Guardian Druid Best Legendaries in Shadowlands — Shadowlands 9.1
Legendary Powers are targetable, unique effects that you can imbue certain base items with through the Runecarving system. In Shadowlands, these enable you to customize your Guardian Druid, drastically improving your performance, and are arguably the most important aspect of your gear.
The purpose of this page is to help you pick the right legendary powers (and item slots for them) for your character, depending on the content you are interested in.
Introduction: Legendaries in Shadowlands
After heading into Torghast, you will be able to create gear with legendary Powers through the new Runecarving system. You can craft and upgrade multiple legendaries, however you can only wear 1 at a time, so it is a good idea to find out which are the best and focus on upgrading those first. Below we will go into detail about which are the best legendary powers to craft and why.
Best Legendaries for Guardian Druid
|Raiding & Mythic+: Purely Defensive Option||The Natural Order's Will||Head or Hands||Castle Nathria (Huntsman Altimor)|
|Mythic+: Mixed Offensive and Defensive Option||Ursoc's Fury Remembered||Legs or Back||Torghast (Coldheart Interstitia, Layer 3+)|
|Torghast||Stable Phantasma Lure||Neck, Wrist, or Back||Torghast (Layer 6+)|
While we will be going into more detail later in the guide, we recommend The Natural Order's Will as the best defensive choice in all content and Ursoc's Fury Remembered for a balanced mix of offensive and defensive power in all content.
For Mythic+ and solo content, Ursoc's Fury Remembered provides both an offensive increase in the bonus Thrash procs and a defensive benefit from the absorb gained. This is a very well-rounded legendary and is great for all content.
Finally, Stable Phantasma Lure is a Torghast-only choice; the increased Phantasma gained will allow you to complete your Anima Power setup quicker and more reliably. You may not want to craft this until you have fully upgraded your other legendaries, as you have limited Soul Ash to spend.
New Legendaries in Patch 9.1 for Guardian Druid
Guardian Druid has 4 new Covenant-specific Legendaries in Patch 9.1:
- Unbridled Swarm — Adaptive Swarm has a 60% chance to split into two Swarms each time it jumps. This is quite weak overall and will see very little use.
- Sinful Hysteria — Each time Ravenous Frenzy is applied its duration is increased by 0.2 seconds. Additionally, Ravenous Frenzy lingers and will not overcome you for 5 seconds after it ends. This could have some use in niche large AoE situations but generally falls in the shadow of Ursoc's Fury Remembered on longer fights.
- Celestial Spirits — The cooldown and duration of Convoke the Spirits is reduced by 50%. Convoke the Spirits has an increased chance to use an exceptional spell or ability. This will only have value on fights where a 1 minute cooldown is superior for example Sludgefist.
- Kindred Affinity — You and your Kindred Spirit each gain a bonus secondary stat based on their Covenant. This bonus is doubled while the bond is empowered. This is the best Covenant Legendary if you are already Kyrian; I would definitely suggest crafting this and finding a strong DPS player to put it on, they will be very appreciative.
Best Overall Legendary for Guardian Druid
While you should always pick the best legendary for the content that you care about the most first, if you desire to participate equally various types of content, we recommend that you pick up either Ursoc's Fury Remembered or The Natural Order's Will, as they are both well-rounded options.
Regardless of the content you are doing, these will each provide comfortable benefits and large power increases.
Best Raiding Legendaries for Guardian Druid
Our goal as tanks for Raiding is first of all to survive, and then to deal as much damage as we can while remaining safe; therefore legendaries that help us achieve both of these goals are rated highly, however in some circumstances we may need to go full defensive if the damage intake is incredibly high or even completely offensive if the damage intake is insignificant.
- The Natural Order's Will provides the best defensive bonus we can get from any of the legendary effects; the 2 bonus Ironfurs and Frenzied Regenerations that we gain each time we cast Barkskin is completely unmatched. We gain a huge armor and healing increase overall and it provides us with an enormously powerful low cooldown defensive to rotate through comfortably.
- Ursoc's Fury Remembered grants Thrash the ability to trigger multiple times, and gain an absorb for 75% of all damage it deals, including DoT ticks. This can be incredibly powerful on encounters with multiple adds active or swarming in from time to time.
- Draught of Deep Focus is a purely single target legendary for us; it has a noteworthy combination with Necrolord's Adaptive Swarm and our Cat-weaving rotation that makes it our highest single target DPS legendary. It is a huge boost to our damage on single target encounters where we can comfortably Cat-weave.
- Luffa-Infused Embrace causes Thrash to deal 20% increased damage, be able to stack 1 additional time, and have 30% increased radius. This is an excellent AoE DPS option.
- Circle of Life and Death makes our damage over time effects deal their damage in 25% less time. This is great on fights where Moonfire is the heavy majority of your breakdown, mainly spread multi-DoT encounters.
Best Mythic+ Legendaries for Guardian Druid
Mythic+ generally involves tanking multiple mobs at the same time, along with hard hitting bosses.
Depending on the level of the key and affixes for the week, you may choose to switch up to a more offensive build or a more defensive build week-to-week and key-to-key.
- Ursoc's Fury Remembered is great for keys where you do not need to go full defensive and will generally cover a hefty majority of your damage intake, reducing your damage taken in a key significantly overall.
- The Natural Order's Will provides an enormous defensive benefit, allows you to save Frenzied Regeneration charges more easily, and is great for hard-hitting bosses.
- Legacy of the Sleeper grants your Berserk/ Incarnation: Guardian of Ursoc 25% increased damage, 15% Leech, and immunity to crowd control effects. This legendary can enable you to pull off some very impressive pulls in Mythic+, the leech will make you almost immortal for the duration. It is great if you are planning to do some extra large pulls with your group.
- Luffa-Infused Embrace is an excellent pure DPS option for maximizing threat if you have some very powerful players in your group.
Best Torghast Legendaries for Guardian Druid
Torghast is quite similar to Mythic+ in the way legendaries are valued for Guardian Druids, however there is a unique Torghast-only legendary that can allow you to progress far further than usual, if that is your goal.
- Stable Phantasma Lure is a special legendary that increases the Torghast-only currency you get by a significant amount. It is great if you are really trying to push high into the Torghast layers, as the powers you can unlock are incredibly strong.
- Ursoc's Fury Remembered can keep you safe while also increasing your damage significantly, and is a great all-round choice.
- Luffa-Infused Embrace will provide you with a huge damage boost and let you smash out the Torghast layers quicker.
- 28 Jun. 2021: Added new Covenant Legendaries.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Moved UFR up to best legendary for Mythic+ due to scaling.
- 20 Nov. 2020: Page added.
- A Different Kind of Letter from Activision Blizzard Executive Fran Townsend
- J. Allen Brack's Internal Email to Blizzard Employees
- Domination Socket Helper Addon
- Sanctum of Domination Mythic Race: The Top 5
- Patch 9.1 Hotfixes: July 22nd
- Activision Blizzard Lawsuit Alleges Sexual Harrasment, Discrimination and More
- Patch 9.1 Hotfixes: July 21st
- Classic Torghast: 0 Score and Getting Stuck With Anima Power