Guardian Druid Tank Gear and Best in Slot — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3
On this page, you will find the best gear and best in slot items for your Guardian Druid in World of Warcraft Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3.
If you were looking for WoW Classic content, please refer to our Classic Feral Tank Druid gear and best in slot.
Best in Slot List for Guardian Druids
The following is a recommendation for what items might constitute a best in slot list for Guardian Druids. Bear in mind that due to Warforging/Titanforging, you may have items that are stronger than the ones listed simply due to their higher item level.
|Head||Gibbering Maw||Ra-den the Despoiled — Ny'alotha|
|Shoulders||Pauldrons of the Great Convergence||N'Zoth the Corruptor — Ny'alotha|
|Cloak||Ashjra'kamas, Shroud of Resolve||Legendary Cloak|
|Chest||Darkheart Robe||Vexiona — Ny'alotha|
|Wrists||Bracers of Dark Prophecy||The Prophet Skitra — Ny'alotha|
|Gloves||Chitinspine Gloves||The Hivemind — Ny'alotha|
|Belt||Belt of Braided Vessels||Il'gynoth, Corruption Reborn — Ny'alotha|
|Legs||Macabre Ritual Pants||The Prophet Skitra — Ny'alotha|
|Boots||Corpuscular Leather Greaves||Carapace of N'Zoth — Ny'alotha|
|Ring #1||Ring of Cosmic Potential||N'Zoth the Corruptor — Ny'alotha|
|Ring #2||Ring of Collective Consciousness||The Hivemind — Ny'alotha|
|Trinket #1||Void-Twisted Titanshard||Ra-den the Despoiled — Ny'alotha|
|Trinket #2||Vita-Charged Titanshard||Ra-den the Despoiled — Ny'alotha|
|Weapon||Qwor N'lyeth||The Hivemind — Ny'alotha|
|Weapon 2||An'zig Vra||Maut — Ny'alotha|
Azerite Gear for Guardian Druids
For information about what Azerite traits to choose and what the best items are, see our Azerite page.
For general information about Corrupted gear, please visit our Corrupted Items page.
These are the strong corruption bonuses for Guardian Druid:
- Twilight Devastation is excellent in AoE, especially for burst/short AoE.
- Infinite Stars is great for big damage.
- Echoing Void is powerful for AoE and comes on one of our raid weapons.
- Gushing Wound is great value per corruption point.
Outside of these, all the secondary stat procs are good value for us and it will heavily depend on the amount of corruption resistance that you have available in deciding what items will be best for you.
Trinkets for Guardian Druids
Defensively, there are several trinkets available that have particularly strong effects. The following is a list of the most noteworthy trinkets available, ranked in order of power assuming equivalent item level. If you do not have any of these, your best bet will be to use a stat proc trinket with a reasonably high item level.
- Bloodthirsty Urchin
- Edicts of the Faithless
- Void-Twisted Titanshard
- Vita-Charged Titanshard
- Diamond-Laced Refracting Prism
- Harlan's Loaded Dice
- Lurker's Insidious Gift
- Lustrous Golden Plumage
- Azerokk's Resonating Heart
- Ascended Alchemist Stone
Offensively, you can refer to the chart below (courtesy of Bloodmallet.com). Note that these are only recommendations based on general sims; for the most accurate results, you should sim yourself.
Operation: Mechagon Gear
Operation: Mechagon has a few pieces of noteworthy loot as well:
- Pocket-Sized Computation Device - This trinket is extremely powerful for increasing your damage output, in combination with the Red Punchcard Cyclotronic Blast this is one of the best trinkets in the game. The Yellow cards contain flat secondary stat bonuses and you should try to obtain stats that suit your preference for DPS or survivability, (refer to the Stats page for more information). The Blue cards have unique utility or flavor effects that do not affect combat performance.
- Wraps of Electrostatic Potential - The bonus effect on these bracers makes up for the lack of secondary stats in terms of damage. Unfortunately, the Benthic armor in the Wrist slot not only has a very competitive bonus effect, but also comes with secondary stats, meaning this piece is not very desirable. Defensively, you will want to use a different item that has secondaries.
- The Logic Loop/Bit Band ring combinations provide minor bonus effects, some of which are good for tanking if obtained at competitive item levels. Strong combinations for Guardian include Logic Loop of Maintenance/ Logic Loop of Recursion and Protecting Bit Band.
- 14 Jan. 2020: Updated for Patch 8.3, added new BiS List.
- 01 Oct. 2019: Updated BiS list and added benthic boots.
- 11 Jul. 2019: Added section for Operation: Mechagon.
- 07 Jul. 2019: Updated for Mythic+ Season 3 and The Eternal Palace.
- 24 Jun. 2019: Updated for Patch 8.2.
- 14 Apr. 2019: Updated for the Crucible of Storms raid.
- 20 Jan. 2019: Updated for Mythic+ Season 2 and Battle of Dazar'alor.
- 10 Dec. 2018: Updated for Patch 8.1.
- 04 Sep. 2018: Updated for Uldir raid release.
- 13 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- 18 Jul. 2018: Added Luffa Wrappings, and updated some numbers for the stat squish.
- Battle.net App Updated for Shadowlands Alpha
- The Blizzard April Fools Archive and Highlights
- Long Queues on Select Realms Will Be Addressed Soon
- Is Shadowlands Alpha Coming Next Week?
- Player Beats the Game and Earns All Achievements in World of Warcraft
- New Statues & Framed Photographs Available on Blizzard Gear Store
- Community April Fools Roundup
- Patch 8.8.8 Official Notes
- Elemental Shaman 8.3
- Cant Complete "Establishing your Outpost"
- Havoc Demon Hunter PvP 8.3
- Mission Table - Advancements Guide
- Windwalker Monk PvP 8.3
- looking for help with pve/pvp build for good dps and good pvp
- Tortollan Seekers Reputation
- Death Knight Leveling