Mythic+ Scoring System
In this article, we present you the Mythic+ Scoring System introduced in Patch 9.1 for Shadowlands's Mythic+ Season 2. We explain how this new scoring system works and discuss the pros and cons of it.
New Mythic+ Scoring System
Starting from the Season 2 of Shadowlands, Mythic+ will have its own build in scoring system, just like PvP has its own rating. The system is inspired from Raider.io and Blizzard has confirm it is going to be similar, each dungeon will provide a total amount of points based on the height and speed of the key. Fortified and Tyrannical will have unique scores system, which will combine at the end resulting in an "overall" score which will be displayed once you apply in the Mythic+ Looking for Group tool.
How Does it Impact Mythic+ Achievements?
Previously, all of the Shadowlands Keystone achievements were tied to a key difficulty, but starting from Patch 9.1 the old system will be replaced with the newly introduced in-game scoring system. So how much Mythic+ rating would I need to obtain those achievements? Lets break it down:
- Previously, Shadowlands Keystone Explorer: Season Two required you to complete all of the Shadowlands dungeon on 5 keystone level or higher, but starting from Season 2, you will need 750 Mythic+ score to do so. Which roughly is all Fortified and Tyrannical keys on +5 or higher.
- Shadowlands Keystone Conqueror: Season Two required you to have done all of the Shadowlands dungeons on 10 keystone level or higher, but starting from Season 2 of Shadowlands, you will have to collect 1500 Mythic+ score, which is roughly the combination of all Fortified and Tyrannical completed on at least +10 level.
- At last, if you want to obtain Shadowlands Keystone Master: Season Two, you must have 2000 Mythic+ rating, which is the combination of all keys done on both Tyrannical and Fortified on at least 15 keystone level, compared to the old system where you had to complete all dungeons on a 15 level, regardless of it was Fortified or Tyrannical.
How Do You Generate Mythic+ Rating?
It is pretty simple, just like Raider.io, upon completion of a key you are awarded a certain amount of points, based on the key level and speed. Both Tyrannical and Fortified have different point systems, which combined together result in the final score for the key. To showcase an example, let us do the math:
- Let us say Player A (imaginary score not real) completes Halls of Atonement on +17 keystone level on Tyrannical, awarding 170 score (imaginary, might not be the correct value, but just for the sake of the example), but Player A has not done any Fortified keys of the same dungeon, therefore the overall score is 170.
- As am comparison, Player B completed HallsofAtonement on +10 under Tyrannical affix and +9 on Fortified. This results in him getting Mythic+ rating of 190, 100 for completing the dungeon on +10 Tyrannical and 90 rating from completing the dungeon on +9 Fortified
- The higher the key goes the more value is added upon completing it in time, if both Player A and Player B have finished the exact same dungeons on the exact same keystone level, then the second factor comes into consideration, which is the speed of the dungeon.
- It is also confirmed that the higher key of the same dungeon will result in 2/3 of the value of the score, while the lower one will be equal to the remaining value.
- So despite completing The Necrotic Wake on a +27 difficulty, my Mythic+ rating is 325, because my highest Tyrannical key of the same dungeon is just 17. This makes much more valuable to play on both Tyrannical and Fortified.
Advantages and Disadvantages of the New Mythic+ Scoring System
- It will encourage more people to play on Tyrannical, since majority of the keys have been completed under Fortified, which arguable is the easier weekly affix to play on, especially in the uncoordinated groups.
- It will encourage more people to play on all kind of affix combinations, which will generally increase the popularity of Mythic+, translating in a higher volume of people interested to play and lower "wait" for your group to fill.
- Flexibility of the Mythic+ rating for Shadowlands Keystone Master: Season Two, if a specific dungeon is hard for you, you can complete it in a much lower keystone level and focus on an easier dungeon completing it on the higher level. As long as you get to have 2000 to claim the seasonal reward of Soultwisted Deathwalker mount.
- It does not require people to have any external add-on to show-case their score, which sometimes can be inaccurate if not frequently updated. Saves time and trouble!
- You will need twice as much time to complete Shadowlands Keystone Master: Season Two since you need to have the combined score of 2000, which requires you to run keys on both Tyrannical and Fortified which will ultimately increased the duration to obtain the achievement by quite a lot.
- 09 Jul. 2021: Guide reviewed for Season 2 release.
- 25 Jun. 2021: Guide added.
- How to Upgrade Legendaries to Rank 7 in Patch 9.2
- Gluttonous Gardbrace Makes You Eat Food Faster in Patch 9.2
- Everything New in Patch 9.2 Build 41827
- Everything You Need to Know About Wearing 2 Legendaries At Once in Patch 9.2
- Zereth Mortis Catch-Up Gear in Patch 9.2
- Encrypted Files Hint at Potential Deluxe Edition Rewards for WoW's Upcoming Expansion
- Class Tier List for Mythic+ in Patch 9.1.5 (Week #11)
- Interesting Loot from the Jailer in Patch 9.2