Shaman Class Changes for Shadowlands (Patch 9.0.2)
On this page, you will find a list of all Shaman changes coming in Shadowlands.
In addition to the class changes listed here, Shamans also gain access to class-specific Shaman Covenant Abilities that can be used anywhere in the open world, Legendary Powers obtained through Runecarving, Soulbind Conduits, and Anima Powers that only work in Torghast.
TABLE OF CONTENTS OF THIS PAGE
- New Passive: Improved Reincarnation — Reincarnation now revives you with an additional 20% health.
- New Ability: Flametongue Weapon — Imbue your weapon with the element of Fire for 1 hour, causing each of your attacks to deal additional Fire damage.
- New Ability: Chain Heal — Heals the friendly target, then jumps to heal the 2 most injured nearby allies (3 for Restoration). Healing is reduced by 30% with each jump.
- Healing Stream Totem — Summons a totem at your feet for 15 seconds that heals an injured party or raid member within 40 yards for every 2 seconds.
- Lightning Shield — Surround yourself with a shield of lightning for 30 minutes. Melee attackers have a 100% chance to suffer Nature damage. Only one Elemental Shield can be active on the Shaman at a time.
- Chain Lightning — Hurls a lightning bolt at the enemy, dealing Nature damage and then jumping to additional nearby enemies. Affects 3 total targets.
- Flame Shock — Sears the target with fire, causing Fire damage and then additional Fire damage over 18 seconds.
- Frost Shock — Chills the target with frost, causing Frost damage and reducing the target's movement speed by 50% for 6 seconds.
- Skyfury Totem, Grounding Totem, and Counterstrike Totem now have 50 health (was 5).
General Shaman Abilities Learned Above Level 50
- Astral Shift (Level 54) — Astral Shift lasts an additional 4 seconds.
- Hex (Level 56) — The cooldown of Hex is reduced by 10 seconds.
- New Ability: Spiritwalker's Grace — Calls upon the guidance of the spirits for 15 seconds, permitting movement while casting Shaman spells. Castable while casting.
- Flame Shock now has an 18-second duration (was 24 seconds).
- Lightning Shield generates 5 Maelstrom for the Shaman when attacked.
- Lava Surge proc chance reduced to 10% (was 15%).
Elemental Shaman Abilities Unlocked Above Level 50
- Elemental Fury (Level 54) — Elemental Fury now also causes your healing critical strikes to heal for 250% instead of the normal 200%.
- Fire Elemental Totem (Level 58) — While your Fire Elemental is active, any newly applied Flame Shock lasts 100% longer.
Elemental Shaman Talent Changes
- New Talent: Echoing Shock (replaces Call the Thunder) — Shock the target for Elemental damage and create an ancestral echo, causing your next direct damage or healing spell to be cast a second time 1 second later for free.
- New Talent: Static Charge — Discharge excess energy from your Lightning Shield, dealing Nature damage to an enemy within 40 yards every 0.5 second for 3 seconds. Targets with your Flame Shock on them are preferred.
- Elemental Blast now increases your Critical Strike, Haste, or Mastery by 3% instead of stat ratings and generates 30 Maelstrom. Elemental Blast Overload generates 15 Maelstrom.
- Totem Mastery has been removed.
- Ascendance now fires a Lava Burst at all of your Flame Shock targets, and refreshes their Flame Shock durations to up to 18 seconds upon activation.
- Primal Elementalist Primal Fire Elemental's Meteor is now capped at 8 targets.
- Primal Elementalist Primal Storm Elemental's Meteor now capped at 8 targets.
- Ancestral Guidance no longer has a global cooldown.
- Control of Lava (PvP Talent) now increases Flame Shock's damage by 25%, instead of increasing Lava Burst's damage.
Elemental Shaman Talent Tree
Below is the current talent tree for Elemental Shamans.
- Level 15 Talents: Earthen Rage / Echo of the Elements / Static Discharge;
- Level 25 Talents: Aftershock / Echoing Shock / Elemental Blast;
- Level 30 Talents: Spirit Wolf / Earth Shield / Static Charge;
- Level 35 Talents: Master of the Elements / Storm Elemental / Liquid Magma Totem;
- Level 40 Talents: Nature's Guardian / Ancestral Guidance / Wind Rush Totem;
- Level 45 Talents: Surge of Power / Primal Elementalist / Icefury;
- Level 50 Talents: Unlimited Power / Stormkeeper / Ascendance.
Elemental Shaman Shadowlands Guide
- New Ability: Chain Lightning — Each target hit by Chain Lightning reduces the cooldown of Crash Lightning by 1 second.
- New Ability: Windfury Totem (Level 52) — Windfury Totem has an additional 10% chance to grant party members an extra swing.
- Maelstrom resource and Maelstrom bar have been removed.
- New Ability: Windfury Weapon (replaces Windfury Passive) — Imbue your main-hand weapon with the element of Wind for 30 minutes. Each main-hand attack has a 25% chance to trigger 2 extra attacks, dealing Physical damage each.
- New Ability: Windfury Totem — Summons a Windfury Totem with 5 health at the feet of the caster for 2 minutes. Party members within 30 yards have a 10% chance when they auto-attack to swing an extra time.
- Maelstrom Weapon has been redesigned — When you deal damage with a melee weapon, you have a chance to gain Maelstrom Weapon, stacking up to 10 times. Each stack of Maelstrom Weapon reduces the cast time of your next damage or healing spell by 20% and increase the damage or healing of your next spell by 20%. A maximum of 5 stacks of Maelstrom Weapon can be consumed at a time.
- Feral Spirit now generates 1 stack of Maelstrom Weapon immediately, and one stack every 3 seconds for 15 seconds.
- Lightning Shield now has an additional effect — When Lightning Shield deals damage, you have a 50% chance to generate a stack of Maelstrom Weapon.
- Chain Lightning has an additional effect — If Chain Lightning hits more than 1 target, each target hit by your Chain Lightning increases the damage of your next Crash Lightning by 20%.
- Stormbringer no longer causes your next Stormstrike to trigger no cooldown, but will still have a 5% chance to reset the remaining cooldown of Stormstrike.
- Lava Lash damage reduced by 50%, now has a 12-second cooldown, and has an additional effect: Damage is increased by 100% if your Off-Hand weapon is imbued with Flametongue Weapon.
- Frostbrand has been replaced with Frost Shock.
- Frost Shock has been replaced with Flame Shock.
- Frost Shock and Flame Shock now have their cooldowns shortened by Haste.
- Flametongue has been replaced with Flametongue Weapon.
- Rockbiter has been removed.
- Crash Lightning now deals reduced damage against additional targets.
- Windfury Weapon's proc damage has been increased by 240%.
- Healing Surge healing has been increased by 50%.
- Maelstrom Weapon spending abilities have had their damage or healing increased by 30%.
- Feral Spirit's pet damage has been increased by 270%.
Enhancement Shaman Abilities Learned Above Level 50
- Chain Lightning (Level 52) — Each target hit by Chain Lightning reduces the cooldown of Crash Lightning by 1 second.
- Windfury Totem (Level 58) — Windfury Totem has an additional 10% chance to grant party members an extra swing.
Enhancement Shaman Talent Changes
- New Talent: Lashing Flames (replaces Boulderfist) — Lava Lash now increases the damage of Flame Shock on its target by 100% for 12 seconds.
- New Talent: Stormflurry (replaces Landslide) — Stormstrike has a 25% chance to strike the target a second time for 40% of normal damage.
- New Talent: Ice Strike (replaces Totem Mastery) — Strike your target for Frost damage, snaring them by 50% for 6 seconds. Ice Strike will also reset the cooldown of your Flame Shock and Frost Shock spells.
- New Talent: Elemental Assault (Passive) (replaces Overcharge) — Stormstrike damage is increased by 15%, and Stormstrike now generates 1 stack of Maelstrom Weapon.
- New Talent: Fire Nova (replaces Searing Assault) — Erupt a burst of fiery damage from all targets affected by your Flame Shock, dealing Fire damage to up to 6 targets within 8 yards of your Flame Shock targets.
- New Talent: Stormkeeper (replaces Fury of Air) — Charge yourself with lightning, causing your next 2 Lightning Bolts or Chain Lightnings to deal 150% more damage and be instant cast.
- Hot Hand now causes melee auto-attacks with Flametongue Weapon active to have a 5% chance to reduce the cooldown of Lava Lash by 75% and increase the damage of Lava Lash by 100% for 8 seconds. Hot Hand additionally resets the cooldown of Lava Lash when it activates.
- Forceful Winds Windfury bonus damage is now 50% (was 80%).
- Hailstorm has been redesigned — Each stack of Maelstrom Weapon consumed increases the damage of your next Frost Shock by 35%, and causes your next Frost Shock to hit 1 additional target per Maelstrom Weapon stack consumed.
- Sundering no longer has a Maelstrom cost and now has a 6% mana cost.
- Ascendance now causes you to explode with Nature damage upon activation, dealing damage to all enemies within 8 yards.
- Ice Strike damage has been increased by 75%.
- Forceful Winds Windfury damage bonus per stack has been reduced to 35% (was 50%).
- Lashing Flames duration has been increased to 20 seconds (was 12 seconds).
- Elemental Blast damage has been increased by 25%.
- Hailstorm's Frost Shock damage bonus has been lowered to 15% (was 35%).
- Fire Nova damage has been increased by 75%.
Enhancement Shaman Talent Tree
Below is the current talent tree for Enhancement Shamans.
- Level 15 Talents: Lashing Flames / Forceful Winds / Elemental Blast;
- Level 25 Talents: Stormflurry / Hot Hand / Ice Strike;
- Level 30 Talents: Spirit Wolf / Earth Shield / Static Charge;
- Level 35 Talents: Elemental Assault / Hailstorm / Fire Nova;
- Level 40 Talents: Nature's Guardian / Feral Lunge / Wind Rush Totem;
- Level 45 Talents: Crashing Storm / Stormkeeper / Sundering;
- Level 50 Talents: Elemental Spirits / Earthen Spike / Ascendance.
Enhancement Shaman Shadowlands Guide
- :New Ability: Water Shield — The caster is surrounded by globes of water, granting 50 mana per 5 seconds. When a melee attack hits the caster, the caster regains 2% of their mana. This effect can only occur once every few seconds.
- New Ability: Mana Tide Totem — Summons a Mana Tide Totem at the feet of the caster for 8 seconds, granting 100% increased mana regeneration to party and raid members within 10 yards.
- Earth Shield is no longer a Talent and is learned by all Restoration Shamans at level 22.
- Riptide duration is now 18 seconds (was 15 seconds).
- Flame Shock now has an 18 second duration (was 21 seconds).
- Lava Surge proc chance was reduced to 10% (was 15%).
Restoration Shaman Abilities Learned Above Level 50
- Mana Tide Totem (Level 52) — Mana Tide Totem's radius is increased by 100%.
- Healing Tide Totem (Level 58) — Healing Tide Totem lasts an additional 2 seconds.
Restoration Shaman Talent Changes
- New Talent: Surge of Earth (replaces Earth Shield) — Consume up to 3 charges of Earth Shield to heal up to 3 allies near your Earth Shield target per charge consumed.
- Torrent now increases the initial heal from Riptide by 20% (was 30%).
Restoration Shaman Talent Tree
Below is the current talent tree for Restoration Shamans.
- Level 15 Talents: Torrent / Undulation / Unleash Life;
- Level 25 Talents: Echo of the Elements / Deluge / Surge of Earth;
- Level 30 Talents: Spirit Wolf / Earthgrab Totem / Static Charge;
- Level 35 Talents: Ancestral Vigor / Earthen Wall Totem / Ancestral Protection Totem;
- Level 40 Talents: Nature's Guardian / Graceful Spirit / Wind Rush Totem;
- Level 45 Talents: Flash Flood / Downpour / Cloudburst Totem;
- Level 50 Talents: High Tide / Wellspring / Ascendance.
Restoration Shaman Shadowlands Guide
More Patch 9.0.1 Class Changes
You can find other Patch 9.0.1 class changes linked below.
- 23 Nov. 2020: Updated with Rank 2 Chain Lightning and Windfury Totem.
- 16 Nov. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands release.
- 12 Oct. 2020: Updated for the Shadowlands Pre-Patch.
- 06 Sep. 2020: Elemental Shamans gained Maelstrom back.
- 16 Aug. 2020: Updated with Elemental and Enhancement changes from Beta Build 35522.
- 20 Jun. 2020: Reviewed for Alpha Build 34821.
- 16 Jun. 2020: Shaman changes updated with the Alpha Build 34714 rework.
- 09 Jun. 2020: Reviewed for Alpha Build 34615.
- 02 Jun. 2020: Updated intro with links to Anima Powers and Covenant Abilities.
- 25 May 2020: Reviewed for Alpha Build 34490.
- 15 May 2020: Reviewed for Alpha Build 34365.
- 08 May 2020: Reviewed for Alpha Build 34278.
- 30 Apr. 2020: Reviewed for Alpha Build 34199.
- 28 Apr. 2020: Reviewed for Alpha Build 34137.
- 21 Apr. 2020: Page added.
- Riders of Azeroth Spotted in Zaralek Cavern in Patch 10.1
- A Preview of the Druid Crucible Raid Tier Set in Patch 10.1
- To-Do List for Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Week #2
- World Boss Liskanoth Available on Live Servers During the Week of March 28th
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Hotfixes, March 27th: Class Tuning
- A Preview of Sporebat Rock Mounts in Patch 10.1
- A Preview of Death Knight Crucible Raid Set in Patch 10.1
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 DPS Log Rankings for Vault of the Incarnates: Week 1