Battle of Dazar'alor Raid Guides for Battle for Azeroth
Battle of Dazar'alor is a raid instance due to be introduced in World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth, Patch 8.1. Together with the Crucible of Storms raid, it belongs to the 23rd tier of content in World of Warcraft. Battle of Dazar'alor will be available in LFR, Normal, Heroic, and Mythic difficulties.
The raid is based in the Horde capital city, Dazar'alor, and sees the Alliance forces attempting to invade and defeat the Zandalari and Horde forces located there. Meanwhile, the Horde are trying to repel the attack and ensure their leaders and people stay safe.
The Alliance will try to take over the city of Dazar'alor and kill the Zandalari leader, King Rastakhan, while the Horde will defend their city from the coming invasion and, while minimising losses, will try to defeat the Kul Tiran leader, Lady Proudmoore.
2. Alliance vs Horde
The Battle of Dazar'alor features different, faction-specific bosses that change the raid experience for each faction, at least somewhat.
For balance and fair-play purposes, all of the bosses are mechanically identical (with the exception of a few differences of Magic school usage) and all players, regardless of faction, will face all 9 bosses. That said, many of their names and appearances differ depending on the faction as which you are playing.
When facing bosses that "belong" to your faction (Horde facing Opulence, Conclave of the Chosen, and King Rastakhan, and Alliance facing Mekkatorque, Stormwall Blockade, and Lady Jaina Proudmoore), your appearance will automatically be changed to that of a race of the opposing faction that corresponds to your character's race (using the Mercenary PvP Mode transformation system), and even your racial ability will be changed.
3. Boss Order
The instance is entirely linear, meaning that the bosses can only be engaged and defeated in the order we present below.
- Champion of the Light
- Grong the Revenant/Grong the Jungle Lord
- Jadefire Masters
- Conclave of the Chosen
- King Rastakhan
- High Tinker Mekkatorque
- Stormwall Blockade
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore
Note that the above order is for Horde. Alliance players will face bosses 2 and 3 in reversed order.
- Azshara's Eternal Palace Boss Video Preview
- Patch 8.2: Ankoan and Unshackled Waveray Mounts
- How to Get and Return to Mechagon & Nazjatar in Patch 8.2
- Upcoming Vision of Perfection Changes on 8.2 PTR for Brewmaster Monks & Guardian Druids
- Patch 8.1.5 Hotfixes: May 24th
- WoW Classic "Not a Bug List" Update: May 24th
- Warsong Gulch & Honor System Testing on Classic Beta
- Blizzard's Looking for Essences Feedback
- Havoc Demon Hunter PvP 8.1.5
- Frost Death Knight 8.1.5
- Destruction Warlock 8.1.5
- Best Classic WoW Rotation and Class Guides for 1.12?
- ideal movement as mm
- Hunter Rotation Notes Questions
- Looking for quirky off spec DPS possibilities.
- Azshara potholes are out of control