Demon Hunter Class Changes for Shadowlands (Patch 9.0.1)
On this page, you will find a list of all Demon Hunter changes coming in Shadowlands.
- All Demon Hunters now share a single resource (Fury);
- Immolation Aura is now available to both specializations (was a Vengeance-only ability).
Havoc Demon Hunter
- Unending Hatred is a new passive, which expands their Fury's maximum capacity, letting them get an extra hit or two in;
- Blade Dance now strikes 5 nearby enemies and no longer increases your chance to dodge by 100% for 1 second. Cooldown increased to 15 seconds (from 9 seconds).
Havoc Demon Hunter Talent Changes
- The Dark Slash talent has evolved into Essence Break (new Level 40 talent), which deals Chaos damage and significantly increases the damage that both Chaos Strike and Blade Dance deal for a short duration;
- Burning Hatred is a new Level 25 talent, which makes Immolation Aura generate 80 Fury over 12 seconds. The talent has a 10-yard range.
Havoc Demon Hunter Talent Tree
Below is the current talent tree for Havoc Demon Hunters, as of Shadowlands Alpha 9.0.1 Build 34490.
- Level 15 Talents: Blind Fury / Demonic Appetite / Felblade;
- Level 25 Talents: Insatiable Hunger / / Burning Hatred / Demon Blades;
- Level 30 Talents: Trail of Ruin / Fel Mastery / Fel Barrage;
- Level 35 Talents: Soul Rending / Desperate Instincts / Netherwalk;
- Level 40 Talents: Cycle of Hatred / First Blood / Essence Break;
- Level 45 Talents: Unleashed Power / Master of the Glaive / Fel Eruption;
- Level 50 Talents: Demonic / Momentum / Nemesis.
Havoc Demon Hunter PvP Talent Changes
- Glimpse removed;
- Mortal Rush added. Your Fel Rush afflicts targets it deals damage to with Mortal Wound, reducing their effectiveness of healing on the target for until cancelled.
Vengeance Demon Hunter
- Fel Devastation is now baseline (was a Level 45 talent).
Vengeance Demon Hunter Talent Changes
- Felblade is now a Level 15 talent (up from Level 30);
- Flame Crash (Level 30 talent) removed;
- Infernal Armor is a new Level 30 talent. Immolation Aura increases your armor by 20% and causes melee attackers to suffer 5% of Attack Power as Fire damage;
- Spirit Bomb is now a Level 30 talent (up from Level 45);
- Void Reaver is now a Level 45 talent (up from Level 50);
- Soul Barrier is now a Level 45 talent (up from 50);
- Demonic is a new Level 45 talent, which allows them to temporarily enter Metamorphosis form following a Fel Devastation;
- Bulk Extraction is a new Level 50 talent. It immediately rips a soul fragment from up to five enemies around the Demon Hunter and consumes them;
- Ruinous Bulwark is a new Level 50 talent, which increases the healing of their Fel Devastation and converts overhealing into an absorption shield that lasts for a moderate amount of time;
Vengeance Demon Hunter Talent Tree
Below is the current talent tree for Vengeance Demon Hunters, as of Shadowlands Alpha 9.0.1 Build 34490.
- Level 15 Talents: Abyssal Strike / Agonizing Flames / Felblade;
- Level 25 Talents: Feast of Souls / Fallout / Burning Alive;
- Level 30 Talents: Infernal Armor / Charred Flesh / Spirit Bomb;
- Level 35 Talents: Soul Rending / Feed the Demon / Fracture;
- Level 40 Talents: Concentrated Sigils / Quickened Sigils / Sigil of Chains;
- Level 45 Talents: Void Reaver / Demonic / Soul Barrier;
- Level 50 Talents: Last Resort / Ruinous Bulwark / Bulk Extraction.
More Patch 9.0.1 Class Changes
You can find other Patch 9.0.1 class changes linked below.
- 25 May 2020: Added Essence Break (Havoc) distance change.
- 14 May 2020: Updated for Alpha Build 34365.
- 08 May 2020: Updated for Alpha Build 34278.
- 28 Apr. 2020: Updated for Alpha Build 34137.
- 21 Apr. 2020: Page added.
- Optional Crafting Reagents Update: June 2nd
- World First Mythic +28 Tol'Dagor Cleared in Time
- Dredwing Mounts in Shadowlands
- List of Corruption Effects on Sale Through June 5th
- Specific Vendor Corruptions Prediction Theories
- Patch 8.3 Hotfixes: June 1st
- Fist of Justice / Ineffable Truth Hotfix Cancelled
- WoW Weapons Recreated in Monster Hunter: World