Guardian Druid Tank Macros and Addons — Dragonflight 10.1
On this page, you will find a number of useful macros and addons to make your life easier when playing your Guardian Druid in World of Warcraft — Dragonflight 10.1.
If you were looking for WotLK Classic content, please refer to our TBC Druid addons and macros.
Generic Macros for Druids
- #showtooltip Rebirth
- /cast [@mouseover,help]Rebirth;Rebirth
This macro casts Rebirth on your mouseover target, if they are a friendly player. Otherwise, it casts Rebirth on your current target.
- #showtooltip Remove Corruption
- /cast [target=mouseover,help,nodead][target=target] Remove Corruption
Using this macro will cast Remove Corruption on your mouseover target, if they are a friendly player and they are not dead. Otherwise, it will cast Remove Corruption.
Specific Macros for Guardian Druids
Blessing of Protection Cancelaura Macro
- /cancelaura Blessing of Protection
This macro is handy to have. It allows you to cancel a Blessing of Protection that may have been cast on you, allowing you to resume your attacks. It is also important because, while you are under the effect of Blessing of Protection, mobs will not attack you and instead will just attack the next person the aggro list (usually a DPS player). Macroing this into multiple abilities is recommended.
Useful Mouseover Macros
Here are a few macros that allow you to cast some of your spells on your mouseover target.
- #showtooltip Skull Bash
- /cast [@mouseover,harm,nodead]Skull Bash
- #showtooltip Growl
- /cast [@mouseover,harm,nodead]Growl
- #showtooltip Moonfire
- /cast [@mouseover,harm,nodead]Moonfire
Generic Addons for Druids
Here, at Icy Veins, we use ElvUI for all our characters. This addon is a complete replacement of the default User Interface. It comes with almost everything you need to perform properly: action bars, cooldown timers, proc display, etc.
We strongly recommend that you get this addon and our forum moderator Pandacho has written a quick configuration guide for it.
Boss Mods: Deadly Boss Mods or Bigwigs
Boss mods are addons that warn you about boss abilities and give you live advice on how to handle some mechanics. We strongly recommend you to get one such addon. At Icy Veins, we mostly use Deadly Boss Mods, the most popular boss mod. A good alternative is Big Wigs.
GTFO is a lightweight addon that notifies you when you are standing in harmful effects or when you are making other such mistakes. It is very useful, even if your boss mod is already alerting you of such things.
Parrot or Mik's Scrolling Battle Text
Parrot and Mik's Scrolling Battle Text are highly customisable addons for displaying floating battle text while in combat (incoming heals, damage of your spells, etc.). They both work very well by default.
WeakAuras is an extremely useful addon that allows you to have visual effects on your screen, helping you track your buffs, debuffs and cooldowns. It is highly customisable and it can make it much, much easier to keep track of your procs and play your spec more proficiently. It can also be used for a variety of other functions.
"Details!" Damage Meter is a real-time DPS/HPS meter with a lot of additional functionality such as being able to see cooldowns, buffs, debuffs, damage done to specific targets, and statistical analysis. In our opinion, it is superior to Skada in terms of functionality, although it is slightly more complicated to configure. We recommend Details! as your default damage meter, but if you prefer something easier, then Skada is still a good option.
- 28 Apr. 2023: Updated for 10.1, removed old addons.
- 20 Mar. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.7.
- 24 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Reviewed for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 28 Nov. 2022: Reviewed for Dragonflight launch.
- 25 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
More Druid Guides
Guides from Other Classes
- Dragonflight Patch 10.1 Hotfixes, June 8th
- Mythic+ Tier List in Dragonflight Season 2 (Week 5)
- New Secret of Azeroth Holiday in Patch 10.1.5
- New Quantum Cosmetics Provide Players with Appearances from the Past
- Dragonflight Patch 10.1 Hotfixes, June 7th
- Dragonflight Season 2 Mythic+ DPS Log Rankings, Week 4
- A Preview of Pattie's Cap Mount in Patch 10.1.5
- Micro Menu Artwork Updated in Patch 10.1.5