Demon Hunter Covenant Abilities in Shadowlands
Here, you will find all class-specific Covenant abilities available to Demon Hunters in Shadowlands.
Welcome to our guide that covers Demon Hunter Covenant Abilities in Shadowlands. We first present you a summary of all the abilities before going over the individual Signature and Covenant Class Abilities in more detail.
Summary of Abilities Granted to Demon Hunters by Each Covenant
- Signature Ability — Summon Steward calls your steward to bring you a Phial of Serenity.
- Demon Hunter Ability — Elysian Decree makes you carve runes into the ground, which detonate to deal damage and shatter Lesser Soul Fragments from foes.
- Night Fae
- Signature Ability — Fleshcraft provides an absorption shield and increases damage taken.
- Demon Hunter Ability — Fodder to the Flame makes your damaging abilities call forth a demon. Throw Glaive makes the demon explode, healing you for 25% of your maximum health.
- Signature Ability — Door of Shadows teleports you to a targeted location.
- Demon Hunter Ability — Sinful Brand reduces enemy melee and casting speeds and inflicts Shadow damage over time.
Best Covenants for Demon Hunters
For more information regarding the best Covenants for each Demon Hunter spec, please refer to our spec-specific pages:
Kyrian Demon Hunter Covenant Ability
Elysian Decree: Place a Kyrian Sigil at the target location that activates after 2 seconds. Detonates to deal (350% of Attack Power) Arcane damage and shatter up to 3 Lesser Soul Fragments from enemies affected by the sigil. Deals reduced damage beyond 5 targets. (Instant, 30-yard range, 60-second cooldown)
Night Fae Demon Hunter Covenant Ability
The Hunt: Charge to your target, striking them for (455% of Attack Power) Nature damage, rooting them in place for 1.5 seconds and inflicting (227.7% of Attack Power) Nature damage over 6 seconds to any enemy in your path. The pursuit invigorates your soul, healing you for 25% of the damage you deal to your Hunt targets for 30 seconds. (1-second cast, 50-yard range, 1.5-minute cooldown)
Necrolord Demon Hunter Covenant Ability
Fodder to the Flame: Your damaging abilities have a chance to call forth a demon from the Theater of Pain for 25 seconds. Throw Glaive deals lethal damage to the demon, which explodes on death, dealing (175% of Attack Power) damage to nearby enemies and healing you for 25% of your maximum health. The explosion deals reduced damage beyond 5 targets. (Instant, 2-minute cooldown)
Here is how the summoned demon looks like.
Venthyr Demon Hunter Covenant Ability
Sinful Brand: Brand an enemy with the mark of the Venthyr, reducing their melee attack speed by 30%, their casting speed by 30%, and inflicting (338% of Attack Power) Shadow damage over 8 seconds. Activating Metamorphosis applies Sinful Brand to all nearby enemies. (Instant, 30-yard range, 45-second cooldown)
Other Covenant Class Abilities
You can find all class-specific Covenant abilities available for other classes linked below.
- 30 Oct. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.5 release.
- 27 Jun. 2021: Page updated for Chains of Domination.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.0.5.
- 20 Nov. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands launch.
- 27 Sep. 2020: Updated for Beta Build 35978.
- 22 Sep. 2020: Updated for Beta Build 35938.
- 16 Sep. 2020: Elysian Decree, Sinful Brand and The Hunt updated.
- 05 Sep. 2020: Updated for Beta Build 35755.
- 15 Jul. 2020: Fodder to the Flame pool now lasts for 30 seconds.
- 26 Jun. 2020: Reviewed for Alpha Build 34902.
- 20 Jun. 2020: Reviewed for Alpha Build 34821.
- 15 Jun. 2020: Reviewed for Alpha Build 34714.
- 09 Jun. 2020: Reviewed for Alpha Build 34615.
- 25 May 2020: Updated for Alpha Build 34490.
- 17 May 2020: Page added.
- Everything You Need to Know About Forbidden Reach Catch-Up Gear in Patch 10.0.7
- Dracthyr Racial Mounts Available for Everyone to Purchase in Patch 10.0.7
- Turbulent Timeways Timewalking Event Starts March 29th
- Save 30% on Select Game Services Through April 3rd
- Dragonflight DPS Log Rankings for Vault of the Incarnates, Week 14
- The Forbidden Reach Dragon Glyphs Guide (Exact Locations with TomTom Coords)
- The Most Popular Specializations for Mythic+ in Dragonflight Season 1 (Week 14)
- Bakar Dog Mounts in Patch 10.0.7 Still Remain Shrouded in Mystery