Enhancement Shaman DPS Gear and Best in Slot — Shadowlands 9.2.5
On this page, you will find the best gear and best in slot items for your Enhancement Shaman in World of Warcraft Shadowlands 9.2.5.
If you were looking for TBC Classic content, please refer to our TBC Classic Enhancement Shaman gear and best in slot.
Gearing a Enhancement Shaman
Welcome to our Gearing Page for Enhancement Shaman, where we cover everything you need to know about your character's gearing process.
If you have a new piece of gear that you need gems and enchants advice for, you can find everything you need on our dedicated page below.
The Importance of "Simming Yourself" as a Enhancement Shaman
At this stage in the game, there are so many variables and so many layers of optimization that you can apply to your character, that there is no way for a guide or anything else to tell you exactly what gear you should wear. This is why we always recommend simulating your own character using Raidbots. The website can help you choose set bonuses, Azerite traits, trinkets and combinations thereof in a way that is tailored completely to your specific character. Learning to use this tool is essential to maximizing your potential, as there is simply no other way to take all the variables into account.
The Droptimizer feature from Raidbots lets you identify which dungeons and Raid Bosses you should spend your Bonus Rolls on. It simulates all of the potential upgrades in a raid or a dungeon, and lists the bosses/dungeons by rank order of how much DPS you can expect to gain from bonus rolling on it. We have a guide for it that you can access using the link below.
While we heavily recommend simming yourself, you can find some of our general simulations on the dedicated page below.
Legendaries for Enhancement Shaman
Enhancement is quite reliant on Legendaries to define the builds used, therefore having at least two is quite important. What you pick is strongly dictated by the type of damage profile you are looking for, and also decides a lot of the other options you make:
- Single-target — Witch Doctor's Wolf Bones.
- Funnal/Multi-target — Primal Lava Actuators.
- Burst and Uncapped AoE — Doom Winds.
For a more detailed explanation of Legendary picks worth looking at, and when you should consider crafting or using them, look at our dedicated Legendary page below:
Conduits for Enhancement Shaman
Best Potency Conduits for Enhancement Shaman
- Focused Lightning
- Elysian Dirge (Kyrian), Tumbling Waves (Necrolord), Essential Extraction (Night Fae) or Lavish Harvest (Venthyr AoE)
- Magma Fist (with Hot Hand), Unruly Winds (with Doom Winds), Chilled to the Core (with neither).
Best Endurance Conduits for Enhancement Shaman
For more details regarding each individual Conduit, you can look at our dedicated Covenant, Soulbind, and Conduits page linked below:
Trinket Notes for Enhancement Shaman
Due to how strong trinkets can sometimes be, and that they are not always easily accessible from Mythic+, raiding, and PvP sources, we recommend always using Raidbots' Top Gear to determine what your optimal trinkets are.
Bloodmallet.com also provides rankings for Shadowlands trinkets to give a general overview of relative power levels, and things to look out for:
Many people have a tendency to overthink the distribution of their secondary stats. An important thing to remember is that a higher quantity of stats is nearly always better than a better quality of stats. Because of this, wearing higher item level gear with worse stats tends to be better than lower item level gear with great stats. Keep this in mind when considering gear. For more stats information, please refer to our dedicated page.
Tier 28 Set Bonus
Patch 9.2 adds in two- and four-piece set bonuses available for all specializations, adding in effects built around class mechanics when equipped. The Enhancement effects are as follows:
- Enhancement Shaman 2-Piece — Spending Maelstrom Weapon has a 3% per charge to summon a single Feral Spirit for 9 seconds.
- Enhancement Shaman 4-Piece — Your Feral Spirit's attacks have a 20% chance to trigger the Stormbringer effect.
This can be obtained from bosses within the Sepulcher of the First Ones and the Great Vault. First and foremost you should aim to activate the four piece bonus, but the weakest piece is the Helm, so if you have the choice this is the one to avoid. You can find more details on our Rotation page covering the impact of the bonuses for Enhancement:
These pieces can also be accessed outside of the regular drop sources through the new Creation Catalyst system, which will become active roughly 8 weeks after the patch launches. This allows you to use resources gathered on Zereth Mortis to convert items that share slots with Tier pieces into Tier, enabling the set bonus requirements.
Recommended Dungeon Gear for Enhancement Shaman
This is a recommended set of gear available exclusively from Dungeon drops. This excludes open world drops because of how random it can sometimes be to acquire them, so these serve as items to slot in whenever you can. Trinkets are not listed, as they are covered in the dedicated section above.
Recommended Sepulcher of the First Ones Gear for Enhancement Shaman
This section contains the best gear to look for in the Sepulcher of the First Ones raid. It does not include anything from outside sources, so with some drops you have access to you might have better choices.
- 31 May 2022: Page reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 21 Feb. 2022: Updated for Patch 9.2.
- 01 Nov. 2021: Checked for Patch 9.1.5, small touch ups regarding Domination Shards.
- 29 Jun. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.0.5 with small note regarding Valor.
- 21 Jan. 2021: Updated item levels for rewards, removed trinket recommendations due to Bloodmallet support.
- 08 Dec. 2020: Updated with Castle Nathria gear.
- 24 Nov. 2020: Page updated for Shadowlands launch.
- 13 Oct. 2020: Page updated for the Shadowlands pre-patch.
- Alliance Sepulcher Mythic Hall of Fame Closing this Week
- Sepulcher of the First Ones 9.2.5 Mythic DPS, Tank and Healer Log Rankings, Week 5: Affliction Is Back
- How to Receive Different Weapons from Zereth Mortis World and Daily Quests
- Very Solid Ocean Near Stormwind Defeats Player
- Impressive Stormwind Recreation in Minecraft (Video)
- Idol of Y'Shaarj Shadow Priest Talent Explained
- Upcoming Sepulcher of the First Ones Raid Tuning: July 5th
- A Preview of Priest Talent Trees in Dragonflight