Guardian Druid Tank Mythic+ Tips — Dragonflight 10.0.7
In this guide, you will find tips and advice to tackle Mythic+ dungeons with your Guardian Druid in World of Warcraft — Dragonflight 10.0.7.
Guardian Druid in Mythic+
While not necessarily "meta", Guardian Druid is definitely one of the strongest tanks in Mythic+, in Season 1 of Dragonflight. Our defensive capabilities are almost unmatched, and our unique utility tools such as After the Wildfire and Rebirth are extremely valuable within the Dragonflight dungeons.
Guardian Druid Mythic+ Rotation
The single target and multi-target rotations do not change in Mythic+ content. For more information about the Guardian Druid rotation, refer to the Rotation, Cooldowns, and Abilities page.
Guardian Druid Utility
- Ursol's Vortex conjures a ground zone for 10 seconds that will slow all enemies affected by 50%. It will also pull them to the center after the first time they attempt to leave the circle. It is an extremely powerful tool for kiting, especially during Necrotic weeks.
- Incapacitating Roar disorients nearby enemies that are not immune to being crowd-controlled. Use this as a mass interrupt, or as a quick crowd control to help you put distance between yourself and the enemy to catch up on healing.
- Remove Corruption removes all harmful curse and poison debuffs from the target. Many dungeons apply these types of effects, and being able to dispel them is a great piece of utility.
- Soothe will remove all enrage effects on a single enemy. In particular, this works against the Raging affix, making it a very powerful tool in Mythic+.
- Entangling Roots can be used to root patrolling enemies to prevent them from entering combat with you, or to skip them entirely. Casting it will cancel Bear Form however, so do not cast it while you are actively tanking.
- Skull Bash interrupts spell casts, and prevents spells from the same school from being cast again for 4 seconds. Skull Bash has a 13 yard range, and casting it from out of melee range will cause you to charge into melee range to interrupt. Note that although the charge animation has travel time, the interrupt happens as soon as you use the spell.
- Rebirth resurrects dead allies in combat. This costs 30 Rage, but it can be especially useful if your healer dies during an encounter.
- Regrowth is a single target heal. Casting it will cancel Bear Form, but it can be used between pulls to help the healer top people off or get rid of Grievous.
- Stampeding Roar is mainly used for short bursts of movement speed indoors or during combat. It is generally used for kiting or going from one pack to the next, but is also useful for speeding your friends out of dangerous ground mechanics.
- Nature's Vigil this turns a portion of your single target damage into healing for you and your group. Since Moonfire is considered a single target healing spell, this can produce a very sizeable amount of healing for your group.
- Innervate this is a spell that you have to cast on a healer, it reduces their mana costs by 100% for 10 seconds and can really come in clutch if used at the right time.
- After the Wildfire this is a talent that causes a massive burst of healing in an AoE around you every 200 rage you spend.
Mythic+ Talents for Guardian Druids
Below are the suggested talents for Mythic+. These talents are recommended for all affixes and keystone levels. For more information on particular talents and when to use them, refer to Talents and Builds page linked below.
The following tree is a fantastic and simple build for Mythic+. Note that you can directly import these trees into the game with the following string:
Be sure to use the 'Copy Export String' button in our calculator below, to easily import our build ingame.
Trinkets and Gearing for Guardian Druids in Mythic+
When choosing the optimal trinkets and gear for Mythic+, you first have to choose whether you want to focus on a defensive setup, an offensive setup, or a balance of the two. This will depend on the level of key you are doing and the gear of your group. Generally, we suggest using one large healing/defensive trinket and one offensive trinket for better threat management. For an in-depth analysis of the best gear for the right situations, check out our BiS Gear page below.
The Importance of Kiting
In higher level Mythic+, it is extremely common to kite mobs when you and your healer start to run out of cooldowns; this gives your healer a chance to catch back up and a chance for both of your personal cooldowns to come back up. Kiting is usually a very small damage loss for your DPS but, if you have the option, it can be a good idea to communicate to them that you are going to kite so they do not drop any strong ground abilities and waste large amounts of damage.
Remember to try not to turn your back to enemies while you are kiting, as you cannot dodge from behind and it can cause you to quickly take massive amounts of damage.
Dragonflight Season 1: Thundering
The special affix for Dragonflight Season 1 is Thundering. Multiple times throughout the dungeon you will be afflicted by one of two marks, Mark of Lightning or Mark of Wind (As a tank you will always get Mark of Wind) as of patch 10.0.5. These will increase your damage and healing done by 30% for as long as you have the debuff. To cleanse your debuff you must walk into someone of the opposite of debuff. If you do not manage to cleanse your debuff you will take massive damage and be stunned for a long period of time. To optimize you want to aim to delay clearing your debuff for as long as possible to retain the damage increase for as long as possible. This can be very tricky with all the other things going on in a dungeon. You can find out more about the Thundering affix on our Dragonflight Mythic+ Season 1 page.
- 20 Mar. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.7.
- 24 Jan. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.0.5.
- 21 Dec. 2022: Updated M+ Build.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Reviewed for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 28 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight launch.
- 25 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
More Druid Guides
Guides from Other Classes
- World Boss Bazual Available During the Week of March 22nd
- Baine Cutscene in Patch 10.0.7
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Hotfixes: March 21st
- Orc and Human Heritage Armor Cutscenes
- Primordial Stones in PvP
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Known Issues
- Everything You Need to Know About Patch 10.0.7
- Class Guides Updated for Patch 10.0.7 Launch