Holy Paladin Healing Macros and Addons — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3
On this page, you will find a number of useful macros and addons to make your life easier when playing your Holy Paladin in World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3.
Generic Macros for Paladins
Most of the macros for Paladins revolve around allowing you to use your utility spells on your mouseover target.
Blessing Mouseover Macros
- #showtooltip Blessing of Protection
- /cast [@mouseover] Blessing of Protection
- #showtooltip Blessing of Freedom
- /cast [@mouseover] Blessing of Freedom
These macros allow you to cast your various blessing spells on the target you are currently mousing over. Stopcasting is in place to ensure that you do not delay casting any of these spells due to a cast already in progress.
Lay on Hands Mouseover Macro
- #showtooltip Lay on Hands
- /cast [@mouseover] Lay on Hands
This macro will cast Lay on Hands on the target you are currently mousing over.
- #showtooltip Divine Shield
- /cast Divine Shield
This macro will stop your current spell cast and cast Divine Shield, ensuring that your invulnerability is not delayed at all.
Specific Macros for Holy Paladins
Beacon of Light Mouseover Macro
- #showtooltip Beacon of Light
- /cast [@mouseover,help,nodead]Beacon of Light
This macro will cast Beacon of Light on the target you are currently mousing over, if they are a friendly player and not dead. Otherwise, it will cast Beacon of Light on your current target.
Mouseover Cleanse Macro
- #showtooltip Cleanse
- /cast [@mouseover] Cleanse
This macro will cast Cleanse on the target you are currently mousing over.
Generic Addons for Paladins
Here, at Icy Veins, we use ElvUI for all our characters. This addon is a complete replacement of the default User Interface. It comes with almost everything you need to perform properly: action bars, cooldown timers, proc display, etc.
We strongly recommend that you get this addon and our forum moderator Pandacho has written a quick configuration guide for it.
Boss Mods: Deadly Boss Mods or Bigwigs
Boss mods are addons that warn you about boss abilities and give you live advice on how to handle some mechanics. We strongly recommend you to get one such addon. At Icy Veins, we mostly use Deadly Boss Mods, the most popular boss mod. A good alternative is Big Wigs.
GTFO is a lightweight addon that notifies you when you are standing in harmful effects or when you are making other such mistakes. It is very useful, even if your boss mod is already alerting you of such things.
Parrot or Mik's Scrolling Battle Text
Parrot and Mik's Scrolling Battle Text are highly customisable addons for displaying floating battle text while in combat (incoming heals, damage of your spells, etc.). They both work very well by default.
Recount / Skada / Details!
Recount is a well known addon that most people use for displaying current DPS or HPS (Healing Per Second). This add-on is not really lightweight, and provides a very high amount of information (and it can sometimes cause issues with performance). It is generally a good option to use Recount for checking what you take damage from and if the share of damage/healing you do with each of your abilities is similar to that of other players of your class.
An alternative to Recount (similar in function, so the choice is personal preference) is Details!.
A lightweight alternative to Recount and Details! is Skada Damage Meter.
Raeli's Spell Announcer
Raeli's Spell Announcer is an extremely useful addon that allows you to send announcements whenever you use certain spells. It is of particular use to announce when you use raid cooldowns or other important abilities.
Exorsus Raid Tools
Exorsus Raid Tools is a useful addon that allows you to track the cooldowns of other raid members, as well as providing you with a wealth of other useful raid information.
Vuhdo is a highly customizable alternative to mouseover macros and default raid frames that can provide greater functionality; such as allowing spells to be bound to mouse buttons, among other things.
WeakAuras is an extremely useful addon that allows you to have visual effects on your screen, helping you track your buffs, debuffs and cooldowns. It is highly customisable and it can make it much, much easier to keep track of your procs and play your spec more proficiently. It can also be used for a variety of other functions.
If you are looking for Holy Paladin specific Weak Auras Wago is an excellent place to start. It has many different Weak Auras created by experienced users that can track and display just about any information you might need.
- 14 Jan. 2020: This page has been reviewed for the release of Patch 8.3 and no changes are necessary.
- 24 Jun. 2019: This page has been reviewed for the release of Patch 8.2 and no changes are necessary.
- 14 Apr. 2019: This page has been reviewed and no changes are necessary for the release of the Crucible of Storms raid.
- 10 Dec. 2018: Added Vuhdo and links to Holy Paladin-specific Weak Auras.
- Encrypted Shadowlands Alpha Build 188.8.131.52411
- Patch 8.3 Hotfixes: February 19th
- WoW Shadowlands Alpha Added to Battle.net Catalog
- Ny'alotha Mythic WF Race, Conclusion: Top 10, N'Zoth Nerf, Limit Tank Goes to Method, Asia Upset and More
- WoW Classic "Not a Bug" List Update: February 19th
- Patch 8.3 and Classic Hotfixes: February 18th
- Burning Crusade Timewalking Event (February 18th - February 25th)
- UI API Change for UnitHealth
- Unholy Aoe Question
- Rustbolt Resistance
- Demonology Warlock 8.3
- Colossus Smash!?
- Protection Warrior 8.3
- Mage Leveling Guide