Guardian Druid Shadowlands Leveling Guide From 1 to 60
The best gearing while levelling is quick and easy upgrades with the highest item level possible, stats are not relevant and the gear will be swiftly replaced as you go through the levels, so try not to go too out of your way for a single piece of gear while levelling.
Level by Level Rotation and Talents
Move the slider below to make the guide update to your level!
Talents to Level Up as a Guardian Druid
Your first talent row unlocks at Level 15.
Your talent set up should be as follows.
- Level 15: Brambles
- Level 25: Wild Charge
- Level 30: Restoration Affinity
- Level 35: Heart of the Wild
- Level 40: Galactic Guardian
- Level 45: Survival of the Fittest
- Level 50: Tooth and Claw
Rotation to Level Up as a Guardian Druid
Due to Guardian being unlocked as a talent specialization at Level 10, you should make use of the abilities provided to you in the intro quests until you are presented with the option.
- Enter Bear Form.
- Cast Moonfire on the target.
- Use Barkskin on cooldown.
- Use Berserk on cooldown, ideally against multiple enemies.
- Cast Thrash on cooldown.
- Cast Mangle on cooldown on 4 targets or fewer.
- Fill downtime with Swipe.
- Spend Rage offensively against a single target with Maul.
- Spend Rage defensively with Ironfur.
- Use Frenzied Regeneration if your health gets below 50%.
- Make sure to always be in Bear Form while in combat.
Summary of Unlocked Abilities for Guardian Druids
Starting at Level 1, you only have one main attack ability: Wrath.
- Moonfire is a great damage over time effect that we can use to pull multiple mobs.
- Bear Form Bear form unlocks new bear abilities like Mangle which is a powerful single target bear attack.
- Maul is one of your strongest hitting single target abilities at the cost of 40 rage.
- Thrash should be used off cooldown to maintain the bleed debuff.
- Growl is your taunt ability, allowing you to take the monsters focus for a short period of time.
- Ironfur is your active mitigation spell, reducing the amount of physical damage you take significantly while active, it is also your main rage spender if you feel like you are taking too much damage.
- Frenzied Regeneration is your main self healing ability, costs 10 rage and will heal you for 24% of your health.
- Swipe is your spammable AoE filler spell and best for defeating multiple monsters at the same time.
- Barkskin is another excellent AoE tool in combination with your Level 15 talent Brambles. The short cooldown is good for reducing damage taken while also increasing your damage.
- At Level 34, you unlock Berserk. This is your biggest damage increasing cooldown, reducing the cooldown of Mangle Thrash and Frenzied Regeneration by 50%, allowing you to spam your best spells more frequently.
In addition to these baseline abilities, there are multiple passive effects that you unlock throughout the leveling process that are worth knowing about:
- At Level 10 — Ursine Adept — Moonfire, Soothe, Remove Corruption and Rebirth are usable in Bear Form.
- At Level 27 — Thick Hide — Reduces all damage taken by 6%.
- At Level 37 — Gore — Thrash, Swipe, Moonfire, and Maul have a 15% chance to reset the cooldown on Mangle and cause it to generate an additional 4 Rage.
- At Level 37 — Infected Wounds — Mangle and Maul cause an infected wound in the target, reducing their movement speed by 50% for 12 seconds.
- At Level 47 — Lightning Reflexes — You gain Dodge equal to 100% of your Critical Strike from gear.
- At Level 52 — Regrowth — you gain rank 2 of this, which increases the Critical Strike chance of the initial heal by 40% if the target is already affected by Regrowth.
- At Level 54 — Frenzied Regeneration— you gain rank 3 of this which causes Frenzied Regeneration to increase all healing received by 20% while active.
- At Level 56 — Entangling Roots — you gain rank 2 of this, which increases the amount of damage targets affected by Entangling Roots can take before the root is broken.
- At Level 58 — Berserk — you gain rank 2 of this, which reduces the cooldown of Mangle, Thrash, Growl and Frenzied Regeneration by an additional 25%.
Guardian Druid War Mode Talents for Leveling
In this section we will highlight the most useful War Mode PvP talents to speed up your levelling process.
- Sharpened Claws — Maul increases the damage done by your Swipe and your Thrash by 25% for 6 seconds, this is very significant damage increase while levelling as you can often maintain near 100% uptime.
- Overrun — Charge to an enemy, stunning them for 3 seconds and knocking back their allies within 15 yards. Just another charge adding more mobility to your toolkit allowing you to speed up levelling even more.
- Raging Frenzy — Your Frenzied Regeneration also generates 60 Rage over 3 seconds. This provides you with enormous amounts of rage allowing you to more comfortably deal damage with Maul and keep the Sharpened Claws buff up easily.
- Charging Bash — Increases the range of your Skull Bash by 10 yards. This is just a little more added mobility, increasing your interrupt range significantly which you can use to move around a bit easier.
- 28 Jun. 2021: Reviewed and approved for Patch 9.1.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 20 Nov. 2020: Updated for levelling perks up to 60.
- 12 Oct. 2020: Guide added.
- Complete "That's the Spirit" Achievement Before Patch 9.1.5 Goes Live
- Timewalking Mage Tower Not Coming Until Early December
- Patch 9.1 Hotfixes: October 21st
- Official 9.1.5 Patch Notes
- Patch 9.1.5 Release Date is Novemeber 2nd/3rd!
- Official Preview of the Timewalking Mage Tower
- Kill Dunegorger Kraulok This Week for a Chance at Mollie the Alpaca Mount
- Warrior Mage Tower Set in Patch 9.1.5