional functionality such as being able to see cooldowns, buffs, debuffs, damage done to specific targets, and statistical analysis. In our opinion, it is superior to Skada in terms of functionality, although it is slightly more complicated to configure. We recommend Details! as your default damage meter, but if you prefer something easier, then Skada is still a good option.
GTFO is a lightweight addon that notifies you when you are standing in harmful effects or when you are making other such mistakes. It is very useful, even if your boss mod is already alerting you of such things.
Hekili is a visual rotation aid that gives a visual cue to help players better grasp the moment-to-moment gameplay that can sometimes be overwhelming. It is regularly updated to align with new simulation profiles as and when they are created, and we highly recommend it as a tool both to learn with and as a helping hand to steer you along the right path, even for experienced players.
- 27 Apr. 2021: Removed Pawn from generic Addon recommendations.
- 24 Nov. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands.
- 13 Oct. 2020: Page updated for the Shadowlands pre-patch.
- No Rating Requirements to Purchase Arena Gear from a Previous Season in Burning Crusade Classic
- World Boss for the Week of May 4 - Oranomonos
- Torghast Torment System Reworked in Patch 9.1
- Burning Crusade Classic Beta Updates: Arena Matchmaking, Title and Gear Changes
- Burning Crusade Classic Release Date? Brief Ad Popup On Battle Net Indicates June 1st
- Children's Week Is Here, May 3rd to May 10th
- Fun Fact: Turtle Polymorph Unique Sleep Interaction
- Castle Nathria 9.0.5 DPS Log Rankings and Analysis, Week 8: Shadow and Arcane Move Up at the Top