Enhancement Shaman DPS Easy Mode — Dragonflight 10.2
On this page, we explain how to easily play Enhancement Shaman in World of Warcraft — Dragonflight 10.2, using the simplest rotation, talent tree, stat priority, gear setup, etc., without sacrificing performance.
This section is intended for players who are new to the game or class, have no intentions of raiding Mythic difficulty, or want a more straightforward way to play their specialization without being overwhelmed by the numerous priorities and active abilities that need to be taken into consideration for optimal play.
The Basics for Enhancement Shaman
Enhancement relies on you using your different rotational ability cooldowns to ensure you are filling as many Global Cooldowns as possible with damaging abilities. This makes your rotation quite hectic, as you will be juggling multiple different cooldowns all at once, alongside dealing with Stormbringer and Maelstrom Weapon procs as and when they occur.
The core gameplay loop involves making sure that you keep your abilities on cooldown as often as possible while weaving in casts of powerful Maelstrom Weapon spenders such as Lightning Bolt (while making sure not to waste any stacks by going over 10). Most of our strong spells are empowered and made instant whenever you have at least 5 stacks of this effect available to spend.
If you are completely new to Enhancement or want a run down on the new Dragonflight abilities, you can check out our Spell Summary page.
Best Enhancement Shaman Talent Build for Beginners
In Dragonflight, Enhancement has a wide array of talent builds and choices that can be very overwhelming at first glance. Some of these are more complex to adjust to early on and have higher asks of you as a player. Although each build is optimal for certain situations and are more specialized, here we present the most beginner-friendly option that is both plug-and-play and very flexible for different content.
Remember that you can easily import the talent tree below into the game with either of the two "Copy Export String" buttons.
Due to some changes in Season 3 in terms of build flexibility, I have changed the recommended choice to an Elementalist variant, as the ease of execution is going down for Storm in AoE. This build should suit the broadest amount of content while getting you used to some of the most powerful tools in more advanced builds. Due to this being less specialized, it will fall behind in some encounters, but it simplifies some of the hardest parts of a fairly complex build.
Should you wish to learn more and pick a more tailored build that specializes in a particular damage profile to get the most out of Enhancement, though, we recommend our dedicated talents page:
Enhancement Shaman Stat Priorities
The most versatile Enhancement stat priority when using this build is as follows when using this build.
- Critical Strike
Enhancement, like most classes, wants to get as much primary stat as possible, which in our case is Agility. Following that, Mastery provides the most benefit to this build, with Haste a little behind it. With some builds, these two flip, but no matter what, these two stats are what you want to aim for whenever possible.
In most cases, we aim to keep our Beginner pages aligned with our Stats pages. Still, in cases where additional nuance is required for different priorities, we cover that on our full stats page.
If you want more information about what gear to look out for when playing, you can also check our Gear page linked below.
Enhancement Shaman Beginner Rotation
For a better understanding of what all of the abilities mentioned here do and how they impact your performance, along with many more not covered below, it is highly recommended to glance at the Spell List/Glossary page linked just below.
All Enhancement builds operate on a priority list with varying degrees of complexity based on which talents are taken. This aims to remove some of the most difficult picks, but it is hard to eliminate them entirely in Season 3. This should give you the best onboarding experience to our most powerful build as well, with a basic priority to get started being:
- Drop Windfury Totem if it is not active.
- Cast Primordial Wave.
- Apply Flame Shock if it is missing from your target.
- Cast Feral Spirit.
- Cast Lava Lash with Hot Hand active, or to spread Flame Shock in AoE.
- Cast Lightning Bolt with 5+ Maelstrom Weapon and the Primordial Wave buff.
- Cast Elemental Blast with 5+ Maelstrom Weapon (3 or less targets).
- Cast Lightning Bolt / Chain Lightning (2+ targets) with 10 Maelstrom Weapon.
- Maintain the Crash Lightning buff if 2 or more targets are active.
- Cast Ice Strike.
- Cast Frost Shock with Hailstorm active.
- Cast Lava Lash.
- Cast Stormstrike.
- Cast Crash Lightning.
- Fill with Flame Shock / Frost Shock.
While this is more complex than Storm builds, it has a much more rounded damage style that can work regardless of content. It does contain some of the complex Maelstrom Weapon and buff management elements, but it eases off on the most difficult components while keeping a solid core for both single target and AoE. If you still find yourself struggling or want to dive even deeper with more complex builds, you can learn more on our dedicated Rotation page:
- 06 Nov. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.2.
- 04 Sep. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.7, no changes necessary.
- 10 Jul. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.5.
- 10 May 2023: Updated to add an even simpler build for beginners that remains competitive.
- 01 May 2023: Updated for Patch 10.1 with a more beginner friendly build, and revised starter rotation.
- 20 Mar. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.7.
- 24 Jan. 2023: Reviewed and Updated for Patch 10.0.5.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Reviewed for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 28 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight launch.
- 25 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- Classic Community Council Chat: December 8th
- Ashenvale PvP Event Bug Being Worked On
- New Night Elf Child Model Added in Patch 10.2.5
- Updated Map of Amirdrassil on the 10.2.5 PTR
- Dark Ranger General's (Sylvanas) Transmog Set in Patch 10.2.5
- Bel'ameth is A Neutral City in Patch 10.2.5
- Patch 10.2.5 Development Notes: December 8th
- Shadowfang Keep Soloed By Metamorphosis Warlock in Season of Discovery