Warlock Class Changes in Patch 9.2
General Warlock Changes in Patch 9.2
- Summon Succubus has been replaced with Summon Sayaad — Randomly summon your Incubus or Succubus. Warlocks may speak to the Warlock trainers in Stormwind or Orgrimmar to enact a pact with their Incubus or Succubus, ensuring that only they are summoned.
- Contained Perpetual Explosion (Venthyr Runecarving Power) now caps the amount of bonus periodic damage it provides at 275% when hitting 10 additional enemies.
- Deathbolt (PvP Talent) now deals its damage over 3 seconds (was immediate damage). This periodic effect cannot be dispelled.
Demonology Warlock Changes in Patch 9.2
- The duration extension effect from Summon Demonic Tyrant has had its radius increased to 100 yards (was 40 yards) (March 2 Hotfix).
Warlock Pet Ability Changes in Patch 9.2
- Seduction (Pet Ability) now causes the target to slowly walk towards the demon. It now also has a chance to break on damage taken, rather than always breaking on the first instance of damage.
- Whiplash (Pet Ability) now causes enemies to take 1% increased damage from the Succubus or Incubus each time it strikes, stacking up to 10 times. Duration increased to 15 seconds (was 10 seconds).
Warlock Class Sets in Patch 9.2
Tier Sets are returning in Patch 9.2 and wearing 2 and 4 pieces of the set activates unique set bonuses for each class. You can read more about our guide writers' thoughts on these set bonuses on their respective analysis pages below.
Affliction Warlock Tier Set Bonuses in Patch 9.2
- Affliction Warlock 2-Piece — Malefic Rapture's damage is increased by 25% and each cast extends the duration of Corruption, Agony and Unstable Affliction by 2 seconds.
- Affliction Warlock 4-Piece — While Agony, Corruption, and Unstable Affliction are active, your Drain Soul has a 0% chance or Shadow Bolt has a 30% chance to make your next Malefic Rapture cost no Soul Shards and cast instantly.
Demonology Warlock Tier Set Bonuses in Patch 9.2
- Demonology Warlock 2-Piece — Call Dreadstalkers now has a 100% chance to summon an additional Dreadstalker.
- Demonology Warlock 4-Piece — Your Hand of Gul'dan has a 15% chance per Soul Shard to summon a Malicious Imp. When slain, Malicious Imp grants a Soul Shard and will either deal (85% of Spell Power) Fire damage to all nearby enemies of your Implosion or deal it to your current target.
Destruction Warlock Tier Set Bonuses in Patch 9.2
- Destruction Warlock 2-Piece — Every 10 Soul Shards spent grants Ritual of Ruin, making your next Chaos Bolt or Rain of Fire consume no Soul Shards and have no cast time.
- Destruction Warlock 4-Piece — When Chaos Bolt or Rain of Fire consumes a charge of Ritual of Ruin, you summon a Blasphemy for 8 seconds.
More Patch 9.2 Class Changes
You can find other Patch 9.2 class changes linked below.
- 06 Mar. 2022: Demonic Tyrant's radius increased (Mar. 2 Hotfix).
- 18 Feb. 2022: Updated for Patch 9.2 release.
- 06 Feb. 2022: Updated for Patch 9.2 Build 42174.
- 31 Jan. 2022: Updated for Patch 9.2 Build 42069.
- 18 Jan. 2022: Updated for Patch 9.2 Build 41827.
- 16 Dec. 2021: Guide added.
- Free Character Moves from Firemaw
- Shadowlands 9.2 Season 3 Mythic+ DPS Log Rankings, Weeks 10 and 11
- Eyes of the Wolf Calia Menethil Quest in Patch 9.2.5
- Everything We Know About the Shrouded Affix in Shadowlands Season 4
- New Oribos Portals in Patch 9.2.5
- Patch 9.2.5 Build 43741: Achievement Changes
- Patch 9.2 and Burning Crusade Classic Hotfixes: May 17th
- Patch 9.2.5 PTR Development Notes: May 17th