Conclave of the Chosen Strategy Guide in Battle of Dazar'alor Raid
Welcome to our guide for Conclave of the Chosen, an Alliance-only encounter in the Battle of Dazar'alor raid. Here, you will first find a quick breakdown by role following by a detailed strategy to defeat Conclave of the Chosen.
Conclave of the Chosen is a council-style fight in the Battle of Dazar'alor raid.
Deep within Dazar'alor lies a chamber built to honor six of Zandalar's greatest loa, guarded by their most devout followers. Trespassers who dare enter this sacred hall are soon met with primal fury like none they have ever seen.
2. Fight Overview
In this fight, your raid will have to fight the 4 different aspects of the Loa: Pa'ku's Aspect, Gonk's Aspect, Kimbul's Aspect, and Akunda's Aspect. You will always be fighting two aspects, with a new Loa taking the place of the fallen. The only exception to this is after you have killed 3 aspects and are killing the final one.
Each aspect has different abilities and will need to be handled differently, especially with the different combinations of abilities that can occur depending on your kill order.
- Make sure to keep the aspects reasonably spread out. If your group has players that gain a single target damage increase from cleaving or multi-DoTing then feel free to keep them 8 yards apart.
- For Pa'ku's Aspect, when Hastening Winds stacks too high, be sure to either taunt swap, or have a melee DPS taunt for 1 auto-attack before you taunt back in order to reset his stacks.
- Make sure Gonk's Aspect is faced away from the raid for his Wild Maul.
- Taunt Swap Kimbul's Aspect if extra stacks from Lacerating Claws becomes too dangerous to handle.
- Have cooldowns ready for Pa'ku's Wrath, as other abilities can coincide with its cast. The limited space to spread and handle them can lead to deadly situations.
- Bleeding Wounds will stack during the fight, so be aware of members with high stacks.
- Mind Wipe must be dispelled as soon as possible, especially if it is on another healer (since it prevents using abilities/healing).
- On Heroic difficulty, take note of the health of the aspects and be ready for heavy raid damage as they die, due to Cry of the Fallen.
- Focus down one Aspect at a time; only multi-DoT or cleave if it is a single target DPS increase.
- During Gonk's Wrath, swap to the Ravenous Stalkers immediately and burn them down before they inflict too much raid damage.
- Run under Pa'ku's Aspect during Pa'ku's Wrath.
- Slow, stun, or displace any Ravenous Stalkers during Gonk's Wrath.
- Spread out if you are fixated during Kimbul's Wrath.
- Spread out from everyone during Akunda's Wrath and dodge Static Orbs.
- Move away from other players if you are afflicted with Crawling Hex, and dispel other players when they call for it, if you are able to remove Curses.
- All enemies need to be purged when Pa'ku's Aspect casts Gift of Wind. Mages can use Spellsteal in order to gain the buff for themselves.
- The Aspects should be tanked near the edge of the room, at least 8 yards apart.
- The raid should be loosely spread around the center of the room.
- Your group should also try to remain as spread as possible during Pa'ku's Wrath, as other position based mechanics can overlap during that time.
3.6. Bloodlust/Heroism/Time Warp
4.1. Shared Abilities
This section contains the abilities that apply to all 4 of the Loa bosses.
4.1.1. Loa's Pact
Due to Loa's Pact, when two aspects are within 7 yards of each other, they buff each other to deal 75% more damage and receive 90% less damage.
4.1.2. Loa's Wrath
When an aspect dies, this triggers Loa's Wrath, buffing the other active aspect, healing them to full health and increasing their damage dealt by 15%. This will continue to buff them until the end of the fight, so killing the aspects in order of the ones that are buffed is recommended.
4.1.3. Cry of the Fallen
After the death of one of the champions, all players will receive a DoT, called Cry of the Fallen that deals Nature damage every 0.5 seconds, for 6 seconds.
All the bosses except for Kimbul have an Energy bar that progressively fills up; when they reach maximum Energy, the bosses cast a certain ability, as detailed in the sections that follow.
4.2. Paku's Aspect
4.2.1. Gift of Wind
4.2.2. Hastening Winds
When Pa'ku's Aspect attacks the same target multiple times, he gains a buff for each successive attack. The buff grants him 8% attack speed per stack.
4.2.3. Paku's Wrath
Pa'ku's Wrath deals damage to all players, with the amount depending on the distance between the boss and the player. If the player is within a 10-yard radius of Pa'ku's Aspect, they will receive a ticking Nature damage debuff, that deals damage every second for 8 seconds. If they are farther than 10 yards, they will take a larger hit of Nature damage, but receive no DoT.
4.3. Gonk's Aspect
4.3.1. Crawling Hex
Once he reaches full Energy, Gonk's Aspect will curse a player so that they cannot attack or cast for 5 seconds. This curse will continue to spread upon expiration in an 8-yard radius.
4.3.2. Raptor Form
When Gonk's Aspect uses Raptor Form, he becomes a raptor, allowing him to cast Wild Maul, which deals Physical damage in a frontal-cone that spans 9 yards. Damage will be dealt every 0.3 seconds, or until the cast is cancelled. It is currently unknown if this can be interrupted or if the boss cancels it on his own.
4.3.3. Gonk's Wrath
4.4. Kimbul's Aspect
4.4.1. Lacerating Claws
Lacerating Claws is a cone-attack that deals Physical damage, as well as applying a stacking DoT that deals further Physical damage every second. The DoT lasts 45 seconds.
4.4.2. Kimbul's Wrath
4.5. Akunda's Aspect
4.5.1. Thundering Storm
Thundering Storm is an AoE attack that deals Nature damage to any enemy in a 10-yard radius.
4.5.2. Mind Wipe
Every 30 seconds (when reaching full Energy), Akunda's Aspect will debuff several random players with Mind Wipe, causing them to forget all their abilities. While players minds have been wiped, they will be unable to cast any ability for 30 seconds or until they are dispelled.
4.5.3. Akunda's Wrath
Akunda places a debuff on players, that explodes after 6 seconds, dealing Nature damage in a 5-yard radius. Upon expiration, the debuff will also cause Static Orbs to spawn from the afflicted player. These deal Nature damage and stun when they are touched, detonating in the process.
At the start of the encounter, bring Pa'ku's Aspect and Gonk's Aspect to the edge of the room, and keep them at least 8 yards apart. Have the raid loosely spread near the center of the room, to allow them to quickly move to wherever the safe zone of Pa'ku's Wrath will be. Kill Pa'ku's Aspect first, before then moving onto Gonk's Aspect. From there, your group will want to be focusing whichever aspect is buffed by Loa's Wrath.
When fighting Pa'ku's Aspect, be sure to have either the tanks or a DPS taunt swap in order to drop Hastening Winds. When Pa'ku's Aspect is at full Energy and casts Gift of Wind, the raid needs to immediately start purging it from all enemies in the room. Ideally, Mages should be given priority to Spellsteal, but after that, Shamans, Priests, and Demon Hunters should remove these buffs as quickly as possible. When Pa'ku is summoned to cast Pa'ku's Wrath, she will appear briefly in the center of the room, before flying around the edges of the room to choose a place to land. Once she chooses a position, the raid needs to quickly move to hide in the safe zone underneath her. Other abilities such as the Wraths from the other loa can line up with this, so it is very important to be aware of your positioning.
While fighting Gonk's Aspect, be sure to tank her facing away from other players to ensure she does not Wild Maul someone by mistake. Targets afflicted by Crawling Hex need to move 8 yards away from anyone else before calling for a Decurse. During Gonk's Wrath, the raid needs to quickly swap and focus down the Ravenous Stalkers. Stuns, displacements, and slows should all be used to keep them under control, especially if they spawn during Pa'ku's Wrath.
For Kimbul's Aspect, the Tanks are going to need to taunt swap occasionally in order to keep Lacerating Claws under control. During Kimbul's Wrath, the raid group needs to be somewhat spread. Players fixated by Kimbul's leap need to make sure they do not cleave other raiders.
Finally, for Akunda's Aspect, the melee need to be ready to run away from the boss whenever he casts Thundering Storm. Healers need to dispel Mind Wipe as fast as possible. The raid needs to stay spread for Akunda's Wrath and be ready to dodge the Static Orbs that spawn from players once the wrath triggers.
On Heroic, Krag'wa will occasionally cast Krag'wa's Wrath, jumping around the room; the raid needs to simply move out of the brown swirling indicators that show where he is going to land. Equally, whenever an aspect dies, healers need to be ready to top off the raid to protect against Cry of the Fallen.
5.1. Tank Concerns
This fight is fairly straightforward for Tanks. Just keep the bosses at least 8 yards away from each other, and be ready to taunt swap occasionally for the aspects of Pa'ku and Kimbul. Be keenly aware of the timer for Pa'ku's Wrath, as you do not want to bring the aspects of Gonk or Akunda into the raid during Wild Maul or Thundering Storm.
5.2. Healing Concerns
The main points of failure during this fight are going to occur during Pa'ku's Wrath. Not only will the raid be taking damage, but other mechanics can line up at the same time. It is advisable to use healing cooldowns during these phases.
Mind Wipe is also very important to remove quickly. Having several players effectively taken out of the fight for 30 seconds is a big deal, so dispelling it should be your number one priority, behind keeping them alive of course.
- 17 Jan. 2018: Added Strategy section and expanded the entire guide.
- 23 Oct. 2018: Guide added.
- Patch 8.1 Hotfixes: January 23rd
- Limit Faction Transfer to Alliance for Ilevel 400 Gear
- 8.1.5 PTR Developer Notes: January 23rd
- Patch 8.1 Hotfixes: January 22nd + Clarifications
- Jaina Heroic World First Kill Video
- Battle of Dazar'alor Alliance Intro Cinematic
- Kul Tiran Humans & Zandalari Trolls Not Coming Today
- King Rastakhan Defeat Cinematic
- Fury Warrior 8.1
- Prot Warrior Rotation Documentation
- Frost Mage 8.1
- Help wit VuhDo
- Protection Warrior 8.1
- Restoration Druid 8.1
- Holy Paladin 8.1
- BfA Level 120 Battle Guide