Enhancement Shaman DPS Gear and Best in Slot — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3
On this page, you will find the best gear and best in slot items for your Enhancement Shaman in World of Warcraft Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3.
If you were looking for WoW Classic content, please refer to our Classic Enhancement Shaman DPS gear and best in slot.
The Importance of "Simming Yourself" as a Enhancement Shaman
At this stage in the game, there are so many variables and so many layers of optimization that you can apply to your character, that there is no way for a guide or anything else to tell you exactly what gear you should wear. This is why we always recommend simulating your own character using Raidbots. The website can help you choose set bonuses, Azerite traits, trinkets and combinations thereof in a way that is tailored completely to your specific character. Learning to use this tool is essential to maximizing your potential, as there is simply no other way to take all the variables into account.
What Gear Do I Farm/Bonus Roll/Chase After?
When identifying what gear you should be aiming after, we recommend using RaidBots' Droptimizer feature. It requires the SimulationCraft Addon. Once you have the addon installed, write "/simc" into the chat in-game, and copy-pasting the contents into the RaidBots Droptimizer.
Simply select the raid and difficulty you are interested in, and RaidBots will take a while to figure out where you should spend your bonus rolls, and more.
Corruptions and Corrupted Items
For more information about the best Corruptions and corrupted items you can get, please refer to our dedicated page.
Weekly Mythic+ Chest
You should be completing at least one keystone at a high item level each week to make use of the weekly chest. Each week you will receive one piece of loot, and a fixed amount of Titan Residuum. The highest keystone you complete (up to a maximum of 15) will determine the final reward.
|Mythic+ Level||Loot iLvl - End of Dungeon||Loot iLvl - Weekly Chest||# of Loot - End of Dungeon||Titan Residuum in Weekly Chest|
There are a number of Rings that can be paired together to create a unique proc effect as long as you have one of each equipped. The "Logic Loop" rings will drop from the fourth boss, the HK-8 Aerial Oppression Unit found within the Junkyard in Mythic+. The "Bit Band" rings will drop from the seventh boss, the Machinist's Garden within the Workshop. Ideally, the combinations of rings you want to pair for Enhancement are:
There is also the Pocket-Sized Computation Device trinket provided from Mechagon island content, that can be filled with 3 different punchcards. Yellow provides Secondary stat combinations, Red provides unique damage procs or active abilities, and Blue provides separate utility effects. You will only be concerned with Red and Yellow for performance purposes.
The overall item level of the trinket is dictated by the combined item level of the Red and Yellow punchcards placed in the slots of the trinket. Red and Yellow punchcards come from a number of sources, including the Operation: Mechagon dungeon, some rares on the island, Reputation rewards, and the Pascal-K1N6 Junkyard Tinkering.
Ideally, you want to aim for a Yellow punchcard that provides high Haste of any variant, regardless of what other stat is present. For Red punchcards, currently the strongest option is Cyclotronic Blast, which gives an on-use single-target damage effect, but is interrupted by other ability casts. This is easy to access, as it is purchased for Gold when you reach revered with the Rustbolt Resistance. This provides a strong burst on use effect with the cast, even despite the downsides of pausing your rotation. Alternatively, you can acquire higher item level versions of Subroutine: Overclock or Subroutine: Recalibration.
Notable Trinkets and Weapons
Trinkets and weapons are the two largest DPS increases available to any class in the game outside of Azerite pieces. Getting good pieces to fill these slots early allows you to perform incredibly well.
There are a number of strong weapons for Enhancement Shaman, and note that they can all be used in either hand. Ideally you should be looking for Haste weapons, but there are also unique items such as:
These are both weapons with unique effects that have different strengths in different content if you used at a serviceable item level. However, in most cases you will be picking weapons based on item level.
Thanks to Bloodmallet.com, a comprehensive list of available trinkets for Enhancement are listed against each other below.
You can check through the Enhancement Azerite page to look through the values of different traits and target different items. There are ideal pieces available within Ny'alotha however that provide a great set of traits, and is also the only way of combining both Natural Harmony and Thunderaan's Fury on one piece. A quick recommendation of what to grab is the following:
|Helm||Helm of Actualized Visions|
|Shoulder||Dreamer's Unblinking Pauldrons|
|Chest||Last Vestige of Neltharion|
Recommended Ny'alotha Gear
This list only includes gear obtained within Ny'alotha, but the extra notes beneath have some extra points to consider. Due to this being the final tier, there are a lot of legacy gearing choices that are still relevant, so they are especially useful to consider as options. As always, using the Top Gear feature in Raidbots is recommended, to make sure you are making the right choice. All these selections are also not taking into account any Corruption you may have acquired on the pieces. Trinkets are not listed, as they are covered in the section above.
|Helm||Helm of Actualized Visions||Carapace of N'Zoth in Ny'alotha|
|Shoulder||Dreamer's Unblinking Pauldrons||Ra-den the Despoiled in Ny'alotha|
|Cloak||Ashjra'kamas, Shroud of Resolve||Legendary Cloak quest line|
|Chest||Last Vestige of Neltharion||N'Zoth the Corruptor in Ny'alotha|
|Wrists||Nightmarish Chain Shackles||The Hivemind in Ny'alotha|
|Gloves||Ebony Scaled Gauntlets||Wrathion, the Black Emperor in Ny'alotha|
|Belt||Watcher's Scheming Girdle||Carapace of N'Zoth in Ny'alotha|
|Legs||Spinebarb Legplates||Drest'agath in Ny'alotha|
|Boots||Greaves of the Twilight Drake||Vexiona in Ny'alotha|
|Ring #1||Ring of Cosmic Potential||N'Zoth the Corruptor in Ny'alotha|
|Ring #2||Ring of Collective Consciousness||The Hivemind in Ny'alotha|
|Weapons||Unguent Caress||Ra-den the Despoiled in Ny'alotha|
|Alternative||Warmace of Waking Nightmares||Shad'har the Insatiable in Ny'alotha|
Ideal Bosses to Coin
You should ideally be spending your Seal of Wartorn Fate on a combination of Ra-den the Despoiled, Carapace of N'Zoth and N'Zoth the Corruptor. This is to get hold of the very powerful Corrupted weapon available, and gain access to the higher item level Azerite from the final bosses with ideal trait options.
Other Noteworthy Pieces
While the above list focuses solely on the raid, there are also some very powerful alternatives that you may find uses for:
- Diver's Folly from The Eternal Palace is still likely to remain relevant as an AoE option in the off-hand. Having access to this in fights where it can be used is something to watch out for.
- Both Logic Loop of Division and Overclocking Bit Band, when paired together, are the ideal rings to make use of if you can acquire them from Mythic+. These will outdo raid options if at relatively similar item level, so also watch out for these if you can get hold of the set.
- While trinkets are not listed, bear in mind that both Ashvane's Razor Coral and Dribbling Inkpod are likely to remain relevant currently within Ny'alotha, due to how strong these individual items are.
- 24 Apr. 2020: Moved Corruption to a separate page.
- 25 Feb. 2020: Adjusted for some recent changes with performance on corruptions.
- 21 Jan. 2020: Updated with BiS from Ny'alotha, and some note tweaks for other notable pieces.
- 14 Jan. 2020: Updated with Corruption notes for Patch 8.3, and adjustments for Azerite. BiS will be updated soon.
- 14 Jul. 2019: Updated notes regarding Mechagon gear.
- 09 Jul. 2019: Reviewed and updated with Eternal Palace and Benthic items.
- 25 Jun. 2019: This page has been reviewed for the release of Patch 8.2 and no changes are necessary.
- 21 Jan. 2019: Updated for season 2 gear, updated item levels and recommended Azerite.
- 10 Dec. 2018: This page has been reviewed for Patch 8.1 and no changes are necessary.
- 12 Sep. 2018: Updated with gearing paths and Uldir item recommendations.
- 13 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- 22 Jul. 2018: Altered trinket section to indicate direct damage trinkets are performing better.
- Patch 8.3 Hotfixes: June 2nd
- Optional Crafting Reagents Update: June 2nd
- World First Mythic +28 Tol'Dagor Cleared in Time
- Dredwing Mounts in Shadowlands
- List of Corruption Effects on Sale Through June 5th
- Specific Vendor Corruptions Prediction Theories
- Patch 8.3 Hotfixes: June 1st
- Fist of Justice / Ineffable Truth Hotfix Cancelled