Enhancement Shaman DPS Gear and Best in Slot — Shadowlands 9.0.2
On this page, you will find the best gear and best in slot items for your Enhancement Shaman in World of Warcraft Shadowlands 9.0.2.
If you were looking for WoW Classic content, please refer to our Classic Enhancement Shaman DPS gear and best in slot.
Gearing a Enhancement Shaman
Welcome to our Gearing Page for Enhancement Shaman, where we cover everything you need to know about your character's gearing process.
If you have a new piece of gear that you need gems and enchants advice for, you can find everything you need on our dedicated page below.
The Importance of "Simming Yourself" as a Enhancement Shaman
At this stage in the game, there are so many variables and so many layers of optimization that you can apply to your character, that there is no way for a guide or anything else to tell you exactly what gear you should wear. This is why we always recommend simulating your own character using Raidbots. The website can help you choose set bonuses, Azerite traits, trinkets and combinations thereof in a way that is tailored completely to your specific character. Learning to use this tool is essential to maximizing your potential, as there is simply no other way to take all the variables into account.
What Gear Do I Farm/Bonus Roll/Chase After?
When identifying what gear you should be aiming after, we recommend using RaidBots' Droptimizer feature. It requires the SimulationCraft Addon. Once you have the addon installed, write "/simc" into the chat in-game, and copy-pasting the contents into the RaidBots Droptimizer.
Simply select the raid and difficulty you are interested in, and RaidBots will take a while to figure out where you should spend your bonus rolls, and more.
Gearing Early in Shadowlands as an Enhancement Shaman
Now that Shadowlands Season 1 has begun, the majority of your gear will be coming from more focused activities such as Raiding, Mythic+, PvP, or your weekly Vault cache. However, you can still augment your choices with the following activities:
- Covenant Callings: these are daily emissary quests that can provide powerful gear pieces, and also grant Conduits when completed.
- Covenant Campaign: This will give you a full set of gear that can be upgraded with Anima up to 197, and when complete also gives a single 187 weapon token.
- The Maw: Rares and Events in The Maw have a chance to drop gear up to item level 183.
- Battlegrounds: you can exchange Honor points earned in PvP to upgrade PvP gear up to item level 197.
- Mythic dungeons: Regular Mythic dungeons can be done once per week with access to gear up to item level 184.
- Reputations: raising reputation with each zone's faction allows you to buy gear at Honored and Exalted, and these are great to fill in holes in your gear if you do not get any other drops.
While we heavily recommend simming yourself, you can find some of our general simulations on the dedicated page below.
Legendaries for Enhancement Shaman
Currently there is an ideal first craft legendary for Enhancement in Doom Winds, and this is recommended to get early on, with the pattern dropping from Spires of Ascension. After this, we would advise holding onto your Soul Ash earned and seeing if anything changes before crafting alternative, more specific pieces.
For a more detailed explanation of legendary picks worth looking at, and when you should consider crafting or using them, look at our dedicated legendary page below:
Conduits for Enhancement Shaman
Best Potency Conduits for Enhancement Shaman
Best Endurance Conduits for Enhancement Shaman
For more details regarding each individual Conduit, you can look at our dedicated Covenant, Soulbind, and Conduits page linked below:
Trinket Notes for Enhancement Shaman
Due to how strong trinkets can sometimes be, and that they are not always easily accessible from Mythic+, raiding, and PvP sources, we recommend always using Raidbots Top Gear to determine what your optimal trinkets are.
Bloodmallet.com also provides rankings for Shadowlands trinkets to give a general overview of relative power levels, and things to look out for:
Many people have a tendency to overthink the distribution of their secondary stats. An important thing to remember is that a higher quantity of stats is nearly always better than a better quality of stats. Because of this, wearing higher item level gear with worse stats tends to be better than lower item level gear with great stats. Keep this in mind when considering gear. For more stats information, please refer to our dedicated page.
Recommended Dungeon Gear for Enhancement Shaman
This is a recommended set of gear available exclusively from Dungeon drops. This excludes open world drops because of how random it can sometimes be to acquire them, so these serve as items to slot in whenever you can. Trinkets are not listed, as they are covered in the dedicated section above.
|Helm||Nathrian Usurper's Mask||Halls of Atonement|
|Neck||Sin Stained Pendant||Halls of Atonement|
|Shoulder||Wintersnap Shoulderguards||Mists of Tirna Scithe|
|Cloak||Drape of Twisted Loyalties||Spires of Ascension|
|Chest||Harness of Twisted Whims||De Other Side|
|Wrists||Fallen Paragon's Armguards||Spires of Ascension|
|Gloves||Grips of Overwhelming Beatings||Theater of Pain|
|Belt||Executor's Prideful Girdle||Sanguine Depths|
|Legs||Lichbone Legguards||The Necrotic Wake|
|Boots||Spatial Rift Striders||De Other Side|
|Ring #1||Stitchflesh's Misplaced Signet||The Necrotic Wake|
|Ring #2||Bloodoath Signet||Theater of Pain|
|Weapons||Stone General's Edge||Sanguine Depths|
|Alternative||Gorebound Predator's Gavel||Theater of Pain|
Recommended Castle Nathria for Enhancement Shaman
This section contains the best gear to look for in the Castle Nathria raid. It does not include anything from outside sources, so with some drops you have access to you might have better choices.
Note that the weapons come from Venerated Anima Spherules that are tokens. These provide different weapons depending on your covenant, but all require this token to purchase.
- 21 Jan. 2021: Updated item levels for rewards, removed trinket recommendations due to Bloodmallet support.
- 08 Dec. 2020: Updated with Castle Nathria gear.
- 24 Nov. 2020: Page updated for Shadowlands launch.
- 13 Oct. 2020: Page updated for the Shadowlands pre-patch.
- Do Not Queue for Battlegrounds in the 10-49 Level Range as Alliance!
- Soulbind Swapping Tips/Reminders
- Quick-access Notable Curse, Disease and Poison List for Mythic+
- Patch 9.0.2 Hotfixes: January 26th
- Shadowlands Mythic+ DPS, Tank and Healer Log Rankings and Analysis: Week 6 and 7
- Legendary Powers Available from Torghast Wings During the Week of January 26
- How Exactly Do the Mythic+ Keys from Great Vault Work?
- Legendary Soul Ash Calculator