Windwalker Monk Best Legendaries in Shadowlands — Shadowlands 9.1
Legendary Powers are targetable, unique effects that you can imbue certain base items with through the Runecarving system. In Shadowlands, these enable you to customize your Windwalker Monk, drastically improving your performance, and are arguably the most important aspect of your gear.
The purpose of this page is to help you pick the right legendary powers (and item slots for them) for your character, depending on the content you are interested in.
Introduction: Legendaries in Shadowlands
Legendary Powers are special effects affixed to items in the Shadowlands (through Runecarving). Most of these effects have benefits that are specific to your spec, and others work for all Monk specs. On this page, we will go through the best ones for all types of content. Please refer to our Monk Legendary Powers page and our Runecarving page for more information about these powers.
Best Overall Legendary for Windwalker Monk
This is basically our recommendation for which Legendary to craft first as a PvE player that does a variety of content. It is simply the best Legendary if you could only ever craft one.
Invoker's Delight is currently the best Legendary for all content for any Windwalker Monks who are not Night Fae. The synergy it provides with our other burst windows is perfect, and although Haste is typically not a great stat for Windwalker Monk, the large quantity of it at the time that we get the most use out of it makes this a very powerful Legendary to use.
Best Raiding Legendaries for Windwalker Monk
- Faeline Harmony for all Night Fae Windwalkers.
- Invoker's Delight wins for all content and will be chosen for pretty much any fight in the raid and Mythic Plus.
- Xuen's Battlegear moves up to second place in all situations following the buffs in Patch 9.0.5. Because of its usefulness in AoE and single-target, it now becomes the generally-recommended second Legendary to craft.
- Last Emperor's Capacitor is a highly single-target-focused Legendary that is very strong in Raids due to the emphasis on single-target damage.
- Jade Ignition is a, largely, AoE-focused Legendary that can also be strong in single-target situations where you are already talented into Dance of Chi-Ji, which you likely are to be in most situations.
Best Mythic+ and Torghast Legendaries for Windwalker Monk
This section covers the best Mythic+ and Torghast Legendaries. For this evaluation, we are considering a mix of AoE and single-target, but with a bias towards AoE. As you will see, the best AoE Legendaries are not necessarily the best Mythic+ Legendaries, as you will need to do both at least decently well to be viable in Mythic+.
- Faeline Harmony for all Night Fae Windwalker.
- Invoker's Delight wins for all content and will be chosen for pretty much any fight in the raid and Mythic+.
- Xuen's Battlegear moves up to second place in all situations following the buffs in 9.0.5. Because of its usefulness in AoE and single-target, it now becomes the generally-recommended second Legendary to craft.
- Jade Ignition is a, largely, AoE-focused Legendary that can also be strong in single-target situations where you are already talented into Dance of Chi-Ji, which you likely are to be in most situations. On trash, it provides strong, consistent pressure with multiple targets to generate multiple stacks and get hit by the uncapped explosion.
- Last Emperor's Capacitor is a highly single-target-focused Legendary that is very strong in bosses due to the emphasis on single-target damage but, it will not be very useful on trash with multiple targets.
New Legendaries in Patch 9.1 for Windwalker Monk
The whole Monk class is so far getting 4 new Covenant-specific Legendaries. These Legendaries are only available to Monks of a certain Covenant. Their effects are universal, meaning that they are not specific to any Monk spec.
- Night Fae: Faeline Harmony doubles the chance for Faeline Stomp to reset, increasing the frequency with which you are able to use it. The increased damage done to targets hit is also a considerable increase to the potential for Night Fae Windwalkers. This Legendary is strong enough to take the top spot for Night Fae.
- Kyrian: Call to Arms! summons an additional Xuen when you use Weapons of Order. This Xuen acts entirely like the one summoned by Invoke Xuen, the White Tiger. This option is safely behind Invoker's Delight.
- Necrolord: Bountiful Brew gives you a 1.25ppm chance to hit your target, and those surrounding it, with Bonedust Brew. This is a strong Legendary, made even stronger by Bonedust Brew's new ability to crit. However, it is not currently stronger than Invoker's Delight.
- Venthyr: Sinister Teachings summons a Fallen Order Monk who stays active throughout the duration of Fallen Order. This is enough of an increase to Fallen Order to put this in a near tie with Invoker's Delight for the top spot against Kyrian Windwalkers.
- 28 Jun. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Page Reviewed for 9.0.5; Moved Xuen's Battlegear up to 2nd place following its buffs.
- 20 Nov. 2020: Page created
- J. Allen Brack Game Maker's Notebook Interview From Just Before the Lawsuit
- Patch 9.1 Hotfixes: August 2nd
- Fly Without a Mount, Cast Spells, Even in Instances on BCC PTR!
- Sanctum of Domination Mythic and Heroic DPS Log Rankings, Week 4: A Look At Individual Bosses
- Teldrassil Animated Wallpaper Engine and Fan Art (Both During and Pre-Burning)
- Advanced Nightborne Customization (Fan Concept)
- The Most Popular DPS for Mythic+ in Shadowlands Season 2 (Week of July 27)
- Korthia Rift Treasures Suggested Map, Route and Tips