Demon Hunter Class Changes for Shadowlands (Patch 9.0.1)
On this page, you will find a list of all Demon Hunter changes coming in Shadowlands.
In addition to the class changes listed here, Demon Hunters also gain access to class-specific Demon Hunter Covenant Abilities that can be used anywhere in the open world and Anima Powers that only work in Torghast.
- All Demon Hunters now share a single resource (Fury).
- Immolation Aura is now available to both specializations (was a Vengeance-only ability).
Havoc Demon Hunter
- Unending Hatred is a new passive, which expands their Fury's maximum capacity, letting them get an extra hit or two in.
- Blade Dance now strikes 5 nearby enemies and no longer increases your chance to dodge by 100% for 1 second. Cooldown increased to 15 seconds (from 9 seconds).
- Immolation Aura is baseline for Havoc Demon Hunters and generates 20 Fury when cast.
Havoc Demon Hunter Talent Changes
- The Dark Slash talent has evolved into Essence Break (new Level 40 talent), which deals Chaos damage and significantly increases the damage that both Chaos Strike and Blade Dance deal for a short duration.
- Burning Hatred is a new talent, which makes Immolation Aura generate 60 Fury over 12 seconds.
- Demonic Appetite: Consuming a Soul Fragment no longer reduces the cooldown of Eye Beam.
- Cycle of Hatred: When Chaos Strike refunds Fury, it will reduce the cooldown of Eye Beam (was Metamorphosis).
- Insatiable Hunger: Demon's Bite deals 20% more damage and generates 5 to 10 additional Fury.
- Fel Mastery (Level 30 Talent) replaced with Unbound Chaos: Activating Immolation Aura will cause your inner demon to slam into nearby enemies at the end of your next Fel Rush, dealing Chaos damage.
Havoc Demon Hunter Talent Tree
Below is the current talent tree for Havoc Demon Hunters.
- Level 15 Talents: Blind Fury / Demonic Appetite / Felblade;
- Level 25 Talents: Insatiable Hunger / / Burning Hatred / Demon Blades;
- Level 30 Talents: Trail of Ruin / Unbound Chaos / Fel Barrage;
- Level 35 Talents: Soul Rending / Desperate Instincts / Netherwalk;
- Level 40 Talents: Cycle of Hatred / First Blood / Essence Break;
- Level 45 Talents: Unleashed Power / Master of the Glaive / Fel Eruption;
- Level 50 Talents: Demonic / Momentum / Nemesis.
Havoc Demon Hunter PvP Talent Changes
- Glimpse removed.
- Mortal Rush added. Your Fel Rush afflicts targets it deals damage to with Mortal Wound, reducing their effectiveness of healing on the target for until cancelled.
Vengeance Demon Hunter
- Fel Devastation is now baseline (was a Level 45 talent).
- Immolation Aura and Fiery Brand tooltips were changed to show the total amount of damage done over the duration of the spell.
- Soul Cleave damage increased by 20%.
Vengeance Demon Hunter Talent Changes
- Agonizing Flames no longer increases the damage of Immolation Aura. It now increases its duration by 50%.
- Feast of Souls healing increased by 25%.
- Charred Flesh has been redesigned: Immolation Aura damage now increases the duration of your Fiery Brand by 0.5 seconds.
- Felblade is now a Level 15 talent (up from Level 30).
- Flame Crash (Level 30 talent) removed.
- Infernal Armor is a new Level 30 talent. Immolation Aura increases your armor by 20% and causes melee attackers to suffer 5% of Attack Power as Fire damage.
- Spirit Bomb is now a Level 30 talent (up from Level 45).
- Void Reaver is now a Level 45 talent (up from Level 50).
- Soul Barrier is now a Level 45 talent (up from 50).
- Demonic is a new Level 45 talent, which allows them to temporarily enter Metamorphosis form following a Fel Devastation.
- Bulk Extraction is a new Level 50 talent. It immediately rips a soul fragment from up to five enemies around the Demon Hunter and consumes them;
- Ruinous Bulwark is a new Level 50 talent, which increases the healing of their Fel Devastation and converts overhealing into an absorption shield that lasts for a moderate amount of time.
Vengeance Demon Hunter Talent Tree
Below is the current talent tree for Vengeance Demon Hunters.
- Level 15 Talents: Abyssal Strike / Agonizing Flames / Felblade;
- Level 25 Talents: Feast of Souls / Fallout / Burning Alive;
- Level 30 Talents: Infernal Armor / Charred Flesh / Spirit Bomb;
- Level 35 Talents: Soul Rending / Feed the Demon / Fracture;
- Level 40 Talents: Concentrated Sigils / Quickened Sigils / Sigil of Chains;
- Level 45 Talents: Void Reaver / Demonic / Soul Barrier;
- Level 50 Talents: Last Resort / Ruinous Bulwark / Bulk Extraction.
More Patch 9.0.1 Class Changes
You can find other Patch 9.0.1 class changes linked below.
- 15 Jul. 2020: Unbound Chaos reworked in Alpha Build 35078.
- 03 Jul. 2020: Demon Hunter reworked based on recent Alpha changes.
- 20 Jun. 2020: Reviewed for Alpha Build 34821.
- 15 Jun. 2020: Reviewed for Alpha Build 34714.
- 09 Jun. 2020: Reviewed for Alpha Build 34615.
- 02 Jun. 2020: Updated intro with links to Anima Powers and Covenant Abilities.
- 25 May 2020: Added Essence Break (Havoc) distance change.
- 14 May 2020: Updated for Alpha Build 34365.
- 08 May 2020: Updated for Alpha Build 34278.
- 28 Apr. 2020: Updated for Alpha Build 34137.
- 21 Apr. 2020: Page added.
- Old Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction Trailer Upscaled to 4K
- Suspensions Coming for Green Scepter Shard Griefing
- Blizzard at Gamescom 2020
- The Great Vault Mythic Dungeons Item Choices Explained
- Patch 8.3.7 and Classic Hotfixes: July 31st
- Ectoplasmic Distiller Hotfix: July 31st
- Night Elf Male Blindfold Customization Option in Shadowlands
- Shadowlands Beta 9.0.1 Build 35360: Class Changes