Windwalker Monk Torghast Guide and Best Anima Powers — Dragonflight 10.0.2
On this page, we tell you all you need to know to prepare your Windwalker Monk before entering Torghast and then how to pick up the right Anima Powers once you are inside!
Torghast as a Windwalker Monk
This page will guide you on how to get the most out of your Windwalker Monk in Torghast, Tower of the Damned. For more information about Torghast, check out our dedicated pages below.
Best Windwalker Monk Setup for Torghast, Tower of the Damned
You can easily import the talent tree below into the game with the following string:
Best Windwalker Monk Anima Powers
Throughout Torghast, you will be met with a ton of different choices when it comes to Anima Powers. Choosing the right one can be difficult, so we have made a Tier List below that should help you make the decision on the fly. This Tier List assumes that the powers are the same level.
Do not follow this list blindly, though, as there is a lot of personal choice and preference involved in choosing your Anima Powers. If you never use Tar Trap in your playstyle, it would be silly to pick an Anima Power that increases its radius, for example.
Torghast is meant to be flexible and fun, so do not feel like you NEED to use these recommendations or you will not be able to complete your run.
For a complete list of Anima Powers, please refer to the two pages below.
Corrosive Dosage: Top Anima Power for Windwalker Monk
It may not make a lot of sense but Corrosive Dosage is probably the strongest Anima Power that Windwalker has access to. Rather unexpectedly this power results in an insane amount of damage while you just stand and heal yourself. Use it at any point chance you can get it.
Great Anima Powers for Windwalker Monk
- 36 Pressure Point Technique
- Balance of the Ox
- Caught by the Dropkicks
- Constellation Star-Chart
- Fatal Flying Guillotine
- Feathers of a Hundred Flocks
- Flowing Chi Rolls
- Hit Scheme
- Stroke of Elegance (Up to 3 stacks)
- Balancing Stave
- Celestial Weapon-Chains
- Haven's Breath
- Scales of Order
- Fading Memory Shards
Good Anima Powers for Windwalker Monk
- Amplified Samples
- Bad Karma
- Celestial Lasso
- Deathtouched Brew
- Shadowboxing Treads
- Technique of the Rushing Tiger
- Tiger and Crane Figurines
- Whirling Stormgem
- Wrist Wraps of the Zen Master
- Grandmaster's Cypher
- Grandmaster's Lesson
- Grandmaster's Mythos
- Anima-Tinged Weapon Oil
- Maw-Darkened Slippers
- Deep Reflection
- Bulging Brew
- Corrosive Carbonation
- Unfiltered Bone Broth
- Staggered Stomps
Bad Anima Powers for Windwalker Monk
- Stroke of Elegance (After 3 stacks)
- Grandmaster's Ultimatum
- Dowsing Rod
- Fae Aftershock
- Fae Footwraps
Non-DPS Increasing Anima Powers for Windwalker Monk
Some of the powers in Torghast do not provide direct increases to your DPS but are there entirely for enjoyment and flavor.
- Grandmaster's Gift
- Grandmaster's Invocation
- Grandmaster's Legacy
- Forgotten Armor of Order
- Cloud of Feathers
- Ever-tumbling Stone
- Fortified Leg Braces
- Rolling Tigers
- Tumbling Rollstone
- Bottled Wind
- Shadowy Essence
If an Anima Power is not in the Tier List above, it is either because we have been unable to test it or find information about its tuning. It will be populated over time as we learn more about them.
Phantasma Anima Powers for Windwalker Monk
Occasionally you will be offered the ability to get Phantasma instead of an Anima Power, or increases to your Phantasma generation. It is hard to evaluate these, but we recommend choosing them when there is no "good" or higher alternative Anima Power.
Windwalker Monk Playstyle for Torghast, Tower of the Damned
Inherently, Windwalker should be pretty strong for Torghast, but it can absolutely be viable and to help you achieve this, we have some tips below.
- Pay attention to how much you pull when you first start, do not pull too much.
- Afterlife is your absolute best friend when it comes to self-healing. Creative and intelligent use of these orbs can make you nigh invincible.
- Windwalker has a lot of tools to control targets, like Leg Sweep and Ring of Peace, so use them liberally to manage the enemies that you pull.
- Although many packs will be AOE focused, do not shy away from saving a large target for a single pull to use your single target focused abilities.
- Several Anima Powers increase the strength or frequency of your defensive abilities pay attention to what you can use more often than usual and make use of the extra uses.
- 25 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
More Monk Guides
Guides from Other Classes
- Everything You Need to Know About Forbidden Reach Catch-Up Gear in Patch 10.0.7
- Dracthyr Racial Mounts Available for Everyone to Purchase in Patch 10.0.7
- Turbulent Timeways Timewalking Event Starts March 29th
- Save 30% on Select Game Services Through April 3rd
- Dragonflight DPS Log Rankings for Vault of the Incarnates, Week 14
- The Forbidden Reach Dragon Glyphs Guide (Exact Locations with TomTom Coords)
- The Most Popular Specializations for Mythic+ in Dragonflight Season 1 (Week 14)
- Bakar Dog Mounts in Patch 10.0.7 Still Remain Shrouded in Mystery