Windwalker Monk DPS Macros and Addons — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2
On this page, you will find a number of useful macros and addons to make your life easier when playing your Windwalker Monk in World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2.
1.1. Generic Macros for Monks
1.1.1. Detox Mouseover Macro
- #showtooltip Detox
- /cast [@mouseover,help,nodead] Detox;Detox
Using this macro will cast Detox on your mouseover target, if they are a friendly player and they are not dead. Otherwise, it will cast Detox on your current target.
1.1.2. Tiger's Lust Mouseover Macro
- #showtooltip Tiger's Lust
- /cast [@mouseover,help,nodead] Tiger's Lust;Tiger's Lust
Using this macro will cast Tiger's Lust on your mouseover target, if they are a friendly player and they are not dead. Otherwise, it will cast Tiger's Lust on your current target.
1.2. Specific Macros for Windwalker Monks
1.2.1. No Fists of Fury Cancelling Macro
- #showtooltip Tiger Palm
- /stopmacro [channeling:Fists of Fury]
- /stopcasting [channeling:Crackling Jade Lightning]
- /cast Tiger Palm
The macro makes it so that you automatically cancel Crackling Jade Lightning if it is channeling, even during the global cooldown. It allows you to spam the next ability even during Fists of Fury's channel without it being cancelled. Change Tiger Palm with the ability you want the macro to work with.
2.1. Generic Addons for Monks
Here, at Icy Veins, we use ElvUI for all our characters. This addon is a complete replacement of the default User Interface. It comes with almost everything you need to perform properly: action bars, cooldown timers, proc display, etc.
We strongly recommend that you get this addon and our forum moderator Pandacho has written a quick configuration guide for it.
2.1.2. Boss Mods: Deadly Boss Mods or Bigwigs
Boss mods are addons that warn you about boss abilities and give you live advice on how to handle some mechanics. We strongly recommend you to get one such addon. At Icy Veins, we mostly use Deadly Boss Mods, the most popular boss mod. A good alternative is Big Wigs.
GTFO is a lightweight addon that notifies you when you are standing in harmful effects or when you are making other such mistakes. It is very useful, even if your boss mod is already alerting you of such things.
2.1.4. Parrot or Mik's Scrolling Battle Text
Parrot and Mik's Scrolling Battle Text are highly customisable addons for displaying floating battle text while in combat (incoming heals, damage of your spells, etc.). They both work very well by default.
2.1.5. Weak Auras
WeakAuras is an extremely useful addon that allows you to have visual effects on your screen, helping you track your buffs, debuffs and cooldowns. It is highly customisable and it can make it much, much easier to keep track of your procs and play your spec more proficiently. It can also be used for a variety of other functions.
2.1.6. Recount / Skada / Details!
Recount is a well known addon that most people use for displaying current DPS or HPS (Healing Per Second). This add-on is not really lightweight, and provides a very high amount of information (and it can sometimes cause issues with performance). It is generally a good option to use Recount for checking what you take damage from and if the share of damage/healing you do with each of your abilities is similar to that of other players of your class.
An alternative to Recount (similar in function, so the choice is personal preference) is Details!.
A lightweight alternative to Recount and Details! is Skada Damage Meter.
2.1.7. Grid and GridClickSets (Optional)
ElvUI comes with decent raid frames. The only real reason for using Grid and GridClickSets is if you want to be able to decurse raid or party members by right clicking their frame in the raid of party frame. If you choose to go with Grid, then you might want to also use GridStatusRaidDebuff.
2.1.8. Omen Threat Meter
Omen Threat Meter is the most popular addon for displaying the current threat levels on your target. We recommend you to use it to avoid taking aggro when the tank is still building up threat on an enemy.
2.2. Specific Addons for Windwalker Monks
Currently, we do not believe that you need any additional addons to play your specialisation to its full potential.
- 24 Jun. 2019: This page has been reviewed for the release of Patch 8.2 and no changes are necessary.
- 15 Apr. 2019: This page has been reviewed and no changes are necessary for the release of the Crucible of Storms raid.
- 10 Dec. 2018: This page has been reviewed for Patch 8.1 and no changes are necessary.
- 03 Oct. 2018: Removed Storm, Earth and Fire macro due to recent hotfix to cancelaura macros.
- 15 Aug. 2018: Added Storm, Earth, and Fire macro.
- Upcoming Arcane Heart Azerite Trait Hotfix
- Disney Investor Thinks Company Should Buy Activision
- WoW Classic Character Creation Opens August 13th
- WoW Classic Addons: AtlasLootClassic
- Eternal Palace Race Day 6: Method Catches Up, Azshara on 52%, Za'qul Comps
- Rextroy Solos King Mechagon
- Where Is My Bee Mount?
- Limit 7/8 World First + Azshara Mythic First Look
- Accessing 7.2.5 class guides?
- Discipline Priest 8.2
- Paladin Leveling Guide
- Windwalker Monk 8.2
- Vengeance Demon Hunter 8.2
- Patch 8.2 Alchemy Changes
- Holy Paladin 8.2
- Beast Mastery Hunter 8.2