Demon Hunter Covenant Abilities in Shadowlands
Welcome to our guide that covers Demon Hunter Covenant Abilities in Shadowlands. We first present you a summary of all the abilities before going over the individual Signature and Covenant Class Abilities in more detail.
Summary of Abilities Granted to Demon Hunters by Each Covenant
- Night Fae
Best Covenants for Demon Hunters
For more information regarding the best Covenants for each Demon Hunter spec, please refer to our spec-specific pages:
Kyrian Demon Hunter Covenant Ability
Elysian Decree: Place a Kyrian Sigil at the target location that activates after 2 seconds. Detonates to deal (350% of Attack Power) Arcane damage and shatter up to 3 Lesser Soul Fragments from enemies affected by the sigil. Deals reduced damage beyond 5 targets. (Instant, 30-yard range, 60-second cooldown)
Night Fae Demon Hunter Covenant Ability
The Hunt: Charge to your target, striking them for (455% of Attack Power) Nature damage, rooting them in place for 1.5 seconds and inflicting (227.7% of Attack Power) Nature damage over 6 seconds to any enemy in your path. The pursuit invigorates your soul, healing you for 25% of the damage you deal to your Hunt targets for 30 seconds. (1-second cast, 50-yard range, 1.5-minute cooldown)
Necrolord Demon Hunter Covenant Ability
Fodder to the Flame: Your damaging abilities have a chance to call forth a demon from the Theater of Pain for 25 seconds. Throw Glaive deals lethal damage to the demon, which explodes on death, dealing (175% of Attack Power) damage to nearby enemies and healing you for 25% of your maximum health. The explosion deals reduced damage beyond 5 targets. (Instant, 2-minute cooldown)
Here is how the summoned demon looks like.
Venthyr Demon Hunter Covenant Ability
Sinful Brand: Brand an enemy with the mark of the Venthyr, reducing their melee attack speed by 30%, their casting speed by 30%, and inflicting (338% of Attack Power) Shadow damage over 8 seconds. Activating Metamorphosis applies Sinful Brand to all nearby enemies. (Instant, 30-yard range, 45-second cooldown)
Other Covenant Class Abilities
You can find all class-specific Covenant abilities available for other classes linked below.
- 30 Oct. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.5 release.
- 27 Jun. 2021: Page updated for Chains of Domination.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.0.5.
- 20 Nov. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands launch.
- 27 Sep. 2020: Updated for Beta Build 35978.
- 22 Sep. 2020: Updated for Beta Build 35938.
- 16 Sep. 2020: Elysian Decree, Sinful Brand and The Hunt updated.
- 05 Sep. 2020: Updated for Beta Build 35755.
- 15 Jul. 2020: Fodder to the Flame pool now lasts for 30 seconds.
- 26 Jun. 2020: Reviewed for Alpha Build 34902.
- 20 Jun. 2020: Reviewed for Alpha Build 34821.
- 15 Jun. 2020: Reviewed for Alpha Build 34714.
- 09 Jun. 2020: Reviewed for Alpha Build 34615.
- 25 May 2020: Updated for Alpha Build 34490.
- 17 May 2020: Page added.
- New Stay Awhile and Listen Dialogue Between Baine Bloodhoof and Mayla Highmountain in Dragonflight
- A Preview of Vicious Mounts in Dragonflight Season 1
- Patch 9.2.7 and Wrath Classic Hotfixes: September 29th
- Battle for Undercity Quest Fix
- Dragonflight Group Loot and BoE Clarifications
- Embodiment of the Storm-Eater Preview in Dragonflight
- New Map Model in Dragonflight
- The Winds of Wisdom XP Buff Returns on October 4