Dragonflight PvP Season 1 Guide (10.0.5)
The following guide covers everything you need to know about Dragonflight PvP Season 1, including gearing, upgrade costs, rewards, and more.
- 1. Introduction
- 2. When Does Dragonflight PvP Season 1 Start?
- 3. War Mode PvP Gear in Dragonflight Season 1
- 4. Drakebreaker's PvP Gear in Dragonflight Season 1
- 5. War Mode Gear Set Bonuses
- 6. Field of Strife PvP Gear in Dragonflight Season 1
- 7. Honor PvP Gear in Dragonflight Season 1
- 8. Honor Gear Purchase and Upgrade Costs in Dragonflight Season 1
- 9. Conquest PvP Gear in Dragonflight Season 1
- 10. What is the Conquest Cap in Dragonflight Season 1?
- 11. Elite Conquest PvP Gear (Cosmetics) in Dragonflight
- 12. Where to Upgrade Gear in Dragonflight Season 1?
- 13. PvP Changes in Dragonflight Season 1
- 14. Arena Map Pools and Rotation in Dragonflight Season 1
- 15. Dragonflight PvP Season 1 Rewards
- 16. The Great Vault (Dragonflight Weekly Chest)
- 17. Shadowlands Vicious Mounts in Dragonflight Season 1
- 18. Where to Buy Marks of Honor in Dragonflight Season 1?
The following guide is dedicated to Dragonflight PvP Season 1. It provides information about the Gear, vendors, and Seasonal rewards.
When Does Dragonflight PvP Season 1 Start?
Dragonflight PvP Season 1 starts on December 13, 2022, on live servers.
War Mode PvP Gear in Dragonflight Season 1
In Dragonflight, we have two types of War Mode gear. Drakebreaker's Gear and Field of Strife Gear.
Drakebreaker's PvP Gear in Dragonflight Season 1
The starter gear you can farm as soon as you hit Level 70 is called Drakebreaker's Gear. You can buy the Gear in Valdrakken from Fieldmaster Emberath with a currency called Bloody Tokens. Enable War Mode, and you will receive tokens from World Quests in the Dragon Isles. Drakebreaker's Gear is Item Level 366.
War Mode Gear Set Bonuses
Wearing 2/4/6 pieces of Drakebreaker's Gear will activate the following set bonuses for your character:
- 2-Piece Bonus: Versatility increased by 105.
- 4-Piece Bonus: When you are stunned, harden your resolve, absorbing up to 51,204 damage for 10 seconds. It cannot occur more than once every 2 minutes.
- 6-Piece Bonus: Killing enemy players grants Breaker's Frenzy, increasing Versatility by 2% and Movement Speed by 2%. Stacks up to 10 times.
Field of Strife PvP Gear in Dragonflight Season 1
Drakebreaker's gear can be further upgraded to Item Level 385 at Corxian. The upgrades require the lower item-level gear pieces sold by Fieldmaster Emberath, additional Trophy of Strife, and Honor.
You can earn Trophy of Strifes from weekly quests offered by Malicia.
Honor PvP Gear in Dragonflight Season 1
Honor PvP gear in Season 1 starts at Item Level 340 (411 in PvP) and has 5 ranks. You can further upgrade it with Honor, but the upgrades only affect the gear's actual Item Level, not PvP Item Level.
The Honor Quartermaster is Seltherex located in Gladiator's Refugee in Valdrakken.
Honor Gear Purchase and Upgrade Costs in Dragonflight Season 1
|Armor Slot||Initial Cost (Item Level 340)||Rank 2 (Item Level 346)||Rank 3 (Item Level 353)||Rank 4 (Item Level 359)||Rank 5 (Item Level 366)|
|Helm, Chest, Legs||875 Honor||500 Honor||625 Honor||1,000 Honor||1,250 Honor|
|Shoulders, Gloves, Feet||700 Honor||400 Honor||500 Honor||800 Honor||1,000 Honor|
|Cloaks, Bracers, Rings, and Belt||525 Honor||300 Honor||400 Honor||600 Honor||750 Honor|
|One-Hand Weapons||875 Honor||500 Honor||625 Honor||1,000 Honor||1,250 Honor|
|Trinkets (Gladiator/DPS)||525/700 Honor||300/400 Honor||375/500 Honor||600/800 Honor||750/1,000 Honor|
|Two-Hand Weapons||1,750 Honor||1,000 Honor||1,250 Honor||2,000 Honor||2,500 Honor|
|Off-Hands||425 Honor||250 Honor||300 Honor||500 Honor||625 Honor|
Conquest PvP Gear in Dragonflight Season 1
Conquest gear starts at Item Level 382 (424 in PvP) and can be further upgraded with Honor. The upgrades will only increase the actual Item Level, and will scale to Item Level 424 in PvP at all ranks.
The Conquest Quartermaster is Calderax.
The exact item cost depends on the item slot.
- Helm, Chest, and Legs cost 875 Conquest.
- Shoulders, Gloves, and Feet cost 700 Conquest.
- Cloaks, Bracers, Rings, and Belt cost 500 Conquest.
- One-Hand weapons cost 900-1,350 Conquest.
- Off-Hands cost 450 Conquest.
- Two-Hand weapons cost 1800 Conquest.
- Trinkets (Gladiator/DPS) cost 525/700 Conquest.
What is the Conquest Cap in Dragonflight Season 1?
The Conquest cap will be entirely removed starting the week of February 14.
Elite Conquest PvP Gear (Cosmetics) in Dragonflight
Glamora is the Elite Conquest Quartermaster in Dragonflight. She sells cosmetic weapons for 5 or 10 Mark of Honor. You must reach 2,4k rating to be able to buy them.
Where to Upgrade Gear in Dragonflight Season 1?
PvP gear can be upgraded with Honor at Corxian in Valdrakken. The NPC can be found near the Elite Conquest Quartermaster.
PvP Changes in Dragonflight Season 1
You can queue for Rated Arena solo in Dragonflight. However, the option is not available for Rated Battlegrounds.
Rated Solo Shuffle has been implemented. Just like in Arenas and Rated In Battlegrounds, players can earn or lose rating in the new Ranked mode. Rated Solo Shuffle also gives credit toward Vicious mounts, weekly Great Vault progress, and Conquest.
The Nokhudon Proving Grounds is a new Arena introduced in Dragonflight.
Arena Map Pools and Rotation in Dragonflight Season 1
Map Pools have been implemented for Rated Arena and Arena Skirmishes in Season 1. Rated Solo Shuffle and Rated Solo Shuffle Brawl will not have rotating map pools at this time.
The map rotation includes 3 buckets with 8 maps each, that will rotate weekly.
|Pool A||Pool B||Pool C|
|Nagrand Arena||Nagrand Arena||Nagrand Arena|
|Dalaran Sewers||Ruins of Lordaeron||Hook Point|
|Tiger's Peak||Tol'Viron Arena||Tiger's Peak|
|Enigma Crucible||Empyrean Domain||Ashamane's Fall|
|Empyrean Domain||Blade's Edge Arena||The Robodrome|
|Ashamane's Fall||Maldraxxus Coliseum||Mugambala|
|Maldraxxus Coliseum||Black Rook Hold Arena||Enigma Crucible|
|Nokhudon Proving Grounds||Nokhudon Proving Grounds||Nokhudon Proving Grounds|
Dragonflight PvP Season 1 Rewards
Vicious Sabertooth is the Vicious mount for Season 1 purchasable with 1 Vicious Saddle that you earn by winning 100 Arena (3v3) matches or 40 Rated Battlegrounds.
The Gladiator mount in Season 1 is a customization option for the Highland Drake Dragonriding mount learned through Highland Drake: Embodiment of the Crimson Gladiator
You will receive Gleaming Incarnate Thunderstone upon earning the Elite: Dragonflight Season 1 achievement. The item unlocks additional visual effects for certain Vault of the Incarnates class set appearances.
The cloak, weapon enchants, and tabard rewards will not be available for their respective Duelist and Elite ranks until later in the season due to unexpected issues.
The Great Vault (Dragonflight Weekly Chest)
The Dragonflight Weekly Chest requires you to earn Honor each week to unlock item choices in the PvP category. You can find more details about the Great Vault and the requirements in our separate guide.
Shadowlands Vicious Mounts in Dragonflight Season 1
You can buy all Shadowlands Vicious PvP mounts from mount quartermasters in Orgrimmar and Stormwind when Season 1 starts.
The mounts cost 1 Vicious Saddle each and include: Vicious War Spider, Vicious War Gorm, Vicious War Croaker, Vicious Warstalker.
Where to Buy Marks of Honor in Dragonflight Season 1?
Honor Quartermaster Seltherex in Valdrakken sells Orboreal Distinguishment for 2,000 Honor. The bag contains 5 Mark of Honor.
- 04 Feb. 2023: Removed Conquest cap.
- 25 Jan. 2023: Updated with item upgrade changes.
- 10 Jan. 2023: Added Orboreal Distinguishment.
- 16 Dec. 2022: Fixed gearing and added upgrade costs.
- 15 Dec. 2022: Arena rotation added.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Updated for Season 1 launch.
- 27 Nov. 2022: Replaced Gladiator Mount Transformation asset.
- 11 Oct. 2022: Updated with link to our Great Vault guide.
- 01 Oct. 2022: Guide added.
- World Boss Bazual Available During the Week of March 22nd
- Baine Cutscene in Patch 10.0.7
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Hotfixes: March 21st
- Orc and Human Heritage Armor Cutscenes
- Primordial Stones in PvP
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Known Issues
- Everything You Need to Know About Patch 10.0.7
- Class Guides Updated for Patch 10.0.7 Launch