Enhancement Shaman DPS Gear and Best in Slot — Shadowlands 9.0.5
On this page, you will find the best gear and best in slot items for your Enhancement Shaman in World of Warcraft Shadowlands 9.0.5.
If you were looking for WoW Classic content, please refer to our Classic Enhancement Shaman DPS gear and best in slot.
Gearing a Enhancement Shaman
Welcome to our Gearing Page for Enhancement Shaman, where we cover everything you need to know about your character's gearing process.
If you have a new piece of gear that you need gems and enchants advice for, you can find everything you need on our dedicated page below.
The Importance of "Simming Yourself" as a Enhancement Shaman
At this stage in the game, there are so many variables and so many layers of optimization that you can apply to your character, that there is no way for a guide or anything else to tell you exactly what gear you should wear. This is why we always recommend simulating your own character using Raidbots. The website can help you choose set bonuses, Azerite traits, trinkets and combinations thereof in a way that is tailored completely to your specific character. Learning to use this tool is essential to maximizing your potential, as there is simply no other way to take all the variables into account.
The Droptimizer feature from Raidbots lets you identify which dungeons and Raid Bosses you should spend your Bonus Rolls on. It simulates all of the potential upgrades in a raid or a dungeon, and lists the bosses/dungeons by rank order of how much DPS you can expect to gain from bonus rolling on it. We have a guide for it that you can access using the link below.
Gearing Early in Shadowlands as an Enhancement Shaman
In Shadowlands Season 1, the majority of your gear will be coming from more focused activities such as Raiding, Mythic+, PvP, or your weekly Vault cache. However, you can still augment your choices with the following activities:
- Covenant Callings: these are daily emissary quests that can provide powerful gear pieces, and also grant Conduits when completed.
- Covenant Campaign: This will give you a full set of gear that can be upgraded with Anima up to 197, and when complete also gives a single 187 weapon token.
- The Maw: the Wrath of the Jailer events in The Maw have a chance to drop item level 183 gear once a week.
- Battlegrounds: you can exchange Honor points earned in PvP to upgrade PvP gear up to item level 197.
- Mythic dungeons: Regular Mythic dungeons can be done once per week with access to gear up to item level 184.
- Reputations: raising reputation with each zone's faction allows you to buy gear at Honored and Exalted.
While we heavily recommend simming yourself, you can find some of our general simulations on the dedicated page below.
Legendaries for Enhancement Shaman
For a more detailed explanation of Legendary picks worth looking at, and when you should consider crafting or using them, look at our dedicated Legendary page below:
Conduits for Enhancement Shaman
Best Potency Conduits for Enhancement Shaman
- Unruly Winds (from De Other Side)
- Magma Fist (from Sanguine Depths)
- Focused Lightning (from Spires of Ascension)
Best Endurance Conduits for Enhancement Shaman
For more details regarding each individual Conduit, you can look at our dedicated Covenant, Soulbind, and Conduits page linked below:
Trinket Notes for Enhancement Shaman
Due to how strong trinkets can sometimes be, and that they are not always easily accessible from Mythic+, raiding, and PvP sources, we recommend always using Raidbots' Top Gear to determine what your optimal trinkets are.
Bloodmallet.com also provides rankings for Shadowlands trinkets to give a general overview of relative power levels, and things to look out for:
Many people have a tendency to overthink the distribution of their secondary stats. An important thing to remember is that a higher quantity of stats is nearly always better than a better quality of stats. Because of this, wearing higher item level gear with worse stats tends to be better than lower item level gear with great stats. Keep this in mind when considering gear. For more stats information, please refer to our dedicated page.
Recommended Dungeon Gear for Enhancement Shaman
This is a recommended set of gear available exclusively from Dungeon drops. This excludes open world drops because of how random it can sometimes be to acquire them, so these serve as items to slot in whenever you can. Trinkets are not listed, as they are covered in the dedicated section above.
Note that as of Patch 9.0.5 these items can also be upgraded all the way up to 220 item level via the new Valor system, so if possible, hunting these items and upgrading them to fill any gaps in your gear is ideal.
|Helm||Nathrian Usurper's Mask||Halls of Atonement|
|Neck||Sin Stained Pendant||Halls of Atonement|
|Cloak||Drape of Twisted Loyalties||Spires of Ascension|
|Chest||Harness of Twisted Whims||De Other Side|
|Wrists||Fallen Paragon's Armguards||Spires of Ascension|
|Gloves||Grips of Overwhelming Beatings||Theater of Pain|
|Belt||Executor's Prideful Girdle||Sanguine Depths|
|Legs||Lichbone Legguards||The Necrotic Wake|
|Boots||Spatial Rift Striders||De Other Side|
|Ring #1||Stitchflesh's Misplaced Signet||The Necrotic Wake|
|Ring #2||Bloodoath Signet||Theater of Pain|
|Weapons||Stone General's Edge||Sanguine Depths|
|Alternative||Gorebound Predator's Gavel||Theater of Pain|
Recommended Castle Nathria for Enhancement Shaman
This section contains the best gear to look for in the Castle Nathria raid. It does not include anything from outside sources, so with some drops you have access to you might have better choices.
Note that the weapons come from Venerated Anima Spherules that are tokens. These provide different weapons depending on your covenant, but all require this token to purchase.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.0.5 with small note regarding Valor.
- 21 Jan. 2021: Updated item levels for rewards, removed trinket recommendations due to Bloodmallet support.
- 08 Dec. 2020: Updated with Castle Nathria gear.
- 24 Nov. 2020: Page updated for Shadowlands launch.
- 13 Oct. 2020: Page updated for the Shadowlands pre-patch.
- No Rating Requirements to Purchase Arena Gear from a Previous Season in Burning Crusade Classic
- World Boss for the Week of May 4 - Oranomonos
- Torghast Torment System Reworked in Patch 9.1
- Burning Crusade Classic Beta Updates: Arena Matchmaking, Title and Gear Changes
- Burning Crusade Classic Release Date? Brief Ad Popup On Battle Net Indicates June 1st
- Children's Week Is Here, May 3rd to May 10th
- Fun Fact: Turtle Polymorph Unique Sleep Interaction
- Castle Nathria 9.0.5 DPS Log Rankings and Analysis, Week 8: Shadow and Arcane Move Up at the Top