Enhancement Shaman DPS Gear and Best in Slot — Dragonflight 10.0.7
On this page, you will find the best gear and best in slot items for your Enhancement Shaman in World of Warcraft Dragonflight 10.0.7.
If you were looking for WotLK Classic content, please refer to our WotLK Classic Enhancement Shaman gear and best in slot.
Gearing an Enhancement Shaman
Welcome to our Gearing Page for Enhancement Shaman, where we cover everything you need to know about your character's gearing process.
Enhancement generally aims for the highest item level pieces available, aiming for a mixture of Mastery and Haste on gear pieces, with some deviations depending on build. The only items that tend not to follow the item level rule is Jewelry, as these have no Agility. Thus power is weighted more toward ideal secondary stats. Visit our Stats page for more details.
The Importance of "Simming Yourself" as a Enhancement Shaman
With the number of variables in the game, a universal "BiS" list is no longer realistic to produce. The amount of things that impact whether an item is good in different situations is too vast. As such, here we will just be recommending key items that are unique in their power and are difficult (if not impossible) to replace.
For simple gear decisions and item comparisons, we recommend using Raidbots to generate bespoke simulations for your character. If you are unfamiliar with using the tool or need some additional information, you can use our Raidbots Guide to get started.
While we heavily recommend simming your character, we also have a Simulations page for more general questions provided by Bloodmallet.
Enchants and Sockets
If you have a new piece of gear that contains prismatic sockets or is eligible to be enchanted, you can find everything you need to pick the best one for the job on our dedicated enchants page below.
Onyx Annulet and Primordial Stones
Patch 10.0.7 introduces the Onyx Annulet, which can be socketed with up to 3 Primordial Gemstones that provide unique effects.
At current tuning, the Annulet, even equipped with ideal Gemstones is slightly worse than rings with appropriate stats as low as 415, so if you already have access to good jewelry this is not something to worry about. This is especially true if you are using the two raid rings Seal of Diurna's Chosen or Seal of Filial Duty, which are both more powerful even at heroic item level. This is true for both single-target and AoE scenarios, though this could change after patch release as testing was limited.
For more information on the best Primordial Gemstones to put in your Onyx Annulet, check out our Enchants and Gems page below.
To find out how to obtain the Onyx Annulet, and the Primordial Gemstones to use with it, check out our dedicated guide for it below.
Valor and Item Upgrades
In Season 1, Valor Points are a unique currency that allows you to upgrade gear from Mythic+ dungeons. For more information on the system, check our Valor page.
Generally, you should use Valor to bring up weaker items to a reasonable level, prioritizing high-impact slots such as Weapons and Trinkets that you do not expect to replace soon. To figure out your most significant upgrades, we recommend using the Raidbots Droptimizer to pick out things to target. The priority in upgrades, however, usually follows these rules:
- Weapons are often the most important thing to bring to the highest possible item level, as Weapon DPS provides the most amount of power.
- Trinkets will usually be second, especially those with effects that are considered unique or irreplaceable with alternatives.
- Following this, you should upgrade items you expect to be used for a long period - those with Haste/Mastery. The highest budget pieces are Helms, Chest, and Legs, but Tier pieces will likely replace these, so take that into account. Jewelry is also often a good source of upgrades for a low cost.
BiS Trinkets for Enhancement Shaman
Provided below is a chart of some of the highest-performing trinkets currently available, but we will discuss specific options underneath:
Unlike many other gear pieces, Trinkets are often more unique and come with effects that are significantly more impactful than a simple stat upgrade. While we still recommend simulating your character, these are some high-value Trinkets to be on the lookout for:
Best Raid Trinkets for Enhancement Shaman
- Whispering Incarnate Icon - Incredibly powerful, especially if other members of your raid are wearing this. Unfortunately, it is a rarer drop, so it might not be easy to get hold of.
- Manic Grieftorch - huge burst damage that gets more powerful if players are dying, giving it unique bonus power in certain situations. Excellent in single-target and holds up in AoE.
- Controlled Current Technique - Enhancement has a lot of auto-attack based procs, so this is powerful, working best as a passive trinket option, especially in single-target.
Other Trinkets from Vault of the Incarnates have downsides that are usually enough to make them not worth equipping:
- Spiteful Storm - While this can do excellent single-target damage in extended encounters (assuming you have full uptime on a target), it is too specialized without payoff compared to alternatives.
- Storm-Eater's Boon - This does excellent AoE damage; however, the cooldown is awkward, and the root (paired with not being able to cancel it) can cause unnecessary deaths. If you can plan around this the payoff is massive and is certainly worth it, but do not use this if you are not confident.
Best Dungeon Trinkets for Enhancement Shaman
While these options are a little more difficult to come by at a higher item level (relying a lot on the weekly Great Vault), there are some powerful choices:
- Algeth'ar Puzzle Box - On-demand Mastery we can layer with other cooldowns is extremely powerful, working well with any build and situation. The only downside is the cast time required to activate this, which can be awkward.
- Bottle of Spiraling Winds - While this is volatile, our cyclical damage means procs will usually overlap with something. Since we want to pair one on-use with a passive, this is a solid option for that.
- Windscar Whetstone - The downside of having no Agility is made up for with a large amount of on-demand damage that is easy to use, working both in AoE and single-target situations as the hits can generate stacks of Maelstrom Weapon.
- Gift of Radiance - Stat stick with our ideal stat, and an on use for additional single-target. While the budget is slightly lower, it pays off; the only issue is that you need to be traded this by someone who is a tank specialization.
- Hunger of the Pack - All around good stat stick. Even though we usually do not aim for Critical Strike, consistency is good.
- Windswept Pages - Universally good passive proc Trinket that works in all situations.
Enhancement Shaman Vault of the Incarnates Tier Set in Dragonflight Season 1
- Enhancement Shaman 2pc causes Stormstrike casts to increase the damage of your next direct Fire, Frost, or Nature spell by 10%, and generate a charge of Maelstrom Weapon.
- Enhancement Shaman 4pc causes your Maelstrom Weapon consuming spells to grant 1% Haste per stack consumed for 4 seconds.
Both of these bonuses are powerful for all situations. It further increases our Maelstrom Weapon generation and increases an incentive to spend efficiently. Getting the bonus should be one of your highest priorities when gearing.
The ideal piece to switch out in the set is the Legs due to them having the weakest stats and the lowest item level relative to others. These are generally replaced by Tassets of the Tarasek Legion or other similarly itemized pieces. Still, though, prioritize the bonus over ideal pieces early on.
BiS Rings and Necks for Enhancement Shaman
Because Jewelry has no Agility, it is often much more specific which items we want - secondaries tend to reign supreme over item level here. There are also, importantly, several rings that have unique effects granting them additional strength that is not part of their budget.
Some powerful pieces to look out for are:
- Seal of Filial Duty has perfect stats for us and has a free bonus of providing additional survivability we can consistently trigger due to how many Fire damage events we have. While this is a very rare item, it is worth grabbing if you can.
- Seal of Diurna's Chosen while this is the opposite of the above and has stats we do not want, the proc makes up for this as, once again, we have many methods of triggering it. However, it is weaker in AoE, so it is not universally locked in and is listed as very rare, so it might be hard to get hold of.
- Elemental Lariat is a necklace crafted by Jewelcrafting. Because the stats can be customized using Inscription missives, this can be made with perfect stats, and the proc is a good power gain. This is a recommended craft early one of your first two Sparks of Ingenuity.
- Jeweled Signet of Melandrus from Court of Stars has been changed since season 4, so it is not as powerful as it once was, but it is still a solid bonus. Unfortunately, it has Critical Strike, so it is more of a side grade to comparable item-level rings.
- Aside from this, the most important rule for Jewelry is to aim to have both Mastery and Haste on them if possible.
BiS Weapons for Enhancement Shaman
Even more than any other slot, weapons care the most about item level, as the most important part, as weapon DPS is the most valuable stat available. We do not have unique weapon effects, so look for the best possible option.
The highest item level weapon available for us is Fist of the Grand Summoner from Kurog Grimtotem within Vault of the Incarnates. You will likely want two of these, ideally.
Best Dungeons to Farm as a Enhancement Shaman
This list is a comprehensive list of dungeons that drop items that ideally have Haste or Mastery (ideally both whenever possible) for the slot. Slots that do not have any items that meet this criterion will have items that have at least one of these stats weighted highest. This list only includes those in the Mythic+ pool, as items of a regular Mythic value are significantly weaker in comparison.
|Halls of Valor (Mythic+ Only)||Helm, Neck, Cloak, Chest, Bracers, Boots, Ring, and Trinkets|
|Ruby Life Pools||Helm, Gloves, Cloak, and Weapon|
|Court of Stars (Mythic+ Only)||Bracers, Neck, Belt, Boots, Ring, and Trinket|
|The Azure Vault||Legs, Ring and Weapon|
|Temple of the Jade Serpent (Mythic+ Only)||Shoulders, Cloak, Gloves, and Trinket|
|The Nokhud Offensive||Neck, Bracers, Boots, and Trinket|
|Algeth'ar Academy||Shoulders, Trinket|
|Shadowmoon Burial Grounds (Mythic+ Only)||Chest, Bracers, and Boots|
Best Crafted items for Enhancement Shaman
Currently, the most potent crafted items require a Spark of Ingenuity, which you are granted 5 of from completing the Level 70 Campaign, and then random drops from content after. Selecting which items you craft with these is more important, as you can empower them up to the Mythic item level. Your priorities are as follows:
- A Main-hand weapon if you do not get one from Mythic+ or early raid kills, as this will always yield the highest performance gain.
- The Elemental Lariat neck with Haste/Mastery on.
- A ring with Haste/Mastery on and/or Venom-Steeped Stompers.
- An off-hand if you already have a main hand.
- Your tier off-piece.
- Off-pieces such as Boots, Bracers, Belt, and Cloak.
The reason these are recommended in this order is due to them being the most contested items and also not always having access to well-itemized equivalents. Also, while traditionally, Helms, Chests, and Legs are the highest budget, they are extremely likely to be replaced by Tier pieces which effectively wastes the spark - the same goes for the lower budget items in Shoulders and Gloves. Because it is a finite resource, crafting to fill these gaps with such a valuable resource is not advised.
All of these should, whenever possible, use a Draconic Missive of the Feverflare to guarantee Haste and Mastery if you can find a crafter specialized in the armor type.
Engineering Specialty Pieces
Another specialty item worth looking at, especially for Mythic+, is the Engineering pieces. The Head ( Oscillating Wilderness Opticals) requires Engineering as your profession, while the Bracers ( Complicated Cuffs) can be used by anyone and either allow you to use the Tinker: Arclight Vital Correctors giving you access to a Combat res, which can be game-changing.
These items also come entirely with one stat, meaning you should craft them with either the Meticulously-Tuned Gear for Mastery, or the Rapidly Ticking Gear for Haste. Non-engineers should also fit this with a Critical Failure Prevention Unit, while Engineers should use the Calibrated Safety Switch.
Best Embellishments for Enhancement Shaman
Very experienced crafters can attach optional Embellishment reagents to some items, adding a bonus effect with a limit of two. These are often minor optimizations but do add some power to your craft. Some are limited to which slot you can use them in, and if an item already has a unique effect (such as Venom-Steeped Stompers), it cannot have another.
Unique effects that are worth considering to fill up this budget are as follows:
- Elemental Lariat - grants a proc based on your equipped gem element types, which for us will give either Haste or Mastery depending on which element of gem we are using.
- Venom-Steeped Stompers - the upside is worth the downside here as it will usually sacrifice a stat we do not care about for even more Haste or Mastery. Unfortunately, these are poorly itemized, and you cannot change that, but it is still a good piece.
- Bronzed Grip Wrappings - (Weapon only) adds a single-target damage proc from spells and tends to be the best optional addition if using a weapon.
- Fang Adornments - (Weapon only) adds a small single-target damage proc. It is tuned quite poorly but is still free damage.
- Potion Absorption Inhibitor - adds 15 seconds to Potion uses. A minor gain but still useful for burn windows during Bloodlust.
- Blue Silken Lining - grants roughly 2 and a half gem slots worth of Mastery so long as you remain above 90% Health. This is, in theory, the best option, but the uptime, in reality, is so low that it is not advised.
- Alchemical Flavor Pocket* - currently this does not require an Embellishment slot, and as such, it is worth using to avoid losing your Well Fed buff should you die.
The Horizon Strider's Garments set, while good, granting a large amount of Consistent Haste, costs two Sparks and both of your Embellishment slots (blocking the use of other single items that are powerful) and clashing with tier pieces. While it is a good pick and is a solid bonus, the inflexibility means it is not recommended for early crafts.
Best Professions for Enhancement Shaman
No professions significantly boost your performance, so your decision should not rest on optimizing for number gains. There are, however, some minor benefits to being Alchemy, as this will extend the duration of expensive flasks and cause combat and healing potions to provide bonus healing/movement speed when consumed. While not game-breaking is a free benefit.
Engineering also comes with the added benefit of allowing you to specialize in reducing the chance for Tinker malfunctions. Using the Tinker: Arclight Vital Correctors in a crafted piece can be helpful in a pinch, as catastrophic malfunctions can be disastrous.
Other than this, your best option is picking a profession with a track that leads to gear you find desirable - Blacksmithing for weapons and Leatherworking for gear pieces are common choices. While they have no direct power gains, having the option to craft your gear is helpful and can save a lot of money in the long run.
- 20 Mar. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.0.7 with Onyx Annulet recommendations.
- 24 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 28 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight launch.
- 25 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
More Shaman Guides
Guides from Other Classes
- Everything You Need to Know About Forbidden Reach Catch-Up Gear in Patch 10.0.7
- Dracthyr Racial Mounts Available for Everyone to Purchase in Patch 10.0.7
- Turbulent Timeways Timewalking Event Starts March 29th
- Save 30% on Select Game Services Through April 3rd
- Dragonflight DPS Log Rankings for Vault of the Incarnates, Week 14
- The Forbidden Reach Dragon Glyphs Guide (Exact Locations with TomTom Coords)
- The Most Popular Specializations for Mythic+ in Dragonflight Season 1 (Week 14)
- Bakar Dog Mounts in Patch 10.0.7 Still Remain Shrouded in Mystery