Windwalker Monk DPS Spell List and Glossary — Dragonflight 10.1
On this page, we present you with all spells and procs that you need to understand as a Windwalker Monk in World of Warcraft — Dragonflight 10.1.
If you are new to Windwalker, this is a great place to start to get an understanding of how the spec works. On this page we will discuss what abilities you have, what they are used for within the specialization, how they interact with each other and also with important cooldowns. If you already have experience with Windwalker and are comfortable with it in the current expansion, it is recommended you skip this section and move on to the rest of the guide.
Main Resource of Windwalker Monks
Energy and Chi are your two resources as a Windwalker Monk.
Energy is generated passively, with the regeneration speed affected by your Haste. You have a maximum capacity of 100 Energy, and Energy never decays (meaning that your normal state is to have a full Energy bar). Being at maximum capacity causes any additional Energy you would generate to be wasted.
Chi is generated by using Tiger Palm and Expel Harm. You have a maximum capacity of 5 Chi, and Chi decays quickly when out of combat, but it does not decay while in combat. Just like Energy, generating Chi while you are at maximum capacity will cause the new Chi to be wasted.
Most abilities in your rotation cost Chi to use, while Tiger Palm costs Energy. Therefore, properly managing these two resources is essential to doing competitive DPS.
Note that this page simply lists all the different abilities, assuming you are at max level. If you are leveling, check out our dedicated Monk Leveling page, which has detailed information on when you unlock all of these abilities.
Baseline Abilities for Windwalker Monks
- Blackout Kick (BoK) — Deals damage to a single target, reduces the cooldown of Rising Sun Kick and Fists of Fury by 1 second per cast.
- Crackling Jade Lightning (CJL) — Deals damage to a single target at range.
- Expel Harm (EH) — Heals yourself, dealing damage to nearby enemies and generating 1 Chi.
- Leg Sweep (LS) — Stuns enemies around you.
- Provoke — Taunts an enemy to you.
- Resuscitate — Revives an ally outside of combat.
- Roll — Moves a small distance in a direction.
- Spinning Crane Kick (SCK) — Deals damage to all targets in an area around you.
- Tiger Palm (TP) — Deals damage to a single target, generates 2 Chi.
- Touch of Death (ToD) — Deals damage equal to your health to a single target, usable only as certain health thresholds.
- Vivify — Heals a single target.
- Zen Flight — Summons a small cloud that moves at slow mount speed but can fly.
- Zen Pilgrimage — Teleports you back to the Monk Class Hall.
Monk Class Tree Active Abilities
- Soothing Mist (SooM) — Heals your target.
- Rising Sun Kick (RSK) — Deals damage to a single target.
- Tiger's Lust (TL) — Increases your target's speed.
- Disable — Slows your target.
- Detox — Dispels poison and disease on the target.
- Paralysis (Para) — Long crowd control on a target.
- Transcendence — Allows you to teleport from one place to another.
- Spear Hand Strike (SHS) — Interrupts spellcasting
- Fortifying Brew — Reduces damage taken and increases maximum health.
- Chi Burst (CB) — Deals damage to all targets in the line, generates 1 Chi. CHOICE NODE WITH Chi Wave.
- Chi Wave (CW) — Bounces between healing allies and damaging enemies. CHOICE NODE WITH Chi Burst.
- Ring of Peace (RoP) — Knocks back all targets who are in, or who try to enter, an area.
- Diffuse Magic (DM) — Reduces magic damage taken during its duration.
- Dampen Harm (DH) — Reduces all damage taken during its duration.
- Summon Jade Serpent Statue — Drops a statue that channels Soothing Mist when you do.
- Summon White Tiger Statue — Drops a statue that deals pulsing AOE damage.
- Summon Black Ox Statue — Drops a statue that deals pulsing threat and can be Provoked to AOE taunt enemies around it.
Monk Class Tree Passive Abilities
- Improved Roll — Grants an additional charge of Roll.
- Calming Presence (CP) — Passive reduction to damage taken.
- Tiger Tail Sweep (TTS) — Increases the range and reduces the cooldown of Tiger's Lust.
- Vigorous Expulsion (VE) — Increases the healing and critical chance of Expel Harm.
- Improved Vivify — Increases the healing of Vivify.
- Grace of the Crane (GotC) — Passive increase to healing received.
- Vivacious Vivification (VV) — Makes Vivify instant every 10 seconds.
- Ferocity of Xuen — Passive increase to damage done.
- Improved Paralysis — Reduces the cooldown on Paralysis from 60s to 45s.
- Elusive Mists (EM) — Reduces damage you take while channeling Soothing Mist.
- Hasty Provocation (HP) — Increases the speed of any target taunted by Provoke.
- Fast Feet (FF) — Passive increase to damage done by Rising Sun Kick and Spinning Crane Kick.
- Celerity — Reduces the cooldown and grants an additional charge of Roll. CHOICE NODE WITH Chi Torpedo.
- Chi Torpedo (CT) — Replaces Roll with a slightly longer Roll and a stacking movement speed buff after using it. CHOICE NODE WITH Celerity.
- Expeditious Fortification (EF) — Increases armor and dodge while Fortifying Brew is active. CHOICE NODE WITH Ironshell Brew.
- Ironshell Brew (IB) — Reduces the cooldown of Fortifying Brew from 6 minutes to 4 minutes. CHOICE NODE WITH Expeditious Fortification.
- Profound Rebuttal (PR) — Increases the critical healing of Expel Harm.
- Eye of the Tiger (EotT) — Puts a dot on the target when using Tiger Palm that deals damage over time.
- Improved Touch of Death — Allows Touch of Death to be used for more than an execute.
- Strength of Spirit (SoS) — Increases the healing potential of Expel Harm.
- Close to Heart (C2H) — Increases healing taken by yourself and allies around you.
- Escape from Reality (EfR) — Allows more uses of Transcendence to get back to where you teleported away from and increases self-healing after using Transcendence.
- Windwalking — Increases movement speed of yourself and allies around you.
- Fatal Touch (FT) — Reduces the cooldown of Touch of Death by 45 seconds per rank.
- Generous Pour (GP) — Increases the avoidance of yourself and allies around you.
- Save Them All (StA) — Increases healing after healing a target whose health is below 35%.
- Resonant Fists (RF) — Passive AOE damage proc.
- Bounce Back (BB) — Reduces damage taken by big hits.
Windwalker Spec Tree Active Abilities
- Fists of Fury (FoF) — Deals damage to current target and other targets in front of you.
- Touch of Karma (ToK) — Absorbs damage and redirects it to the target.
- Flying Serpent Kick (FSK) — Zooms you forward, can be cancelled early to deal small AOE damage where you land.
- Serenity — Increases damage dealt, makes spenders free, and doubles cooldown speed. CHOICE NODE WITH Storm, Earth, and Fire.
- Storm, Earth, and Fire (SEF) — Splits into clones that zip around tagging targets and copying abilities. CHOICE NODE WITH Serenity.
- Strike of the Windlord (SotW/SotWL) — Deals damage and slows targets in a very very narrow cone in front of you.
- Jade Ignition (JI) — Fists of Fury stacks up charges that are exploded by Spinning Crane Kick.
- Rushing Jade Wind (RJW) — Deals damage to targets around you.
- Invoke Xuen — Summons a glowy kitty to fight with you for a bit.
- Bonedust Brew (BdB) — Gives abilities a chance to deal extra Shadow damage.
- Whirling Dragon Punch (WDP) — Spins up in the air and deals damage around you.
- Faeline Stomp (FLS) — Stomps a line in front of you that deals damage to those hit.
Windwalker Spec Tree Passive Abilities
- Ascension — Increases maximum Chi to 6 and increases energy regen.
- Power Strikes (PS) — Tiger Palm provides an additional Chi and deals additional damage every 15 seconds.
- Widening Whirl (WW) — Increases the range of Spinning Crane Kick.
- Touch of the Tiger (TotT) — Increases the damage of Tiger Palm.
- Hardened Soles (HS) — Increases the damage of Blackout Kick.
- Flashing Fists (FF) — Increases the damage of Fists of Fury.
- Open Palm Strikes (OPS) — Increases the damage of Fists of Fury and gives it a chance to refund 1 Chi.
- Mark of the Crane (MotC) — Increases the damage of Spinning Crane Kick for each target tagged.
- Glory of the Dawn (GotD) — Gives Rising Sun Kick a chance to deal extra damage and refund 1 Chi.
- Shadowboxing Treads (SbT) — Increases the damage of Blackout Kick and allows it to hit extra targets.
- Inner Peace (IP) — Increases maximum energy.
- Meridian Strikes (MS) — Increases the damage and reduces the cooldown of Touch of Death.
- Dance of Chi-Ji (DoCJ) — Proc chance to make Spinning Crane Kick free and deal additional damage.
- Drinking Horn Cover (DHC) — Extends the duration of Serenity and Storm, Earth, and Fire.
- Spiritual Focus (SF) — Reduces the cooldown of Serenity and Storm, Earth, and Fire.
- Hit Combo (HC) — Yes, its back, offering a stacking damage increase.
- Forbidden Technique (FT) — Increases the damage of Touch of Death and allows you to use it a second time after the first.
- Teachings of the Monastery (TotM) — Gives Blackout Kick a chance to reset Fists of Fury and Tiger Palm allows Blackout Kick to hit more times.
- Thunderfist (TF) — Strike of the Windlord grants increased auto attack damage for each target hit.
- Crane Vortex (CV) — Increases the damage of Spinning Crane Kick.
- Xuen's Bond (XB) — Reduces the cooldown and increases the damage of Invoke Xuen, the White Tiger.
- Fury of Xuen (FoX) — Stacking buff that increases Haste and summons Invoke Xuen, the White Tiger after using Fists of Fury.
- Empowered Tiger Lightning (ETL) — Invoke Xuen, the White Tiger deals damage to targets around it.
- Rising Star (RS) — Increases damage of Rising Sun Kick.
- Fatal Flying Guillotine (FFG) — Allows Touch of Death to hit up to 5 targets.
- Last Emperor's Capacitor (Emp Cap) — Provides a stacking buff that increases the damage and reduces the cost of Crackling Jade Lightning.
- Xuen's Battlegear (XBG) — Rising Sun Kick crits reduce the cooldown of Fists of Fury. Casts of Fists of Fury increase the crit chance of Rising Sun Kick.
- Transfer the Power (TtP) — Stacking increase to damage dealt by Fists of Fury.
- Attenuation — Increases damage and reduces cooldown of Bonedust Brew.
- Dust in the Wind (DitW) — Increases radius of Bonedust Brew.
- Skyreach — Increase to crit chance after hitting a target with Tiger Palm.
- Invoker's Delight (ID) — Provides Haste after casting Invoke Xuen, the White Tiger.
- Way of the Fae (WotF) — Increases damage of Faeline Stomp based on targets hit.
- Faeline Harmony (FLH) — Increases reset chance of Faeline Stomp and increases damage dealt to target hit by it.
- 01 May 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1, no changes needed.
- 20 Mar. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.7.
- 24 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Reviewed for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 28 Nov. 2022: Reviewed for Dragonflight launch.
- 25 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
More Monk Guides
Guides from Other Classes
- Dragonflight Patch 10.1 Hotfixes, June 8th
- Mythic+ Tier List in Dragonflight Season 2 (Week 5)
- New Secret of Azeroth Holiday in Patch 10.1.5
- New Quantum Cosmetics Provide Players with Appearances from the Past
- Dragonflight Patch 10.1 Hotfixes, June 7th
- Dragonflight Season 2 Mythic+ DPS Log Rankings, Week 4
- A Preview of Pattie's Cap Mount in Patch 10.1.5
- Micro Menu Artwork Updated in Patch 10.1.5