Enhancement Shaman DPS Gear and Best in Slot — Dragonflight 10.2
On this page, you will find the best gear and best in slot items for your Enhancement Shaman in World of Warcraft Dragonflight 10.2.
If you were looking for WotLK Classic content, please refer to our WotLK Classic Enhancement Shaman gear and best in slot.
Gearing an Enhancement Shaman
Welcome to our Gear and BiS Page for Enhancement Shaman for Dragonflight 10.2. Check this page to learn everything you need to know about gearing a Enhancement Shaman, including the BiS Gear from all sources, Raiding, and Mythic+, information on the best Trinkets, Tier Sets, and much more.
BiS Gear Guide for Enhancement Shaman
Enhancement generally aims for the highest item level pieces available, aiming for a mixture of Mastery and Haste on gear pieces, with some deviations depending on build. The only items that tend not to follow the item level rule is Jewelry, as these have no Agility. Thus, power is weighted more toward ideal secondary stats. Visit our Stats page for more details.
BiS Gear for Enhancement Shaman
BiS List for Enhancement Shaman
This list is the ideal DPS setup, including all sources available to us. This includes Crafting, Raids, Mythic+, and even The Great Vault. Therefore, think of this more as an end goal to work toward, as this list provides the most balanced end setup, assuming you have access to everything. All crafted pieces listed will be using a Draconic Missive of the Feverflare
|Weapons||Soulrending Claw (489)||The Great Vault / Atal'Dazar|
|Alternatives||Igira's Flaying Hatchet (489)||Mythic Igira the Cruel|
|Helm||Greatwolf Outcast's Jaws (489)||Revival Catalyst, or Mythic Tindral Sageswift|
|Neck||Eye of the Rising Flame (489)||Mythic Tindral Sageswift|
|Shoulder||Greatwolf Outcast's Companions (489)||Revival Catalyst, or Mythic Smolderon|
|Cloak||Vibrant Wildercloth Shawl (486)||Crafted by Tailoring, using Shadowflame-Tempered Armor Patch|
|Chest||Greatwolf Outcast's Harness (489)||Revival Catalyst, or Mythic Nymue, Weaver of the Cycle|
|Bracers||Adaptive Dracothyst Armguards (486)||Crafted by Leatherworking|
|Gloves||Greatwolf Outcast's Grips (489)||Revival Catalyst, or Mythic Igira the Cruel|
|Belt||Reality-Warping Waistband (489)||The Great Vault / Dawn of the Infinite|
|Legs||Nettle-Scarred Greaves (489)||The Great Vault / Waycrest Manor|
|Boots||Whelp Handler's Lined Boots (489)||The Great Vault / Darkheart Thicket|
|Ring #1||Band of Burning Thorns (489)||Mythic Larodar, Keeper of the Flame|
|Ring #2||Arch-Druid's Tainted Seal (489)||The Great Vault / Darkheart Thicket|
|Trinket #1||Pip's Emerald Friendship Badge (489)||Mythic Council of Dreams|
|Trinket #2||Cataclysmic Signet Brand (489)||Mythic Smolderon|
|Alternative||Porcelain Crab (489)||The Great Vault / Throne of the Tides|
Mythic+ Gear BiS List for Enhancement Shaman
This list contains the ideal options for each slot available from Mythic+ dungeons added in the Season 3 pool. These are items that are worth target farming if you are looking to gear up a character and have holes in your gear set. This does not include any Raid or Crafted items.
Note: this is not a list for the best gear to wear when doing Mythic+, and instead a list of the best gear available from these dungeons in each respective slot. For that, see the overall list.
|Alternative||Fallen Drake's Bonesplitter||Dawn of the Infinite|
|Helm||Greatwolf Outcast's Jaws||Revival Catalyst|
|Neck||Chain of the Green Flight||Darkheart Thicket|
|Shoulder||Greatwolf Outcast's Companions||Revival Catalyst|
|Cloak||Drape of the Raven Lord||Black Rook Hold|
|Chest||Greatwolf Outcast's Harness||Revival Catalyst|
|Bracers||Slaughterhouse-Chain Bracers||Waycrest Manor|
|Gloves||Greatwolf Outcast's Grips||Revival Catalyst|
|Belt||Reality-Warping Waistband||Dawn of the Infinite|
|Legs||Rockhide Leggings||The Everbloom|
|Boots||Whelp Handler's Lined Boots||Darkheart Thicket|
|Ring #1||Arch-Druid's Tainted Seal||Darkheart Thicket|
|Ring #2||Band of Twisted Bark||Darkheart Thicket|
|Trinket #1||Porcelain Crab||Throne of the Tides|
|Trinket #2||Witherbark's Branch||The Everbloom|
Raid Gear BiS List for Enhancement Shaman
This list provides the best item in each slot available within Amirdrassil if you need to inform your organized group of items you are looking out for. This does not include any Crafted pieces.
Note: this is not a list for the best gear to wear when Raiding, and instead a list of the best item available from the current raid in each slot. For that, see the overall list.
|Weapons||Igira's Flaying Hatchet||Assault of the Zaqali|
|Alternative||Thorncaller Claw||Council of Dreams|
|Helm||Greatwolf Outcast's Jaws||Tindral Sageswift|
|Neck||Eye of the Rising Flame||Tindral Sageswift|
|Shoulder||Greatwolf Outcast's Companions||Smolderon|
|Cloak||Mantle of Blazing Sacrifice||Smolderon|
|Chest||Greatwolf Outcast's Harness||Nymue, Weaver of the Cycle|
|Bracers||Twisted Flamecuffs||Larodar, Keeper of the Flame|
|Gloves||Greatwolf Outcast's Grips||Igira the Cruel|
|Belt||Forlorn Leaf Clasp||Gnarlroot|
|Legs||Aerwynn's Ritual Sarong||Council of Dreams|
|Boots||Cleats of the Savage Claw||Council of Dreams|
|Ring #1||Band of Burning Thorns||Larodar, Keeper of the Flame|
|Ring #2||Daydreamer's Glimmering Ring||Amirdrassil Trash|
|Trinket #1||Cataclysmic Signet Brand||Smolderon|
|Trinket #2||Pip's Emerald Friendship Badge||Council of Dreams|
Enchants and Sockets
If you have a new piece of gear containing prismatic sockets or are eligible to be enchanted, you can find everything you need to pick the best one for the job on our dedicated enchants page below.
"Simming" Yourself as a Enhancement Shaman
Throughout this page and elsewhere in our guide, we regularly refer to the importance of simming yourself on Raidbots. This is because every character is unique, and each individual gear piece you have access to can change the overall balance and alter what is best right now for you.
While we do offer generic sim charts for Trinkets and offer recommendations, these are not complete replacements for simming yourself. The only way to truly optimize your character to that degree is by making use of the tools available!
If you are new to simming and Raidbots, check out our detailed guide below.
Tier Set Bonus for Enhancement Shaman in Season 3
Dragonflight Set Bonuses
Amirdrassil Tier Set bonus for Enhancement Shaman
Tier sets are unique bonuses tied to each Season of Dragonflight, comprised of 5 gear pieces. Bonuses are unlocked at 2 and 4 pieces equipped, and the Vision of the Greatwolf Outcast focuses on your Primordial Wave ability:
- Shaman Enhancement 10.2 Class Set 2pc - Casting Primordial Wave summons one Lightning imbued Feral Spirit that increases your Nature damage by 20% for 15 seconds.
- Shaman Enhancement 10.2 Class Set 4pc - Each Feral Spirit wolf you spawn reduces the cooldown of your Primordial Wave ability by 7 seconds.
Much like last season, this requires you to spend at least one talent point to gain access to Primordial Wave to trigger the effect. For Elementalist builds, this talent path is already part of the loadout, while Storm sacrifices either a point in Elemental Assault or Legacy of the Frost Witch (depending on single-target or AoE) to get the base ability.
The 2-piece wolf counts as an Elemental Spirits imbued wolf , so it increases all Nature damage in the same way, and activates the ticking Maelstrom Weapon from Feral Spirit when summoned. The 4-piece grants the cooldown reduction for each individual wolf including the 2-piece, meaning a Primordial Wave cast into Feral Spirit reduces the cooldown by 21 seconds each cycle.
The priority is usually to ignore the Maelstrom Weapon CDR for Feral Spirit via Witch Doctor's Ancestry and prioritize cycling Primordial Wave faster, but do not hold either for too long to do this. It will vary significantly throughout an encounter because of the variable cooldown rates of Feral Spirit in particular. The gameplay of the bonus is just a faster rotational pace, but otherwise is played much like Primordial Wave usually is. Additional details on how to play around this window correctly can be found in a dedicated section on our Rotation page below:
When to Switch Set Bonuses
Ideally, you should switch to the Season 3 bonus as early as possible as a priority, but only do so when you have full access to the new 4-piece. This is due to each requiring a talent point investment, diluting the value until you can focus on one or the other, and strongly weighting toward the 4-piece effects.
Aberrus Tier Set bonus for Enhancement Shaman
The Runes of the Cinderwolf bonuses from the Season 2 are still usable, focusing on Sundering. The bonuses were as follows:
- Shaman Enhancement 10.1 Class Set 2pc - Sundering grants you 24% Mastery for 15 seconds.
- Shaman Enhancement 10.1 Class Set 4pc - Sundering also increases your Physical and Fire damage dealt by 20% for 15 seconds. Additionally, your next two Chain Lightning casts within 15 seconds will deal 20% additional damage and refund 50% of the Maelstrom Weapon stacks spent.
While these bonuses do remove your ability to use Sundering as a CC tool (mostly because so much is baked into it), it provides a very potent burst tool. This lines up with Primordial Wave or Doom Winds for extra layered burst, and in AoE, the bonus Chain Lightning damage is very powerful. While still using this bonus, talenting into Sundering is mandatory.
Ideally, we switch out either the Chest or Gloves, as both of these have neither Haste or Mastery present.
Additional details on how to play around this window correctly can be found in a dedicated section on our Rotation page below:
Vault of the Incarnates Tier Set Bonus for Enhancement Shaman
The Elements of Infused Earth bonuses from the Season 1 are still usable, and were as follows:
- Enhancement Shaman 2pc causes Stormstrike casts to increase the damage of your next direct Fire, Frost, or Nature spell by 10%, and generate a charge of Maelstrom Weapon.
- Enhancement Shaman 4pc causes your Maelstrom Weapon consuming spells to grant 0.5% Haste per stack consumed for 3 seconds.
Both of these bonuses are powerful for all situations. It further increases our Maelstrom Weapon generation and increases an incentive to spend efficiently, but requires no rotational changes to make use of.
Best Crafted Items for Enhancement Shaman
With Dragonflight Professions, you can craft items with customizable stats in nearly all slots with up to Item Level 486. This means that for many non-tier slots, Crafted items are a competitive alternative when gearing quickly or to fill up gaps in your gearset.
If you want to learn more about the Crafting system in general and potentially craft your own items for less Gold, check out our dedicated page below.
Best Enhancement Shaman Crafting Order
Best Crafting Order for Enhancement Shaman
This is our general recommendation for the best Crafting Order. Due to weapons providing an extremely high amount of value for one spark, it always comes first, then Embellishment items. All crafts, unless otherwise stated, use a Draconic Missive of the Feverflare wherever possible.
- Obsidian Seared Facesmasher Main Hand (or any Agility one-hand that is not a Dagger or Sword). Put Fang Adornments on this to start.
- Adaptive Dracothyst Armguards.
- Vibrant Wildercloth Shawl - put Shadowflame-Tempered Armor Patch on and remove the Fang Adornments from the weapon.
- Signet of Titanic Insight (with Alchemical Flavor Pocket)
After this point, we recommend using sims to judge if there are any gaps in your gearing that could be improved with the right craft. When it comes to upgrading with Aspect's Dreaming Crest, you should immediately upgrade your weapon (you can also skip this craft if you get a very early Mythic weapon drop). After that, the priority is Adaptive Dracothyst Armguards and then your off-piece.
Enhancement Shaman Crafting Details
Embellishments either come set on items as standard or can be added with an optional reagent when crafting the piece. These provide additional bonuses (and in some cases quite large ones) but are limited to two. Due to there being so many options, here we explain in detail the ones available that are worth considering:
- Adaptive Dracothyst Armguards - a strong all-round performer, coming with good uptime on both sides of the buff, which can be activated simultaneously. Its main issue is clashing with the Engineering bracers for those who want to make use of them.
- Shadowflame-Tempered Armor Patch - the strongest single-target single embellishment that can be paired with the above bracers. While not very good in AoE scenarios; other options are harder to get full value out of.
- Blue Silken Lining* - in AoE situations this is one of the strongest options in theory, but realistically keeping yourself above 90% throughout an encounter when we struggle to survive to begin with is a big ask.
- Elemental Lariat - provides an additional secondary proc dependent on your current gem setup. This is an ideal second embellishment, but requires 6+ gem slots to compete, which is very hard to come by early in the season. Consider crafting later.
- Alchemical Flavor Pocket* - this does not require an Embellishment slot, and as such, it is worth using to avoid losing your Well Fed buff should you die.
- Fang Adornments - (Weapon only) adds a single-target damage proc. These are an option very early on if you craft a weapon first and can be replaced after you get new sparks.
- Undulating Sporecloak - While Patch 10.2 added Versatility while above the health threshold, unfortunately, the nerf just before patch launch killed its momentum. While this has some small defensive benefits, it is not nearly as potent as before and is harder to recommend outside of key pushing.
- Infurious Boots of Reprieve - These were strong in Season 2 due to the synergy with the set bonus follow-up after Sundering. With that bonus going away, the strength of these goes down, and are no longer worth considering.
- Horizon Strider's Set - While a good effect, we hit Haste diminishing returns too quickly in Season 3, and since this costs two Embellishments, is no longer worth it in Season 3.
- Acidic Hailstone Treads - while these do technically sim well and perform in single-target, the downside of losing 10-20% movement speed when using a Toxified Armor Patch is significant, which can (and likely will) get you killed. Craft at your own risk.
Engineering Specialty Pieces
A specialty item worth looking at, especially for Mythic+, is the Engineering pieces. The Head ( Oscillating Wilderness Opticals) requires Engineering as your profession, while the Bracers ( Complicated Cuffs) can be used by anyone and either allow you to use the Tinker: Arclight Vital Correctors giving you access to a Combat res, which can be game-changing. The only real downside is that it clashes with our strongest embellishment in Adaptive Dracothyst Armguards, so is harder to slot in the Season 3 gear set.
If using these, they also come entirely with one stat, meaning you should craft them with either the Meticulously-Tuned Gear for Mastery, or the Rapidly Ticking Gear for Haste. Non-engineers should also fit this with a Critical Failure Prevention Unit, while Engineers should use the Calibrated Safety Switch.
Trinkets for Enhancement Shaman in Season 3
There are a number of strong options available for Enhancement in Season 3 coming from a variety of different sources. Key ones to look for in order of strength are:
|Cataclysmic Signet Brand||Deals extremely high single-target damage but takes up to 3 minutes to fully ramp up. While the backlash damage is quite high, surviving through it is fine and definitely worth it. In Mythic+, on the other hand, the unreliability of maintaining it between pulls makes it more niche.|
|Pip's Emerald Friendship Badge||Great all-rounder trinket that provides both passive stats and short extra bursts with a solid proc rate. One of our top two trinkets, providing solid increases to both single-target and AoE, and the high uptime works well with our more consistent damage profile.|
|Porcelain Crab||Very consistent Mastery proc with some free Avoidance added in. Extremely good passive option that provides our ideal stat, working well both in single-target and AoE. With a 40% uptime and some extra defense on top, this is excellent for Mythic+.|
|Witherbark's Branch||Grants a huge amount of Mastery when used, requiring a small mini-game of collecting orbs. These orbs stack, and it refreshes the buff with each orb collected, meaning you can either collect them all quickly or play to extend them. Enhancement can deal extremely good burst AoE with this, but due to the less explosive burst cooldowns it has, it does not leverage the short duration well, so should try to stagger it as much as possible.|
|Coiled Serpent Idol||Deals solid damage and has a failsafe for AoE if your target dies. Competes with other strong direct damage trinkets in single-target, but has some issues with AI and range on the procs that can limit its power.|
Trinket Simulations for Enhancement Shaman
These are generic simulations from Bloodmallet, giving you a rough overview of strong Enhancement Shaman Trinkets. It is not a replacement for simming yourself, but can still offer a quick reference point.
Check out the BiS Lists if you just want to know the best Trinkets from M+ and Raid.
BiS Trinkets for Enhancement Shaman
Best Raiding & Single-Target Trinkets for Enhancement Shaman
Best Mythic+ & AoE Trinkets for Enhancement Shaman
- 07 Nov. 2023: Updated to remove Sporecloak recommendation, switched Dracothyst/Shadowflame.
- 06 Nov. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.2.
- 04 Sep. 2023: Restructured for Patch 10.1.7, information remains the same.
- 20 Jul. 2023: Added Sporecloak to crafts for high Mythic+.
- 12 Jul. 2023: Increased value for Accelerating Sandglass due to patch release update.
- 10 Jul. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.1.5 adding Dawn of the Infinite gear and cleaning up Crafting section.
- 25 May 2023: Added section on Cataclysm Timewalking.
- 09 May 2023: Updated to adjust for trinket changes.
- 01 May 2023: Updated for Patch 10.1 and Season 2 release with new gear recommendations.
- 24 Mar. 2023: Updated for Primordial Gemstones hotfixes.
- 20 Mar. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.0.7 with Onyx Annulet recommendations.
- 24 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 28 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight launch.
- 25 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- Liquid World 2nd Fyrakk Mythic Kill and Amirdrassil 9/9
- Fyr'alath Legendary Axe Revealed After Mythic Fyrakk Kill
- Echo Claim the Fyrakk Mythic World First and Win the Amirdrassil RWF!
- Liquid Grab Their Own 1% Wipe, 0.09% Better Than Echo's!
- Insane 1% Wipe From Echo on Fyrakk
- The Most Popular Specializations for Mythic+ in Dragonflight Season 3 Week 2
- Mythic+ Affix Rotation for Dragonflight Season 3
- New Explorer's Cosmetic Weapons Coming in Patch 10.2.5