Survival Hunter DPS Battle of Dazar'alor Raid Guide — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3
On this page, you will find tips, tricks, and strategies tailored to your Survival Hunter for each boss of the following raid: Battle of Dazar'alor. All our content is updated for World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3.
This page will be a rough outline of the bosses and mechanics in the Battle for Dazar'alor raid. This page will focus primarily on how a Survival Hunter can optimize its performance on the raid bosses in Battle for Dazar'alor, and not on an actual raid strategy for the bosses. Initially, this page will focus on Heroic mode and lower, however, as more bosses are being killed on Mythic, the guide will also include optimizations for Mythic bosses.
Survival in Battle for Dazar'alor
Survival Hunters excel in burst damage scenarios, making it useful for a lot of bosses in this tier. It suffers from cleaving a low amount of targets, however, which hurts it on many bosses as well.
Champion of the Light
This encounter is moderately movement-heavy but for the most part it is pure single-target, so we recommend the usual spec.
Survival Hunter Playstyle on Champion of the Light
Add Priority (during Seal of Reckoning)
- Any add that has the Judgment: Righteousness buff from when the previous phase ended.
- The rest can be cleaved down.
Note: This boss is the second boss for Horde players, and the third boss for Alliance players. For the second Alliance boss (Jadefire Masters), see further below.
Survival Hunter Playstyle on Grong
From a Hunter perspective, there is not much to say about this fight yet.
The Apetagonizer 3000 add spawns after 15 seconds, and then every minute after that.
For this boss, we will refer to Grimfang/Mestrah as "Monk", and Firecaller/Flamefist as "Mage".
The optimal strategy will most likely involve having the Monk boss at a lower health percentage than the Mage boss in this encounter.
As Survival, you should be attacking the boss that needs the most damage in that moment (which will sometimes be the Mage, due to its Fire Shield ability).
Survival Hunter Playstyle on Opulence
At this stage, there are no Hunter-specific playstyle tips for Opulence, but stay tuned when the new raid is out!
High Tinker Mekkatorque
Survival Hunter Playstyle on High Tinker Mekkatorque
At this stage, there are no Hunter-specific playstyle tips for High Tinker Mekkatorque, but stay tuned when the new raid is out!
Conclave of the Chosen
Survival Hunter Playstyle on Conclave of the Chosen
You can use a pet with a dispel ability to purge the Gift of Wind buff from the bosses.
Intimidation and Freezing Trap are useful for the Ravenous Stalker adds.
Survival Hunter Playstyle on the Stormwall Blockade
At this stage, there are no Hunter-specific playstyle tips for the Stormwall Blockade, but stay tuned when the new raid is out!
Survival Hunter Playstyle on King Rastakhan
The movement speed bonus of Posthaste can be useful when running away from Inevitable End.
Lady Jaina Proudmoore
Survival Hunter Playstyle on Lady Jaina Proudmoore
At this stage, there are no Hunter-specific playstyle tips for Lady Jaina Proudmoore, but stay tuned when the new raid is out!
- 13 Jan. 2020: This page has been reviewed for the release of Patch 8.3 and no changes are necessary.
- 24 Jun. 2019: This page has been reviewed for the release of Patch 8.2 and no changes are necessary.
- 14 Apr. 2019: This page has been reviewed for Crucible of Storms and no changes are necessary.
- 21 Jan. 2019: Added boss tips for Survival Hunter in Battle of Dazar'alor.
More Hunter Guides
Guides from Other Classes
- PvP Play with the Blues on the 10.1 PTR: March 31st
- Aberrus Raid Testing Schedule: March 30 - April 28
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Hotfixes, March 28th
- Upcoming 10.1 PTR Changes to Class Tier Sets: March 28th
- Dragonflight 10.1, Season 2 New and Removed Mythic+ Affixes
- Dragonflight Patch 10.1 PTR Development Notes, March 28th: Old Mythic+ Affixes Removed, New Ones Added
- Riders of Azeroth Spotted in Zaralek Cavern in Patch 10.1
- A Preview of the Druid Crucible Raid Tier Set in Patch 10.1