Guardian Druid Tank Gear and Best in Slot — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2
On this page, you will find the best gear and best in slot items for your Guardian Druid in World of Warcraft Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2.
1. Best in Slot List for Guardian Druids
The following is a recommendation for what items might constitute a best in slot list for Guardian Druids. Bear in mind that due to Warforging/Titanforging, you may have items that are stronger than the ones listed simply due to their higher item level.
|Head||Shroud of Unmooring Whispers||Za'qul, Harbinger of Ny'alotha — The Eternal Palace|
|Shoulders||Shoulderpads of Frothing Rage||Radiance of Azshara — The Eternal Palace|
|Cloak||Cloak of Ill Tidings||Za'qul, Harbinger of Ny'alotha — The Eternal Palace|
|Chest||Tunic of the Sycophant||The Queen's Court — The Eternal Palace|
|Wrists||Ori's Tidal Wristwraps||Benthic Armor|
|Gloves||Poen's Deepsea Grips||Benthic Armor|
|Belt||Vim's Scalecrusher Clasp||Benthic Armor|
|Legs||Leggings of the Stormborn||Radiance of Azshara — The Eternal Palace|
|Boots||Ardent Worshipper's Boots||The Queen's Court — The Eternal Palace|
|Ring #1||Cursed Lover's Ring||Queen Azshara — The Eternal Palace|
|Ring #2||Boralus Noble's Seal||Lady Ashvane — The Eternal Palace|
|Trinket #1||Bloodthirsty Urchin||Lady Ashvane — The Eternal Palace|
|Trinket #2||Edicts of the Faithless||The Queen's Court — The Eternal Palace|
|Weapon||Aqua-Pulse Trident||Orgozoa — The Eternal Palace|
2. Azerite Gear for Guardian Druids
For information about what Azerite traits to choose and what the best items are, see our Azerite page.
3. Trinkets for Guardian Druids
Defensively, there are several trinkets available that have particularly strong effects. The following is a list of the most noteworthy trinkets available, ranked in order of power assuming equivalent item level. If you do not have any of these, your best bet will be to use a stat proc trinket with a reasonably high item level.
- Bloodthirsty Urchin
- Edicts of the Faithless
- Chain of Suffering
- Idol of Indiscriminate Consumption
- Diamond-Laced Refracting Prism
- Harlan's Loaded Dice
- Lurker's Insidious Gift
- Lustrous Golden Plumage
- Azerokk's Resonating Heart
- Ascended Alchemist Stone
- Azshara's Font of Power
Offensively, you can refer to the chart below (courtesy of Bloodmallet.com). Note that these are only recommendations based on general sims; for the most accurate results, you should sim yourself.
4. Benthic Armor for Guardian Druid
In some cases, Benthic Armor is far more powerful offensively than other gear of equal item level, due to the effects present on the pieces. Here are some of the most powerful Benthic Armor pieces.
5. Operation: Mechagon Gear
Operation: Mechagon has a few pieces of noteworthy loot as well:
- Wraps of Electrostatic Potential - The bonus effect on these bracers makes up for the lack of secondary stats in terms of damage. Unfortunately, the Benthic armor in the Wrist slot not only has a very competitive bonus effect, but also comes with secondary stats, meaning this piece is not very desirable. Defensively, you will want to use a different item that has secondaries.
- Pocket-Sized Computation Device - This trinket is customizable using Punchcards that are obtained from various content. Some of the Red Punchcards grant powerful effects for tanking, such as Trajectory Analysis and Subroutine: Defragmentation. The Yellow cards contain flat secondary stat bonuses, and you should try to obtain stats that suit your preference for DPS or survivability (refer to the Stats page for more information). The Blue cards have unique utility or flavor effects that do not affect combat performance.
- The Logic Loop/Bit Band ring combinations provide minor bonus effects, some of which are good for tanking if obtained at competitive item levels. Strong combinations for Guardian include Logic Loop of Maintenance/ Logic Loop of Recursion and Protecting Bit Band.
- 11 Jul. 2019: Added section for Operation: Mechagon.
- 07 Jul. 2019: Updated for Mythic+ Season 3 and The Eternal Palace.
- 24 Jun. 2019: Updated for Patch 8.2.
- 14 Apr. 2019: Updated for the Crucible of Storms raid.
- 20 Jan. 2019: Updated for Mythic+ Season 2 and Battle of Dazar'alor.
- 10 Dec. 2018: Updated for Patch 8.1.
- 04 Sep. 2018: Updated for Uldir raid release.
- 13 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- 18 Jul. 2018: Added Luffa Wrappings, and updated some numbers for the stat squish.
- Where Is My Bee Mount?
- Limit 7/8 World First + Azshara Mythic First Look
- Eternal Palace Race Day 4: Za'qul (Almost) Going Down
- Patch 8.2 Hotfixes: July 19th
- Blizzard Co-founder Frank Pearce Retires After 28 Years
- Upcoming Purification Protocol Hotfix
- Eternal Palace Race Day 3: The Court Disappoints, Za'qul Does Not
- Patch 8.2 Hotfixes: July 18th
- Vengeance Demon Hunter 8.2
- Beast Mastery Hunter 8.2
- Class Discord Channels
- Mechagon and Junkyard Tinkering
- Priest Leveling Guide
- Retribution Paladin 8.2
- Arcane Mage PvP 8.1.5