Mythic+ Scoring System
In this article, we present you the Mythic+ Scoring System introduced in Patch 9.1 for Shadowlands's Mythic+ Season 2. We explain how this new scoring system works and discuss the pros and cons of it.
New Mythic+ Scoring System
Mythic+ has its own built-in scoring system, just like PvP has its own rating. The system is inspired by Raider.io, and Blizzard has confirmed it is going to be similar; each dungeon will provide a total amount of points based on the height and speed of the key. Fortified and Tyrannical will have unique scores system, which will combine at the end resulting in an "overall" score which will be displayed once you apply in the Mythic+ Looking for a Group tool.
How Does it Impact Mythic+ Achievements?
Previously, all of the Keystone achievements were tied to a key difficulty, but ever since early Shadowlands old system was replaced with the newly introduced in-game scoring system. So how much Mythic+ rating would I need to obtain those achievements? Let's break it down:
- Previously, Keystone Explorer Achievement required you to complete all of dungeon on 5 keystone level or higher, instead, you will need 750 Mythic+ score to do so. Which roughly is all Fortified and Tyrannical keys on +5 or higher.
- Keystone Conqueror Achievement required you to have done all the dungeons on 10 keystone level or higher, instead, you will have to collect 1500 Mythic+ score, which is roughly the combination of all Fortified and Tyrannical completed on at least +10 level.
- If you want to obtain Keystone Master Achievement you must have 2000 Mythic+ rating, which is the combination of all keys done on both Tyrannical and Fortified on at least 15 keystone level, compared to the old system where you had to complete all dungeons on a 15-level, regardless of whether it was Fortified or Tyrannical.
- At last, if you want to have a Keystone Hero Achievement, you must obtain over 2500 Mythic+ rating.
How Do You Generate Mythic+ Rating?
It is pretty simple; just like Raider.io, upon completion of a key, you are awarded a certain amount of points based on the key level and speed. Both Tyrannical and Fortified have different point systems, which, combined, result in the final score for the key. To showcase an example, let us do the math:
- Let us say Player A (imaginary score, not real) completes Halls of Infusion on +17 keystone level on Tyrannical, awarding 170 score (imaginary, might not be the correct value, but just for the sake of the example), but Player A has not done any Fortified keys of the same dungeon, therefore the overall score is 170.
- As a comparison, Player B completed Halls of Infusion on +10 under Tyrannical affix and +9 on Fortified. This results in him getting a Mythic+ rating of 190, 100 for completing the dungeon on +10 Tyrannical and 90 rating from completing the dungeon on +9 Fortified.
- The higher the key goes, the more value is added upon completing it in time, if both Player A and Player B have finished the same dungeons on the same keystone level, then the second factor comes into consideration, which is the speed of the dungeon.
- It is also confirmed that the higher key of the same dungeon will result in 2/3 of the value of the score, while the lower one will be equal to the remaining value.
Advantages and Disadvantages of the New Mythic+ Scoring System
- It will encourage more people to play on Tyrannical, since the majority of the keys have been completed under Fortified, which arguably is the easier weekly affix to play on, especially in the uncoordinated groups.
- It will encourage more people to play on all kinds of affix combinations, which will generally increase the popularity of Mythic+, translating in a higher volume of people interested in playing and a lower "wait." for your group to fill.
- Flexibility of the Mythic+ rating for Keystone Master Achievement if a specific dungeon is hard for you, you can complete it in a much lower keystone level and focus on completing an easier dungeon on the higher level. As long as you have 2000, you can claim the seasonal mount rewards.
- It does not require people to have any external add-on to showcase their score, which sometimes can be inaccurate if not frequently updated. It saves time and trouble!
- You will need twice as much time to complete Keystone Master Achievement since you need to have the combined score of 2000, which requires you to run keys on both Tyrannical and Fortified, ultimately increasing the duration to obtain the achievement by quite a lot.
- 05 Nov. 2023: Updated and Ready for 10.2. Patch.
- 29 Jun. 2023: Guide update.
- 09 Jul. 2021: Guide reviewed for Season 2 release.
- 25 Jun. 2021: Guide added.
- WoW Servers Down and Explanation
- Professions Capped at 150 Skill in Season of Discovery Phase 1
- Amirdrassil 10.2 Raid DPS Log Rankings, Week 3: In the Middle of Two Tuning Passes
- Gates of Ahn'Qiraj Open on Season of Discovery Realms
- Death Knight Atal'dazar +20 Solo in Dragonflight Season 3
- Metamorphosis Rune Found in Season of Discovery
- Number of Raid Bosses Per Expansion
- The 10 Rarest Still Obtainable Mounts (Video)