Holy Paladin Healing Gear and Best in Slot — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1
On this page, you will find the best gear and best in slot items for your Holy Paladin in World of Warcraft Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1.
1. Best in Slot List for Holy Paladins
While we do not currently believe a Best in Slot list is worth adding because the nature of the Titanforging mechanic makes it impossible, it is worth noting the stronger trinkets and Azerite armor pieces, so that you can try to obtain them at a high item level.
2. Trinkets for Holy Paladins
If you are an Alchemist, Eternal Alchemist Stone is at least as good as every other trinket of equal item level and you should attempt to craft one.
If you are not an Alchemist, the best trinkets you can easily obtain will be trinkets from the Battle of Dazar'alor raid. Three of them are essentially equal. They are:
If you are looking for a trinket from Mythic+, the best one available is Conch of Dark Whispers.
The only healing trinket not yet mentioned from Battle of Dazar'alor is the Incandescent Sliver. This trinket can be the best one available in specific situations, but because of your typical positioning in Melee range as a Holy Paladin and our reliance on Avenging Crusader you are much less likely to get the same benefit from it as many other healers can. It can be used, but it is more difficult and encounter specific than the others previously mentioned.
There are many trinkets that could be comparable to the ones listed above. That being said, you are unlikely to get a World Quest or World Boss trinket at an item level comparable to those from Mythic+ Dungeons, Heroic, or Mythic Raids.
3. Azerite Gear for Holy Paladins
As Azerite gear comes with set traits, we can identify the best Azerite gear for a given item level. Item level differences may still make pieces with inferior Azerite trait combinations better overall, but the ones below have the best Azerite trait combinations from dungeons, world quests, world bosses, and Uldir.
3.1. Azerite Helms
- Glaciercrest Helm from Jaina Proudmore in Battle of Dazar'alor.
- Crown of Bloody Succession from Opulence in Battle of Dazar'alor.
- Helm of Tempered Jadefrom Jadefire Masters in Battle of Dazar'alor.
3.2. Azerite Shoulders
- Ridgeplate Pauldrons from Conclave of the Chosen in Battle of Dazar'alor.
- Spaulders of the Gorilla King from Grong in Battle of Dazar'alor.
- Dyno-Sprocket Spaulders from High Tinker Mekkatourque in in Battle of Dazar'alor.
3.3. Azerite Chests
- Breastplate of the Deathbound from King Rastakhan in Battle of Dazar'alor.
- Breastplate of Divine Purification from Champion of the Light in Battle of Dazar'alor.
- Sea Swell Chestplate from Stormwall Blockade in Battle of Dazar'alor.
4. Comparing Azerite Pieces
If you are unsure whether a piece of Azerite armor is an upgrade for you, the Holy Paladin spreadsheet The Light and How to Swing It has a tab that will allow you to compare them directly for your character.
- 21 Jan. 2019: Updated for Battle for Dazar'alor release.
- 10 Dec. 2018: Updated for Patch 8.1.
- 11 Sep. 2018: Updated for recent hotfixes.
- 26 Aug. 2018: Added World Quest trinkets.
- 13 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- Patch 8.1 Hotfixes: January 23rd
- Limit Faction Transfer to Alliance for Ilevel 400 Gear
- 8.1.5 PTR Developer Notes: January 23rd
- Patch 8.1 Hotfixes: January 22nd + Clarifications
- Jaina Heroic World First Kill Video
- Battle of Dazar'alor Alliance Intro Cinematic
- Kul Tiran Humans & Zandalari Trolls Not Coming Today
- King Rastakhan Defeat Cinematic
- Fury Warrior 8.1
- Prot Warrior Rotation Documentation
- Frost Mage 8.1
- Help wit VuhDo
- Protection Warrior 8.1
- Restoration Druid 8.1
- Holy Paladin 8.1
- BfA Level 120 Battle Guide