How to Upgrade Mythic Dungeon Gear With Valor in Patch 9.1 (no9.1ne)
In this guide, you will learn how to upgrade Mythic+ gear using Valor Points in Patch 9.0.5.
What is Valor?
Valor is a currency used to upgrade Mythic Keystone Gear in Patch 9.0.5 and beyond.
Every piece of Mythic Dungeon Gear in Patch 9.0.5 is given a rank based on its Item Level, as you can see on the tooltip.
You can upgrade Mythic Dungeon Gear from Rank 1 (Item Level 210) all the way to Rank 12 (Item Level 246).
This also applies to the Great Vault loot. For example, if you receive a piece of gear that has Item Level 226 from the weekly chest, it will be of Rank 6 out of 12.
Gear That Can Be Upgraded With Valor
In this section, we highlight the types of gear you can upgrade with Valor in Patch 9.1.
- You can upgrade gear that drops from dungeons and end-of-dungeon chests.
- You can upgrade gear obtained from the Great Vault.
How Do I Earn Valor?
You can earn Valor from completing Mythic Keystone Dungeons and by doing Covenant Callings.
How Much Valor Can I Get from Covenant Callings?
- Rare Callings award 35 Valor.
- Epic Callings give 50 Valor.
How Much Valor Can I Get from Mythic Dungeons?
Completing a Mythic Dungeons regardless of Keystone level grants 135 Valor.
As an additional bonus to the group, if anyone in the group improves their rating on a run, everyone will earn bonus Valor Points, so do not be shy about helping others get a leg up while helping boost your own rating too.
Valor Upgrade Ranks and Requirements
Mythic +0 Dungeon Gear that starts at Item Level 210 (Rank 1) can be upgraded to Rank 6 (Item Level 226) without any requirements.
In the following table, you will find the requirements to upgrade dungeon gear with Valor in Chains of Domination.
|Rank||Item Level||Upgrade Requirements|
|7||229||600 Mythic+ Rating and Above <a href="//www.icy-veins.com/wow/mythic-scoring-system">Mythic+ Rating</a>|
|8||233||1,000 <a href="//www.icy-veins.com/wow/mythic-scoring-system">Mythic+ Rating</a>|
|9||236||1,200 <a href="//www.icy-veins.com/wow/mythic-scoring-system">Mythic+ Rating</a>|
|10||239||1,400 <a href="//www.icy-veins.com/wow/mythic-scoring-system">Mythic+ Rating</a>|
|11||242||1,700 <a href="//www.icy-veins.com/wow/mythic-scoring-system">Mythic+ Rating</a>|
|12||246||2,000 <a href="//www.icy-veins.com/wow/mythic-scoring-system">Mythic+ Rating</a>|
The Valor weekly caps will most likely remain unchanged in Patch 9.1.
You can have a maximum of 8,750 Valor, but the cap starts at 5,000 and increases by 750 every week following Patch 9.1 launch. Valor progress is account-wide and there are no weekly caps. We highlight the maximum Valor caps below.
- Week 1 Maximum Valor Cap: 5,000;
- Week 2 Maximum Valor Cap: 5,750;
- Week 3 Maximum Valor Cap: 6,500;
- Week 4 Maximum Valor Cap: 7,250;
- Week 5 Maximum Valor Cap: 8,750.
Where to Upgrade Gear with Valor
You can upgrade gear with Valor by talking to Aggressor Zo'dash, located in the Enclave of Oribos.
How Much Valor Will the Upgrades Cost?
Upgrade costs vary by item slot are consistent across all item levels.
|Armor Slots||Upgrade Cost|
|Off-Hands, Shields, Rings, Cloaks, Bracers, Necks||250 Valor per upgrade|
|Shoulders, Gloves, Trinkets, Boots, Belts||400 Valor per upgrade|
|Helms, Chests, Legs||475 Valor per upgrade|
|1-Handed Agility Weapons||500 Valor per upgrade|
|1-Handed Strength Weapons||500 Valor per upgrade|
|1-Handed Intellect Weapons||750 Valor per upgrade|
|2-Handed Weapons||1,000 Valor per upgrade|
Crafting Materials Purchasable with Valor
If you do not wish to upgrade Mythic Dungeon Gear, you can exchange Valor Points for various Crafting Materials in Oribos by talking to Ko'tul.
The broker offers the following items for sale:
- Shipment of Heavy Callous Hide for 750 Valor, which contains 10 Heavy Callous Hide.
- Shipment of Elethium Ore for 750 Valor. It contains 20 Elethium Ore.
- Shipment of Lightless Silk for 750 Valor. The bag contains 20 Lightless Silk.
Valor Conversion at the End of a Season
Every time a new Season starts in Shadowlands, Valor is converted to Gold. Therefore, we advise you to spend any remaining Valor on Shipment of Heavy Callous Hide, Shipment of Elethium Ore, and Shipment of Lightless Silk. Selling these items will give you more Gold than the conversion would give you.
- 28 Jun. 2021: Updated for Chains of Domination release.
- 10 May 2021: Updated with Crafting Materials purchasable with Valor.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.0.5 launch.
- 24 Feb. 2021: Renamed Valor Points into Valor.
- 21 Feb. 2021: Guide added.
- A New Tradition: Celebrate a Change of Seasons With a Tree Gathering
- Patch 9.1.5 Build 40290 Class Changes
- Burning Crusade Classic Hotfixes: September 23rd
- In Celebration Of Diablo 2: Resurrected, We're Discounting Our Premium Subscription
- Patch 9.1.5 PTR Notes: September 23rd
- Shadowlands 9.1 Season 2 Mythic+ DPS Log Rankings, Week 11
- Rogue Class Changes (Patch 9.1.5 Build 40290)
- Priest Class Changes (Patch 9.1.5 Build 40290)