Mage Class Changes in Patch 9.2
General Mage Changes in Patch 9.2
- Harmonic Echo (Kyrian Runecarving Power) now also echoes the damage to the primary target affected by Radiant Spark's Vulnerability.
Frost Mage Changes in Patch 9.2
- Frozen Orb damage reduced by 12%.
- Blizzard damage reduced by 12% and reduces the cooldown of Frozen Orb by 0.25 seconds each time Blizzard deals damage (was 0.5 seconds).
- Comet Storm (Talent) no longer removes Winter's Chill.
Mage Sets in Patch 9.2
Tier Sets are returning in Patch 9.2 and wearing 2 and 4 pieces of the set activates unique set bonuses for each class. You can read more about our guide writers' thoughts on these set bonuses on their respective analysis pages below.
Arcane Mage Tier Set Bonuses in Patch 9.2
- Arcane Mage 2-Piece — Increases your Arcane damage dealt to enemies affected by Touch of the Magi by 10%.
- Arcane Mage 4-Piece — Touch of the Magi's duration is increased by 4 seconds and grants 25% Mana regeneration for 12 seconds.
Fire Mage Tier Set Bonuses in Patch 9.2
- Fire Mage 2-Piece — Increases the duration of Combustion by 2 seconds.
- Fire Mage 4-Piece — While Combustion is active, your Fire Blast and Phoenix Flames recharge 50% faster.
Frost Mage Tier Set Bonuses in Patch 9.2
- Frost Mage 2-Piece — Your spells have a 25% chance to call down a Comet Storm on your target enemy. This effect cannot occur more than once every 20 seconds.
- Frost Mage 4-Piece — Enemies hit by Comet Storm take 2% increased damage from your Frost spells, up to 10% for 8 seconds.
More Patch 9.2 Class Changes
You can find other Patch 9.2 class changes linked below.
- 18 Feb. 2022: Updated for Patch 9.2 release.
- 31 Jan. 2022: Updated for Patch 9.2 Build 42069.
- 25 Jan. 2022: Updated for Patch 9.2 Build 41962.
- 16 Dec. 2021: Guide added.
- Patch 9.2.5 Season 3 Mythic+ DPS Log Rankings: Weeks 3 and 4
- Amazon Twitch Prime Rewards for WoW: Jewel of the Firelord
- Fourth Encrypted Dragonflight Alpha Build on WoW Dev Branch
- Blizzard Entertainment Acquires Spellbreak Development Studio Proletariat
- Accepting Cross-Faction Invites Turns You Hostile to Everyone in PvP Brawls and Battlegrounds
- Level 70 Character Boost Coming in Wrath Classic?
- Warcraft Arclight Rumble Beta Update 0.9.2
- Patch 9.2.5 Hotfixes: June 28th