Razorgore the Untamed Guide: Strategy, Abilities, Loot
Razorgore the Untamed is the first boss you will encounter in Blackwing Lair, and can be found right inside the entrance. Razorgore is one of the harder bosses in the raid, and is a notorious pug killer for having a high coordination requirement.
After you kill him, you will find the next boss, Vaelastrasz the Corrupt in the following room.
Razorgore Summary by Role
- You will want at least 2 full tanks with several more DPS Warriors who are able to off-tank on each add spawn point.
- One of your full tanks should be using the orb to control Razorgore.
- Once Razorgore is attackable, make sure to hold the boss in the center with room for the DPS to use the line of sight available from the pillars at the edge of the room.
- Try to stay close to the center of the room in Phase 1 to be in range of everyone.
- Do not forget about the tank who is controlling Razorgore!
- In Phase 2, try to play near the LoS pillars so you do not need to move as much.
- Ranged should stay in the middle while melee can spread to the spawn points in the corners of the room.
- In Phase 2, make sure you let the tanks generate plenty of threat on Razorgore before attacking.
- Know which pillar you will go to for when you need to use LoS.
General Tips for Razorgore
- Spread out your melee to take care of the smaller adds as they come out in Phase 1.
- Have your ranged DPS and healers more grouped in the center so they can help each point as needed. Specifically, they should rotate when the larger dragonkin adds spawn and need to be killed.
- Have a good LoS spot ready for Phase 2, and make sure to let your tanks get plenty of threat before starting on Razorgore.
- Razorgore is one of the more challenging fights in Blackwing Lair, so do not be afraid to use consumables and world buffs to make the fight that much easier.
Strategy for Razorgore
Razorgore is one of the harder fights in Blackwing Lair, and is a notorious pug-killer due to the high levels of coordination required. Make sure your raid has a well thought out plan going in.
Razorgore is a two phase fight, where the first phase involves using the Orb of Domination on top of the stone platform to have a player mind control Razorgore. That player will then need to run around the room, using Razorgore's abilities to destroy the many dragon eggs around the room. This phase will end when all of the eggs have been destroyed.
You will want to have a tank control Razorgore, since the person controlling Razorgore will be his first target once the mind control link is broken. While the tank is running Razorgore around and destroying his eggs, the rest of the raid will need to protect Razorgore as swarms of orcs and dragonkin will come to attack Razorgore to stop him from killing the eggs. If Razorgore is killed before all of the eggs are destroyed, he will then enrage, instantly wiping your group. You will want to spread out your melee DPS and tanks to the corners of the room, placing them at each spawn point where adds can come into the room. You should have no problems killing the waves of adds, with ranged DPS and healers more towards the center of the room, rotating as needed to help the groups of melee. Ranged specifically should be on the lookout for the larger dragonkin adds that spawn, as they require more focused DPS. As a general order, always prioritize the dragonkin, then the mages, and then the melee adds.
After a few minutes of killing adds and using Razorgore to destroy his eggs, the room should be almost clear. When there are one or two eggs left, the entire raid should run to the same corner of the room where there are pillars that you can LoS behind. The tank controlling Razorgore should then destroy the last few eggs, which will cause the mind control link from the orb to break, and Razorgore will run to attack the tank that was controlling him. This tank should jump down and hold Razorgore towards the middle, but within range of the pillars that the group is hiding behind. Once your tank has built sufficient threat, the raid can begin to attack. From this point on, there are only two main mechanics to watch out for: threat and Fireball Volley. Razorgore will occasionally use a high damage Fireball Volley, which will shoot a Fireball at every person in line of sight. Before he casts this, everyone in the raid besides the tanks should run out of LoS behind one of the pillars, dodging the cast. If the raid can not lose people to the Fireball Volley while also watching their threat, Razorgore should not pose a problem.
- Fireball Volley is Razorgore's Fireball Volley that will shoot a Fireball at every person in his line of sight. You can dodge this cast by not being in LoS of him when it goes off.
Loot from Razorgore the Untamed
Tier 2 Loot
Razorgore drops the Wrists for every class' Tier 2 set.
|Bindings of Transcendence||Wrist||Priest|
|Bracelets of Wrath||Wrist||Warrior|
|Bracers of Ten Storms||Wrist||Shaman|
|Arcane Infused Gem||Trinket (Hunter-only)|
|Gloves of Rapid Evolution||Hands|
|Mantle of the Blackwing Cabal||Shoulder|
|The Black Book||Trinket (Warlock-only)|
|The Untamed Blade||Two-Handed Sword|
- 10 Feb. 2020: Guide added.
- Guides for Burning Crusade Classic Phase 3 Now Live
- Burning Crusade Classic 2.5.3 Development Notes: January 13th
- BCC Phase 3 Season 3 PvP Adjustments
- Burning Crusade Classic Phase 3 Release Schedule
- Burning Crusade Classic Hotfixes: January 12th
- A Dramatic UBRS Hardcore Death and Escape
- Reminder: Burning Crusade Classic Season 2 Ending Soon
- When Your Cat Kills Your Hardcore Character
- Shaman Tank comprehensive guide - Learn how to master World of Warcraft Classic Season of Mastery as a proficient Shaman Tank
- Melee Hunter Guide - Playing World of Warcraft as a Melee Hunter
- Jailer is in ICC!
- A-Whitemane-OHANA 8/10
- Shaman Tank Guide - Playing WoW as a Shaman Tank
- New player interested in TBC - Boost or level?
- Hunter Macros for TBC Cassic?
- Which class are you going to play in Classic and why?