Patch 9.1.5 Survival Guide (What's Coming in World of Warcraft Patch 9.1.5?)
The following guide covers everything we currently know about Patch 9.1.5, the second minor patch of the Shadowlands expansion.
- 1. What to Expect in Patch 9.1.5?
- 2. When Will Patch 9.1.5 Release?
- 3. Official Patch 9.1.5 Patch Notes
- 4. Class Changes
- 5. Covenant Updates
- 6. Legion Timewalking
- 7. New Character Customization Options
- 8. New Lightforged Draenei Customization Options
- 9. New Nightborne Customization Options
- 10. New Void Elf Hair Colors and Ear Size Options
- 11. Solo Queue Option for Island Expeditions
- 12. Allied Race Unlocks
- 13. The Maw Intro Skip and Additional Travel Points in The Maw
- 14. The Death's Advance Reputation Farming Improvements
- 15. Conduit Energy Removal
- 16. Remote Anima Turn-Ins
- 17. Transmogrification Linking
- 18. Alt Leveling Improvements
- 19. PvP Gear Changes
- 20. Legendary Item Recycling and Runecarving Recipes
- 21. Legacy Raid Tuning
- 22. Battle for Azeroth Legacy Loot Rules
What to Expect in Patch 9.1.5?
Patch 9.1.5 arrives with Legion Timewalking including Mythic+, the Timewalking Mage Tower, free Covenant swapping, instant 40 Renown catch-up for alts, Conduit Energy removal, Legendary Item material refund, new Allied Race customization options, the The Maw intro skip, Legacy raid tuning, new toys, mounts and Travel Forms, class changes, reporting improvements, a solo queue option for Island Expeditions, and more.
When Will Patch 9.1.5 Release?
Patch 9.1.5 will go live on November 2, 2021 in the Americas and one day later on November 3, 2021 in Europe.
Official Patch 9.1.5 Patch Notes
You can read the full Patch 9.1.5 patch notes here.
Blizzard is working on additional updates to a variety of class talents and abilities including Conduits, Runecarving Powers, and Covenant class abilities. Below, you will find a list of all class changes that will go live in the latest patch.
If you reach 80 Renown with your Covenant, you can freely switch among any of the 4 Covenants without cooldown or restriction. Cosmetic rewards, including pets and mounts, will no longer be Covenant-locked, but available regardless of your membership to a different one.
You can instantly reach 40 Renown with your new Covenant on alternate characters in Patch 9.1.5, and more.
You will find more information about Covenant changes in our dedicated guide.
You will learn everything important about Legion Timewalking in our Legion Timewalking guide.
In our Mage Tower Hub, you will learn how to enter the Mage Tower and the rewards that you can unlock.
You will find more information about the Mage Tower challenges by visiting our dedicated spec guides linked below.
- "Closing the Eye" for Arms Warrior, Frost Death Knight, Havoc Demon Hunter, Survival Hunter, and Subtlety Rogue.
- "An Impossible Foe" for Elemental Shaman, Feral Druid, Fire Mage, Fury Warrior, Outlaw Rogue, and Unholy Death Knight.
- "The God-Queen's Fury" for Arcane Mage, Assassination Rogue, Demonology Warlock, Enhancement Shaman, and Retribution Paladin.
- "Feltotem's Fall" for Beast Mastery Hunter, Destruction Warlock, Discipline Priest, and Windwalker Monk.
- "The Highlord's Return" for Blood Death Knight, Brewmaster Monk, Guardian Druid, Protection Paladin, Protection Warrior, and Vengeance Demon Hunter.
- "End of the Risen Threat" for Holy Priest, Holy Paladin, Mistweaver Monk, Restoration Druid, and Restoration Shaman.
- "Thwarting the Twins" for Affliction Warlock, Balance Druid, Frost Mage, Marksmanship Hunter, and Shadow Priest.
New Character Customization Options
Patch 9.1.5 adds new character customization options for Nightborne and Lightforged Draenei along with additional updates to ear size options for Void Elves, new Travel Forms for Druids, and new Soulshapes for Night Fae.
New Lightforged Draenei Customization Options
Here is an in-development preview of the new Lightforged Draenei customization options.
New Nightborne Customization Options
Here are the new Nightborne customization options coming in Patch 9.1.5.
New Void Elf Hair Colors and Ear Size Options
Void Elves are getting 5 new hair colors and ear size options.
Solo Queue Option for Island Expeditions
Once 9.1.5 launches, you will be able to set sail on your expedition alone or with a party of up to 3 players. Being able to solo Island Expeditions allows you to farm various rewards, including mounts, battle pets, and cosmetic armor yourself. Check out our Island Expeditions guide to learn more about the Battle for Azeroth feature!
Allied Race Unlocks
Allied races such as the Kul Tiran Humans, Mechagnomes, and Dark Iron Dwarves, which had a dungeon requirement to unlock them, will no longer need to complete the associated quest to gain access to these races. You will be able to skip it instead.
The Maw Intro Skip and Additional Travel Points in The Maw
Players who have completed the introduction in The Maw on one character can speak to Highlord Darion Mograine in the capital cities to skip it on their alts.
Additionally, you will be able to take advantage of new fast travel options from Ve'nari's Refuge to Perdition Hold and Desmotaeron within the Maw by unlocking access to them.
The Death's Advance Reputation Farming Improvements
Conduit Energy Removal
Blizzard is completely removing the Conduit Energy system, allowing you to freely swap between Conduits in Patch 9.1.5. A Soulbind unlock for alts is also available in this update.
Remote Anima Turn-Ins
Show off your complete transmog outfit to chat or online by easily sharing a link to it from the Dressing Room. Players can mouse over these items to see how they can be collected, if they have already collected the appearance, or if it is an appearance that is accessible to the character viewing it.
Alt Leveling Improvements
Alts are getting multiple improvements in Patch 9.1.5, including:
- A new rank of Heirloom upgrades.
- Threads of Fate improvements, such as the addition of Torghast as an option.
- Renown gains from completing bonus objectives.
- Soulbind unlocks for alts.
- Instant 40 Renown catch-up.
- Faster reputation advancement with Death's Advance.
PvP Gear Changes
Lower item level PvP gear will scale to a higher item level in PvP scenarios than before. This should reduce the power level gap so that new characters can feel that they are able to complete in Battlegrounds and Arenas more readily. This change will not affect high item level PvP gear.
You will find a detailed list of PvP changes in our PvP Season 2 hub.
Legendary Item Recycling and Runecarving Recipes
Old Legendaries can be recycled for materials in Patch 9.1.5 at the Runecarver. Drop rates of Runecarving recipes has been increased to 100% in any dungeon difficulty.
Legacy Raid Tuning
Legion raids will be made less difficult and easier to solo.
Battle for Azeroth Legacy Loot Rules
Legacy loot rules will be enabled for players at level 60 in all Battle for Azeroth raids and dungeons, causing encounters to drop the number of items as they would randomly drop for a 5-player dungeon party or 20-player raid.
- 02 Dec. 2021: Linked to Mage Tower guides.
- 31 Oct. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.5 release.
- 07 Sep. 2021: Updated to include class changes.
- 28 Aug. 2021: Updated the guide based on the recent developer update.
- 24 Aug. 2021: Guide added.
- One THOUSAND+ Pull Dramatic Tindral Mythic Kill by Skyline
- Wowdle: World of Warcraft Wordle-Style Game
- Illidari Doomhawk Available for Purchase with Timewarped Badges
- Tabard of Fury Available to Amazon Prime Subscribers This Month
- Patch 10.2 Week 4 Guide: A Comprehensive To-Do List for Season 3 Week 3
- Item Level of Timewalking Rewards in Dragonflight Season 3
- Second Catalyst Charge Available This Week on Live Servers
- Dragonflight 10.2 Hotfixes, November 27th