Enhancement Shaman DPS Gear and Best in Slot — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1
On this page, you will find the best gear and best in slot items for your Enhancement Shaman in World of Warcraft Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1.
1. Gearing in Battle for Azeroth
1.1. How to Gear Before Raids
Gearing up to prepare to ender Uldir provides a lot of different options now that Battle for Azeroth has opened up the majority of different gear paths. You will ideally want to get yourself to a healthy item level before setting foot in Uldir, and this can be done through a variety of different ways.
Remember to sim yourself a healthy amount when deciding on gear pieces to know what stats to aim for and which pieces to equip, but generally for Enhancement Shaman you will be aiming for the highest item level pieces with as much Haste as possible. Your next priority with stats will depend on the content you are doing, with Mastery leaning toward AoE and cleave, and Critical Strike / Versatility honing in on single target.
- World Quests provide players with a variety of rewards such as Azerite, Reputation, and even Gear. World Quest gear scales with the player and the item level caps at 330 once the player's item level is 325. This gear can roll additional sockets and even be Titanforged, so if the piece has good stats, doing the World Quest can give you a solid item before Uldir.
- Reputation gives out rewards based on your status with the faction. For most factions, Honored awards a 320 cloak, Revered a 335 item, and Exalted gives a 350 piece. Champions of Azeroth awards a 355 item level Azerite Chest with the Primal Primer trait. Additionally, each reputation level grants additional item level boosts to your Heart of Azeroth.
- Mythic+ rewards gear based upon the keystone level you complete:
- 2-3: 345
- 4: 350
- 5-6: 355
- 7: 360
- 8-9: 365
- 10: 370
- World Bosses spawn weekly, and killing this grants a once a week for a chance at a 355 item level piece of gear.
- Leatherworking can craft 355 item level Boots and Legs, and allow you to craft an improved 370 piece using Sanguicells from Uldir. These can be further improved after crafting this piece to 385, using significantly more Sanguicells. These can be rerolled using the scrapper to get your Sanguicells back, and should be rerolled to ideal stats if you have the Expulsom available.
- Warfronts can be repeated as many times as you want, each rewarding a random piece of 340 gear, with a weekly quest rewarding a piece of 370 gear. These can only be done when your faction has control of Arathi, which will cycle roughly every 5 days.
1.1.1. Weekly Mythic+ Chest
Along these same lines, you should be completing at least one keystone at a high item level each week to make use of the weekly chest. The highest keystone you complete (up to a maximum of 10) will determine the final reward:
|Keystone Level||Weekly Chest Loot||Azerite Armor Chest Loot|
1.1.2. PvP Gearing Options
While not usually recommended, the additional route of gearing via PvP is very lucrative in Battle for Azeroth. You will gain a piece of high item level gear each week based upon your current maximum rating, dictated by the following brackets. You will also receive End of Match rewards at random, at a slightly reduced item level.
|Rating Level||End of Match Rewards||Weekly Cache Loot||Weekly Azerite Armor Loot|
1.2. Notable Trinkets and Weapons
Trinkets, Weapons, and Azerite Armor are the three largest DPS increases to any class in the game. Getting good pieces to fill these slots early allows you to perform incredibly well. They are also the hardest pieces to get.
There are a number of strong weapons for Enhancement Shaman, and note that they can all be used in either hand. Ideally you should be looking for Haste weapons, such as:
- Sinister Wicker Talons — Waycrest Manor
- Soulcharmer's Bludgeon — Waycrest Manor
- Soulrending Claw — Atal'dazar
There is also a unique proc effect Fist Weapon, Bile-Stained Crawg Tusks from The Underrot. This effect is relatively powerful for Enhancement, and can be used in place of the secondary stats on other weapons if you acquire one strong enough.
Thanks to Bloodmallet.com, a comprehensive list of available trinkets for Enhancement are listed against each other below.
You can check through the Enhancement Azerite page to look through the values of different traits and target different items.
1.3. Recommended Uldir Gear
Due to there only being one raid available at this point in Battle for Azeroth, this list will provide the ideal items available to you within it. This does not include items that are found outside of the raid, so this may be altered based on items you have available from outside sources. Note this also does not include trinkets as they are covered in the above chart.
|Helm||Crest of the Undying Visionary||Zul, Reborn|
|Shoulder||Spaulders of Coagulated Viscera||G'huun|
|Cloak||Fetid Horror's Tanglecloak||Fetid Devourer|
|Chest||C'thraxxi General's Hauberk||Mythrax the Unraveler|
|Gloves||Oblivion Crushers||Mythrax the Unraveler|
|Belt||Titanspark Energy Girdle||Zek'voz, Herald of N'Zoth|
|Legs||Blighted Anima Greaves||Vectis|
|Boots||Fused Monstrosity Stompers||Fetid Devourer|
|Ring #1||Band of Certain Annihilation||Mythrax the Unraveler|
|Ring #2||Rot-Scour Ring||M.O.T.H.E.R.|
|Weapons||Mother's Twin Gaze||M.O.T.H.E.R.|
|Alternative||Lancet of the Deft Hand||G'huun|
1.3.1. Ideal Bosses to Coin
You should ideally be spending your Seal of Wartorn Fate on a combination of M.O.T.H.E.R., Mythrax, or G'huun. You should decide based upon Azerite pieces you require, and how important a weapon upgrade is. If you are severely lacking a Helm Azerite piece, you can also coin Zul, Reborn to cover this gap.
- 10 Dec. 2018: This page has been reviewed for Patch 8.1 and no changes are necessary.
- 12 Sep. 2018: Updated with gearing paths and Uldir item recommendations.
- 13 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- 22 Jul. 2018: Altered trinket section to indicate direct damage trinkets are performing better.
- Kul Tiran & Zandalari Druid Empowered Moonkin Form
- Allied Races: Are Mechagnomes and Vulpera Next?
- Titan Residuum Hotfix: January 16th
- The Story of Xal'atath in Patch 8.1.5
- Patch 8.1.5 Build 28938: Highlights
- This Week in WoW: January 15th
- What's Changing (and Not!) in Season 2
- Bruce (Brawler's Guild Mount) in Patch 8.1.5
- Feral Druid 8.1
- when to use blizzard/aoe as frost?
- Windwalker Monk PvP 8.1
- Unholy Death Knight PvP 8.1
- Survival Hunter PvP 8.1
- Subtlety Rogue PvP 8.1
- Shadow Priest PvP 8.1
- Retribution Paladin PvP 8.1