Shaman Class Changes in Patch 9.2
On this page, you will find a list of all Shaman class changes introduced in Patch 9.2.
TABLE OF CONTENTS OF THIS PAGE
General Shaman Changes in Patch 9.2
- Discover 2 new glyphs to chance the appearance of the Ghost Wolf form — Glyph of the Spectral Lupine and Glyph of the Spectral Vulpine.
- Frost Shock damage increased by 40%.
- Flame Shock now has a target cap of 6.
- Elemental Conduit (Venthyr Runecarving Power) now also reduces the cooldown of Chain Harvest by 1 second when Flame Shock critically strikes.
- Splintered Elements (Necrolord Legendary) now increases your Haste by 10% (was 8%) for 12 seconds (was 10 seconds).
- Unruly Winds (Conduit) chance to trigger is now 15% to 50% based on item level (was 20% to 35%).
- Magma Fist (Conduit) additional Critical Strike chance is now 12% to 37.2% based on item level (was 15% to 25%).
- Focused Lightning (Conduit) damage or healing increase is now 5% to 12% based on item level (was 1% to 4.5%).
- Chilled to the Core (Conduit) chance to trigger is now 30% to 72% based on item level (was 21% to 35%).
- The root effect from Earthgrab Totem (PvP Talent) now properly counts absorbed damage when determining if enough damage has been taken to break the root effect.
Elemental Shaman Changes in Patch 9.2
- Chain Harvest (Venthyr Ability) now generates 3 Maelstrom per target damaged or healed.
- Icefury (Talent) now causes your next 4 Frost Shocks to deal 225% increased damage (was 300%).
- Fire Elemental has had the Mana cost of its abilities reduced by roughly 90% and should no longer run out of Mana.
- Storm Elemental's Wind Gust now lasts for the duration of the Elemental instead of 30 seconds.
- Storm Elemental's Wind Gust effect gained from casting Lightning Bolt or Chain Lightning now has a maximum stack of 10 (was 20). Additionally, if you cast Storm Elemental again while having Storm Elemental active, the Wind Gust buff will be reset (March 8 Class Tuning).
Enhancement Shaman Changes in Patch 9.2
- Frost Shock and Flame Shock no longer share cooldowns.
- Crash Lightning Mana cost reduced to 1% Base Mana (was 5.5%).
- Fire Nova Mana cost reduced to 1% of Base Mana (was 5.5%).
- Windfury Totem Mana cost reduced to 1.5% Base Mana (was 12%).
- Lava Lash Mana cost reduced to 0.8% Base Mana (was 4%).
- If you Lava Lash a target that has Flame Shock on them, Lava Lash will now spread Flame Shock to up to 3 nearby enemies in an 8-yard radius. If all enemies in the area are already affected with Flame Shock, it will refresh the duration of Flame Shock instead.
- Feral Spirit no longer shows up under the unit frame totem timers slots. This is to prevent too many Spirits in conjunction with other summons overflowing these slots and despawning spirits prematurely.
- Ice Strike (Talent) and Sundering (Talent) can now properly cause the Flametongue weapon damage effect.
- Ice Strike and Sundering are no longer able to be used while disarmed.
- Healing Surge healing reduced by 29% in PvP combat (was 20%).
Restoration Shaman Changes in Patch 9.2
- Mana regeneration reduced by 60% in PvP combat (was 55%).
- The bonus damage from the Raging Vesper Vortex (Kyrian Runecarving Power) has been reduced by 35% (March 1 Hotfix).
Shaman Class Sets in Patch 9.2
Tier Sets are returning in Patch 9.2 and wearing 2 and 4 pieces of the set activates unique set bonuses for each class. You can read more about our guide writers' thoughts on these set bonuses on their respective analysis pages below.
Elemental Shaman Tier Set Bonuses in Patch 9.2
- Elemental Shaman 2-Piece — While your Fire Elemental is active, your Lava Burst deals 20% additional damage and you gain Lava Surge every 8 seconds.
- Elemental Shaman 4-Piece — Casting Lava Burst extends the duration of your Fire Elemental by 1.5 seconds. If your Fire Elemental is not active, Lava Burst has a 20% chance to reduce its remaining cooldown by 10 seconds instead.
Enhancement Shaman Tier Set Bonuses in Patch 9.2
- Enhancement Shaman 2-Piece — Spending Maelstrom Weapon has a 3% chance per stack to summon a Feral Spirit for 9 seconds.
- Enhancement Shaman 4-Piece — Your Feral Spirits' attacks have a 20% chance to trigger Stormbringer, resetting the cooldown of your Stormstrike.
Restoration Shaman Tier Set Bonuses in Patch 9.2
- Restoration Shaman 2-Piece — Your critical healing increases the Critical Chance of your next Chain Heal by 2%, stacking up to 50 times.
- Restoration Shaman 4-Piece — Your Chain Heal critical hits reduce the remaining cooldown of one of your totems by 2 seconds. Your Healing Stream Totem, Healing Tide Totem, Mana Tide Totem, and Spirit Link Totem now also cast Chain Heal with 100% effectiveness when you drop them.
More Patch 9.2 Class Changes
You can find other Patch 9.2 class changes linked below.
- 06 Mar. 2022: Updated with Raging Vesper Vortex Nerf (Mar. 1 Hotfix).
- 22 Feb. 2022: Updated with some last-minute PvP changes.
- 18 Feb. 2022: Updated for Patch 9.2 release.
- 31 Jan. 2022: Updated for Patch 9.2 Build 42069.
- 18 Jan. 2022: Updated for Patch 9.2 Build 41827.
- 16 Dec. 2021: Guide added.
- New Potential Evoker Spells Added in Patch 10.1 Build 48661
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Hotfixes: March 23rd
- Primordial Stone Hotfix Changes: March 23rd
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 DPS Log Rankings for Vault of the Incarnates: Day 1
- Mythic+ Tier List in Dragonflight Season 1 (Week 15)
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Hotfixes: March 22nd
- Class Set Updates and Clarifications in Patch 10.1: March 22nd
- Dragonflight Patch 10.1 PTR Dev Notes: March 22nd