Patch 9.1.5 Survival Guide (What's Coming in World of Warcraft Patch 9.1.5?)
The following guide covers everything we currently know about Patch 9.1.5, the second minor patch of the Shadowlands expansion.
- 1. When Will Patch 9.1.5 Release?
- 2. What to Expect in Patch 9.1.5?
- 3. Class Changes
- 4. Covenant Updates
- 5. New Character Customization Options
- 6. New Lightforged Draenei Customization Options
- 7. New Nightborne Customization Options
- 8. New Void Elf Hair Colors and Ear Size Options
- 9. Legion Timewalking
- 10. Solo Queue Option for Island Expeditions
- 11. Allied Race Unlocks
- 12. The Maw Intro Skip and Additional Travel Points in The Maw
- 13. Conduit Energy Removal
- 14. Remote Anima Turn-Ins
- 15. Transmogrification Linking
- 16. Alt Leveling Improvements
- 17. PvP Gear Changes
- 18. Legendary Item Recycling and Runecarving Recipes
- 19. Legacy Raid Tuning
- 20. Battle for Azeroth Legacy Loot Rules
When Will Patch 9.1.5 Release?
Patch 9.1.5 currently does not have a release date, but it should hit live servers this fall. Blizzard announced the content update will be available for playtesting starting the week of August 31.
What to Expect in Patch 9.1.5?
Patch 9.1.5 arrives with Legion Timewalking including Mythic+, improved Covenant swapping, Conduit Energy removal, Legendary Item recycling, new Allied Race customization options, alt Covenant Campaign skip, legacy raid tuning, new toys, mounts and Travel Forms, class changes, reporting improvements, and a solo queue option for Island Expeditions.
Blizzard is working on additional updates to a variety of class talents and abilities including Conduits, Runecarving Powers, and Covenant class abilities. Below, you will find a list of all class changes that went live so far on the 9.1.5 PTR. The pages are updated on a weekly basis with each PTR build.
If you reach maximum Renown with your Covenant, you can freely switch among any of the four Covenants without cooldown or restriction. Cosmetic rewards, including pets and mounts, will no longer be Covenant-locked, but available regardless of your membership to a different one.
New Character Customization Options
Patch 9.1.5 adds new character customization options for Nightborne and Lightforged Draenei along with additional updates to ear size options for Void Elves, new Travel Forms for Druids, and new Soulshapes for Night Fae.
New Lightforged Draenei Customization Options
Here is an in-development preview of the new Lightforged Draenei customization options.
New Nightborne Customization Options
Here are the new Nightborne customization options coming in Patch 9.1.5.
New Void Elf Hair Colors and Ear Size Options
Void Elves are getting 5 new hair colors and ear size options.
Delve back into Legion dungeons with Legion Timewalking and take on the challenges within, including access to Legion Mythic+ dungeons. This event will run for 2 weeks the first time it runs within the game and then will resume a regular one-week schedule for subsequent bonus events.
Solo Queue Option for Island Expeditions
Once 9.1.5 launches, you will be able to set sail on your expedition alone or with a party of up to 3 players.
Allied Race Unlocks
Allied races such as the Kul Tiran Humans, Mechagnomes, and Dark Iron Dwarves, which had a dungeon requirement to unlock them, will no longer need to complete the associated quest to gain access to these races. You will be able to skip it instead.
The Maw Intro Skip and Additional Travel Points in The Maw
Players who have completed the introduction in The Maw on one character can speak to Highlord Darion Mograine in the capital cities to skip it on their alts.
Additionally, you will be able to take advantage of new fast travel options from Ve'nari's Refuge to Perdition Hold and Desmotaeron within the Maw by unlocking access to them.
Conduit Energy Removal
Blizzard is completely removing the Conduit Energy system, allowing you to freely swap between Conduits in Patch 9.1.5.
Remote Anima Turn-Ins
Show off your complete transmog outfit to chat or online by easily sharing a link to it from the Dressing Room. Players can mouse over these items to see how they can be collected, if they have already collected the appearance, or if it is an appearance that is accessible to the character viewing it.
Alt Leveling Improvements
Alts are getting multiple improvements in Patch 9.1.5, including:
- A new rank of Heirloom upgrades.
- Threads of Fate improvements, such as the addition of Torghast as an option.
- Renown gains from completing bonus objectives.
PvP Gear Changes
Lower item level PvP gear will scale to a higher item level in PvP scenarios than before. This should reduce the power level gap so that new characters can feel that they are able to complete in Battlegrounds and Arenas more readily. This change will not affect high item level PvP gear.
Legendary Item Recycling and Runecarving Recipes
Old Legendaries can be recycled for materials in Patch 9.1.5.
Drop rates of Runecarving recipes will be increased to a 100% chance in any dungeon difficulty.
Legacy Raid Tuning
Legion raids will be made less difficult and easier to solo.
Battle for Azeroth Legacy Loot Rules
Legacy loot rules will be enabled for players at level 60 in all Battle for Azeroth raids and dungeons, causing encounters to drop the number of items as they would randomly drop for a 5-player dungeon party or 20-player raid.
- 07 Sep. 2021: Updated to include class changes.
- 28 Aug. 2021: Updated the guide based on the recent developer update.
- 24 Aug. 2021: Guide added.
- Monk Class Changes (Patch 9.1.5 Build 40196)
- Two In-Game Paintings Desexualized in Patch 9.1.5
- Demon Hunter Class Changes (Patch 9.1.5 Build 40196)
- Legendary Scrapping in Patch 9.1.5: How to Destroy Legendaries into Materials
- Death Knight Class Changes (Patch 9.1.5 Build 40196)
- A Preview of All New Druid Travel Forms Coming in Patch 9.1.5
- New 9.1.5 Highmountain Tauren Customizations
- Tempest Keep Classic Cleared World First by Salad Bakers in a Little Over an Hour