Enhancement Shaman DPS Easy Mode — Shadowlands 9.1
On this page, we explain how to easily play Enhancement Shaman in World of Warcraft — Shadowlands 9.1, using the simplest rotation, talent tree, stat priority, gear setup, etc., without sacrificing performance.
This section is intended for players who are new to the game or class, have no intentions of raiding Mythic difficulty, or simply want a more straightforward way to play their specialization without being overwhelmed by the numerous priorities and active abilities that need to be taken into consideration for optimal play.
The Basics for Enhancement Shaman
Enhancement relies on you making use of your different rotational ability cooldowns to make sure you are filling as many Global Cooldowns as possible with damage events. This makes your rotation quite hectic, as you will be juggling different cooldowns all at once, alongside dealing with Stormbringer and Maelstrom Weapon procs that come in.
The core concept is to make sure that you keep Stormstrike, Lava Lash, Crash Lightning, and Frost Shock/ Flame Shock on cooldown and make use of every Global Cooldown you can. You should also be weaving in casts of Lightning Bolt/ Chain Lightning whenever your Maelstrom Weapon stacks allow (making sure not to waste any by going over 10), as they are made instant whenever you have 5 available.
If you are completely new to Enhancement, or want a run down on the new Shadowlands abilities, you can check out our Spell Summary page.
Covenant Choice for Enhancement Shaman
For Enhancement, all but Necrolord are extremely close together and so long as you avoid that, you should be fine. With that said, a recommendation for an easy to pick up option that is flexible in most scenarios is still Venthyr, with an easy-to-manage ability in Chain Harvest and simple boosts granted by Soulbinds.
Conduit Choice for Enhancement Shaman
Best Potency Conduits for Enhancement Shaman
Best Endurance Conduits for Enhancement Shaman
For more info regarding what Soulbind and Conduits to pick for what situation, check our full Covenants, Soulbinds & Conduits page.
Enhancement Shaman Talent Choices
In Shadowlands, Enhancement has a few choices that are very focused on different damage types. Most of these are quite easy to incorporate in your rotation, but having the most flexible choice is usually the best when dealing with different content types. This build tries to reduce the execution requirement as much as possible, while still keeping high value talents selected:
- Level 15: Forceful Winds
- Level 25: Stormflurry
- Level 30: Spirit Wolf
- Level 35: Elemental Assault
- Level 40: Nature's Guardian
- Level 45: Sundering
- Level 50: Ascendance.
Some of these choices do compromise on performance for the sake of ease of use, and are focused on trying to open up the power of the spec in as many situations as possible. If you want a more in-depth breakdown of each talent and where to use them, check our dedicated talents page.
Enhancement Shaman Stat Priorities
The most versatile Enhancement stat priority when using this build is as follows when using this build.
- Critical Strike = Versatility;
Enhancement stats are mostly defined by Agility in Shadowlands, relying heavily on its high scaling. After that, Haste provides the biggest tangible increase to your ability casts and reduces downtime caused by cooldown clashes.
In most cases, we aim to keep our Easy Mode pages aligned with our Stats pages, but in cases where there is additional nuance required for different priorities, we cover that on our full stats page.
Legendary Choice for Enhancement Shaman
Enhancement can easily work with only one legendary choice for all fight styles, and as such you should aim to grab Doom Winds as soon as possible. This is slightly behind in single-target but far outweighs any alternative in AoE alongside being more burst oriented.
For more detailed explanations of legendaries, and some alternatives in different scenarios you can always refer to our dedicated legendary page.
If you are looking for more information about what gear to look out for when playing, you can also check our Gear page linked below.
Enhancement Shaman Basic Rotation
Enhancement operates on a priority list, but, in some cases, you will be casting things based on their place in the cooldown cycle, rather than if it deals the highest damage immediately.
- Cast Windfury Totem if not active.
- Cast Windstrike if Ascendance is active.
- Maintain Flame Shock against a single-target.
- Cast Lightning Bolt/ Chain Lightning (AoE) if at 8 stacks or more of Maelstrom Weapon.
- Cast Feral Spirit on cooldown for Maelstrom Weapon stacks.
- Cast Stormstrike on cooldown.
- Cast Lava Lash.
- Cast Crash Lightning (even in single target).
- Cast Frost Shock.
- Cast Sundering.
- Cast Lightning Bolt/ Chain Lightning (AoE) if at 5 stacks of Maelstrom Weapon and nothing else is ready.
This should provide a good springboard to get to grips with the basics of how to manage your cooldowns at its most basic level. There are some small optimizations that can be made (especially with talents involved) to improve your damage, and you can find that on the rotation page.
- 29 Jun. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for 9.0.5 — small shift on Sundering priority to align with main page.
- 18 Jan. 2021: Updated to align with talent updates.
- 24 Nov. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands launch.
- 13 Oct. 2020: Page updated for the Shadowlands pre-patch.
- A Different Kind of Letter from Activision Blizzard Executive Fran Townsend
- J. Allen Brack's Internal Email to Blizzard Employees
- Domination Socket Helper Addon
- Sanctum of Domination Mythic Race: The Top 5
- Patch 9.1 Hotfixes: July 22nd
- Activision Blizzard Lawsuit Alleges Sexual Harrasment, Discrimination and More
- Patch 9.1 Hotfixes: July 21st
- Classic Torghast: 0 Score and Getting Stuck With Anima Power