Guardian Druid Tank Mythic+ Tips — Dragonflight 10.2
In this guide, you will find tips and advice to tackle Mythic+ dungeons with your Guardian Druid in World of Warcraft — Dragonflight 10.2.
Guardian Druid in Mythic+
Guardian was "meta" in Season 2 of Dragonflight and will continue to be quite strong throughout Season 3 as we did not receive many significant changes. Guardian Druid is one of the highest dps tanks in Mythic+, and our defensive capabilities are excellent to match. Our unique utility tools, such as After the Wildfire, Mark of the Wild and Rebirth are extremely valuable within the dungeons in Season 3 of Dragonflight.
Guardian Druid Mythic+ Rotation
The single-target and multi-target rotations do not change in Mythic+ content. For more information about the Guardian Druid rotation, refer to the Rotation, Cooldowns, and Abilities page.
Guardian Druid Utility
- Ursol's Vortex conjures a ground zone for 10 seconds that will slow all enemies affected by 50%. It will also pull them to the center after the first time they attempt to leave the circle. It is a potent tool for kiting.
- Incapacitating Roar disorients nearby enemies that are not immune to being crowd-controlled. Use this as a mass interrupt or quick crowd control to help you distance yourself from the enemy to catch up on healing.
- Remove Corruption removes all harmful curse and poison debuffs from the target. Many dungeons apply these types of effects, and being able to dispel them is a great piece of utility. It can be especially useful on weeks with Afflicted as it will instantly remove one of the adds.
- Soothe will remove all enrage effects on a single enemy. This works against the Raging affix, making it a powerful tool in Mythic+.
- Entangling Roots can root patrolling enemies to prevent them from entering combat with you or to skip them entirely. Casting it will cancel Bear Form, however, so do not cast it while you are actively tanking.
- Skull Bash interrupts spell casts and prevents spells from the same school from being cast again for 4 seconds. Skull Bash has a 13-yard range, and casting it from out of melee range will cause you to charge into melee range to interrupt. Note that although the charge animation has travel time, the interrupt happens when you use the spell.
- Rebirth resurrects dead allies in combat. This costs 30 Rage, but it can be handy if your healer dies during an encounter.
- Regrowth is a single target heal. Casting it will cancel Bear Form.
- Stampeding Roar is mainly used indoors or during combat for short bursts of movement speed . It is generally used for kiting or going from one pack to the next, but it is also useful for speeding your friends out of dangerous ground mechanics.
- Nature's Vigil This turns a portion of your single target damage into healing for you and your group. Since Moonfire and Raze are considered single-target spells, these can produce a very sizeable amount of healing for your group.
- Innervate is a spell you must cast on a healer; it reduces their mana costs by 100% for 10 seconds and can come in clutch if used at the right time.
- After the Wildfire This talent causes a massive burst of healing in an AoE around you every 200 rage you spend.
- Dream of Cenarius This talent enables you to do a massive single target heal on any group member of your choice every 20-30 seconds.
- Hibernate This talent is incredibly useful for dealing with the Incorporeal.
Mythic+ Talents for Guardian Druids
Below are the suggested talents for Mythic+. These talents are recommended for all affixes and keystone levels. Refer to the Talents and Builds page linked below for more information on particular talents and when to use them.
The following tree is a fantastic and straightforward build for Mythic+. Note that you can directly import these trees into the game with the following string:
Use the 'Copy Export String' button in our calculator below to easily import our build ingame.
Trinkets and Gearing for Guardian Druids in Mythic+
When choosing the optimal trinkets and gear for Mythic+, you must first decide whether to focus on a defensive setup, an offensive setup, or a balance. This will depend on the level of key you are doing and the gear of your group. Generally, we suggest using one large healing/defensive trinket and one offensive trinket for better threat management. For an in-depth analysis of the best gear for the right situations, check out our BiS Gear page below.
The Importance of Kiting
In higher level Mythic+, it is extremely common to kite mobs when you and your healer starts to run out of cooldowns; this gives your healer a chance to catch back up and a chance for both of your cooldowns to come back up. Kiting is usually a minimal damage loss for your DPS. Still, if you have the option, it can be a good idea to communicate to them that you are going to kite so they do not drop any strong ground abilities and waste large amounts of damage.
Remember to try not to turn your back to enemies while you are kiting, as you cannot dodge from behind, and it can cause you to take massive amounts of damage quickly.
- 06 Nov. 2023: Updated Notes for Season 3.
- 04 Sep. 2023: Updated M+ build and Season 2 note on meta.
- 10 Jul. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.1.5.
- 26 May 2023: Added Incorporeal note.
- 01 May 2023: Updated info for 10.1 and removed thundering.
- 24 Mar. 2023: Updated talent tree strings.
- 20 Mar. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.7.
- 24 Jan. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.0.5.
- 21 Dec. 2022: Updated M+ Build.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Reviewed for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 28 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight launch.
- 25 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- Season of Discovery Global Launch Times: When Does the Update Go Live?
- Detailed Zone Exploration of New Night Elf Capital City of Bel'ameth in Patch 10.2.5
- Weekly Catalyst Charges in Patch 10.2.5
- Dragonflight 10.2 Hotfixes, November 29th
- Method World 3rd Fyrakk Mythic Kill and 9/9 Amirdrassil
- New Love is in the Air Armor Sets in Patch 10.2.5
- Icy Veins Launches Genshin Impact Guides Section
- Dragonflight Season 3 Mythic+ DPS Log Rankings: Week 2