Vault of the Incarnates Raid Guide for Dragonflight (10.0.7)
Vault of the Incarnates is the first raid introduced in the Dragonflight expansion, featuring eight new boss encounters.
- 1. Introduction
- 2. Vault of the Incarnates Lore
- 3. Vault of the Incarnates Raid Release Schedule
- 4. Cross-Faction Mythic Vault of the Incarnates and Hall of Fame Eligibility
- 5. Vault of the Incarnates Raid Entrance Location
- 6. Vault of the Incarnates Bosses
- 7. Vault of the Incarnates Raid Skip
- 8. Group Loot in Vault of the Incarnates
- 9. Loot Trading
- 10. Vault of the Incarnates Item Level Tiering
- 11. Item Level of Loot in Vault of the Incarnates
- 12. Unique Drops in Vault of the Incarnates
- 13. Bind-on-Equip (BoE) Items in Vault of the Incarnates
- 14. Bind-on-Equip Rules in First Weeks of Dragonflight Season 1
- 15. Vault of the Incarnates Class Sets
- 16. Raid Rewards and Achievements
- 17. The Great Vault in Dragonflight
Vault of the Incarnates is the first raid tier of the Dragonflight expansion. It contains 8 bosses and opens on December 12, 2022, on all difficulties.
Vault of the Incarnates Lore
The Primalists breached the Titan prison used to hold the Incarnates for millennia. Within, Raszageth performs a foul ritual to unleash her siblings, so together they can purge the world of the Titans' influence. The champions of Azeroth must assault this impregnable fortress and break their defenses to end this threat. While many could fall, defeat condemns all the realms to the Incarnates' reign of fire and blood.
Vault of the Incarnates Raid Release Schedule
The raid opens the week of December 12, 2022, on all difficulties. Raid Finder Wing 1 will be available one week later on December 19, 2022.. The exact release schedule is as follows:
- Week of December 12: Normal, Heroic, and Mythic Vault of the Incarnates will open with the weekly maintenance in each region.
- Week of December 19: Vault of the Incarnates Raid Finder Wing 1 opens.
- Week of January 2: Vault of the Incarnates Raid Finder Wing 2 opens.
- Week of January 16: Vault of the Incarnates Raid Finder Wing 3 opens.
Cross-Faction Mythic Vault of the Incarnates and Hall of Fame Eligibility
Cross-faction Mythic Vault will be available from the beginning. Hall of Fame entries will require a minimum of 16 out of 20 raiders be from the same guild and faction to be eligible for rewards.
Vault of the Incarnates Raid Entrance Location
The Vault of the Incarnates entrance is located in the eastern part of Thaldraszus at 72, 56.
Do not forget to grab the flight path by talking to Flight Master Nirazal when you get there for the first time while collecting Dragonriding Glyphs.
You can find the exact location on the map below.
Vault of the Incarnates Bosses
Vault of the Incarnates contains 8 bosses. Upon defeating the first boss, Eranog, you may choose to tackle two separate wings containing 3 bosses each before finally confronting Raszageth the Storm-Eater.
- The Primal Council;
- Sennarth, The Cold Breath;
- Dathea, Ascended;
- Kurog Grimtotem;
- Broodkeeper Diurna;
- Raszageth the Storm-Eater.
Vault of the Incarnates Raid Skip
Pick up the Vault of the Incarnates: Break a Few Eggs raid quest from Kalecgos. Collect 3 pieces of Shard of the Greatstaff from Broodkeeper Diurna, the penultimate boss, to complete the quest and unlock the raid skip. (note that the item exists in Heroic and Mythic versions, for unlocking the raid skip in these difficulties).
Group Loot in Vault of the Incarnates
Group Loot is the only method of loot distribution in the raid. There is no option to return to Personal Loot. Certain items like profession reagents may still use Personal Loot where appropriate.
All item level restrictions placed on trading between members of your raid group are entirely removed. while inside the raid, allowing you to trade items with small item level increases that are not upgrades (rings, necklaces).
Vault of the Incarnates Item Level Tiering
Vault of the Incarnates introduces a third item level tier at which items drop (up from 2). 389 is the base item level for Normal difficulty and drops from Eranog, The Primal Council, Sennarth, and Terros. 395 is a new intermediate tier (was previously final bosses) that exists now for Dathea, Ascended and Kurog Grimtotem. 398 is reserved for the final bosses Broodkeeper Diurna and Raszageth.
The item level increases stay within the +13 band for each tier of difficulty with Heroic base starting at 402, Mythic at 415, and so forth.
Item Level of Loot in Vault of the Incarnates
Vault of the Incarnates can be cleared on four difficulties — Raid Finder, Normal, Heroic, and Mythic.
- Raid Finder Difficulty: Item Level 376-385;
- Normal Difficulty: Item Level 389-398;
- Heroic Difficulty: Item Level 402-411;
- Mythic Difficulty: Item Level 415-424.
Unique Drops in Vault of the Incarnates
Certain raid bosses will have one item that intentionally drops at a higher item level (+6 or +7 from a boss's normal table). Such items include unique appearances, items with special bonus effects, or trinkets. The list of Unique Drops is fixed for each boss and will not change.
You will find more information about Unique Drops in our dedicated guide.
Bind-on-Equip (BoE) Items in Vault of the Incarnates
Bind-on-Equip items will drop from 'Lieutenant' enemies once per week per difficulty. Trash mobs will no longer drop BoE items in Dragonflight.
Bind-on-Equip Rules in First Weeks of Dragonflight Season 1
For the first few weeks of Dragonflight Season 1, Bind-on-Equip items will drop as Bind-on-Pickup items in Mythic Difficulty. Other difficulties are not affected by the restriction.
Vault of the Incarnates Class Sets
Tier Sets for the first Dragonflight raid are called Vault of the Incarnates Class Sets.
Set pieces drop as tokens in the raid from the fourth boss onward. Tokens are used to create a Soulbound Vault of the Incarnates Class item appropriate for your class.
- Dreadful tokens are shared between Death Knights, Warlock, and Demon Hunters.
- Mystic tokens are shared between Hunters, Druids, and Mages.
- Venerated tokens are shared between Paladins, Priest, and Shamans.
- Zenith tokens are shared between Warriors, Rogues, Monks, and Evokers.
We have a separate guide covering Tier Sets linked below.
Raid Rewards and Achievements
Renewed Proto-Drake: Embodiment of the Storm-Eater is a Drakewatcher Manuscript that has a small chance to drop from Raszageth on all difficulties and unlocks a new customization option for the Renewed Proto-Drake Dragonriding mount.
The Glory of the Vault Raider meta-achievement rewards the Raging Magmammoth mount.
Players who earn the Hall of Fame: Raszageth the Storm-Eater (Alliance) or Hall of Fame: Raszageth the Storm-Eater (Horde) achievement will receive the Famed Slayer of Raszageth title.
The Mythic: Raszageth the Storm-Eater achievement earned upon defeating the final boss on Mythic difficulty rewards the Storm-Eater title.
After defeating Raszageth on Mythic Difficulty, you will earn the Deep Cuts From the Vault Feat of Strength achievement and receive Gleaming Incarnate Thunderstone. The item unlocks additional visual effects for certain Primalist Raid Tier Sets. If you do not raid, you can obtain the item from Dragonflight Mythic+ Season 1 and Dragonflight PvP Season 1 content.
Ahead of the Curve: Raszageth the Storm-Eater is the Heroic achievement for the first Dragonflight raid tier. You must defeat Raszageth on Heroic difficulty before the release of the next raid tier.
Cutting Edge: Raszageth the Storm-Eater is the Mythic counterpart, requiring players to down the final boss on Mythic difficulty before the release of the next raid.
Lastly, you can obtain the Iskaara Trader's Ottuk mount by looting Terros's Captive Core from Terros and Eye of the Vengeful Hurricane from Dathea, Ascended on any difficulty, and turning both in for the mount at Ottuk Trader Tattukiaka, located at 14, 50 in the Azure Span (Iskaara).
The Great Vault in Dragonflight
The Dragonflight Great Vault requires you to defeat a certain number of raid bosses to unlock item choices in the Raids category. You can find more details about the Great Vault and the requirements in our separate guide.
- 27 Apr. 2023: Fixed some inconsistencies ahead of Patch 10.1.
- 15 Dec. 2022: Source added for the Storm-Eater customization option.
- 12 Dec. 2022: Ottuk mount added to loot rewards.
- 10 Dec. 2022: Various improvemends ahead of Season 1 release.
- 20 Nov. 2022: Updated with Glory mount, achievements, and raid titles.
- 22 Oct. 2022: Raid skip added.
- 11 Oct. 2022: Added Great Vault information and Glory of the Vault Raider mount.
- 05 Oct. 2022: Added more information about Tier Set tokens.
- 03 Oct. 2022: Guide updated with Group Loot and gear trading.
- 01 Oct. 2022: Guide updated with the latest information.
- 19 Jul. 2022: Guide added.
- New Love is in the Air Armor Sets in Patch 10.2.5
- Icy Veins Launches Genshin Impact Guides Section
- Dragonflight Season 3 Mythic+ DPS Log Rankings: Week 2
- Full Trading Post Rotation for December 2023
- New Returning Items Tab for Trading Post Items in Patch 10.2.5
- Will Sylvanas Return in Patch 10.2.5?
- Night Elf Paladin NPC Spotted in Patch 10.2.5
- New Trading Post Mount in Patch 10.2.5 - Savage Blue Battle Turtle