Windwalker Monk Best Legendaries in Shadowlands — Shadowlands 9.0.5
Legendary Powers are targetable, unique effects that you can imbue certain base items with through the Runecarving system. In Shadowlands, these enable you to customize your Windwalker Monk, drastically improving your performance, and are arguably the most important aspect of your gear.
The purpose of this page is to help you pick the right legendary powers (and item slots for them) for your character, depending on the content you are interested in.
Introduction: Legendaries in Shadowlands
Legendary Powers are special effects affixed to items in the Shadowlands (through Runecarving). Most of these effects have benefits that are specific to your spec, and others work for all Monk specs. On this page, we will go through the best ones for all types of content. Please refer to our Monk Legendary Powers page and our Runecarving page for more information about these powers.
Best Overall Legendary for Windwalker Monk
This is basically our recommendation for which Legendary to craft first as a PvE player that does a variety of content. It is simply the best Legendary if you could only ever craft one.
Invoker's Delight is currently the best Legendary for all content. The synergy it provides with our other burst windows is perfect, and although Haste is typically not a great stat for Windwalkers, the large quantity of it at the time that we get the most use out of it makes this a very powerful Legendary to use.
Best Raiding Legendaries for Windwalker Monk
- Invoker's Delight wins for all content and will be chosen for pretty much any fight in the raid and Mythic Plus.
- Xuen's Battlegear moves up to 2nd place in all situations following the buffs in Patch 9.0.5. Because of its usefulness in AoE and single-target, it now becomes the generally-recommended second Legendary to craft.
- Last Emperor's Capacitor is a highly single-target-focused Legendary that is very strong in Raids due to the emphasis on single-target damage.
- Jade Ignition is a, largely, AoE-focused Legendary that can also be strong in single-target situations where you are already talented into Dance of Chi-Ji, which you likely are to be in most situations.
Best Mythic+ and Torghast Legendaries for Windwalker Monk
This section covers the best Mythic+ and Torghast Legendaries. For this evaluation, we are considering a mix of AoE and single-target, but with a bias towards AoE. As you will see, the best AoE Legendaries are not necessarily the best Mythic+ Legendaries, as you will need to do both at least decently well to be viable in Mythic+.
- Invoker's Delight wins for all content and will be chosen for pretty much any fight in the raid and Mythic+.
- Xuen's Battlegear moves up to 2nd place in all situations following the buffs in 9.0.5. Because of its usefulness in AoE and single-target, it now becomes the generally-recommended second Legendary to craft.
- Jade Ignition is a, largely, AoE-focused Legendary that can also be strong in single-target situations where you are already talented into Dance of Chi-Ji, which you likely are to be in most situations. On trash, it provides strong, consistent pressure with multiple targets to generate multiple stacks and get hit by the uncapped explosion.
- Last Emperor's Capacitor is a highly single-target-focused Legendary that is very strong in bosses due to the emphasis on single-target damage but, it will not be very useful on trash with multiple targets.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Page Reviewed for 9.0.5; Moved Xuen's Battlegear up to 2nd place following its buffs.
- 20 Nov. 2020: Page created
- Burning Crusade Classic Beta Updates: Arena Matchmaking, Title and Gear Changes
- Burning Crusade Classic Release Date? Brief Ad Popup On Battle Net Indicates June 1st
- Children's Week Is Here, May 3rd to May 10th
- Fun Fact: Turtle Polymorph Unique Sleep Interaction
- Castle Nathria 9.0.5 DPS Log Rankings and Analysis, Week 8: Shadow and Arcane Move Up at the Top
- Ve'nari Reputation Paragon Rewards in Patch 9.1
- World of Warcraft's 17th Anniversary Event Rewards
- A Summary of All Patch 9.1 Build 38511 Class Changes