The Mag'har Reputation and Rewards Guide
The Mag'har is a Horde-only Nagrand-based faction in TBC. Most of the reputation with them is obtained by killing Ogres in Nagrand, as well as by doing quests and through repeatable turn-ins.
The Mag'har offers a variety of powerful pre-raid items, as well as many profession patterns, as well as a desirable talbuk mounts.
The Mag'har are a group of Orcs that can be found in both Hellfire Peninsula and Nagrand. Gaining reputation with the Mag'har is exclusive to the Horde, and doing so will allow you access to the unique Talbuk mounts and some useful Leatherworking and Alchemy recipes.
Horde players will begin at Unfriendly reputation and the only way to initially gain reputation is to complete the The Assassin questline in Hellfire Peninsula, which will get you to Neutral and allow access to more quests in Nagrand.
Quests are not the only way to gain reputation, however. Once you have achieved Neutral standing, you will be able to kill Ogres and Kil'sorrow mobs in Nagrand all the way to Exalted. Warbeads can be turned in repeatedly as well, all the way to Exalted, as explained in the sub-section below.
There are only a few quests in Hellfire Peninsula that will grant you reputation with the Mag'har, but it is required to get from Unfriendly to Neutral, which unlocks the bulk of their quests in Nagrand. You must complete The Assassin questline which begins in Thrallmar.
- The Assassin (no reputation gain)
- A Strange Weapon (no reputation gain)
- The Warchief's Mandate (no reputation gain)
- A Spirit Guide (700 reputation)
- The Mag'har (no reputation gain)
- Administering the Salve (500 reputation)
- A Debilitating Sickness (500 reputation
- Finding the Survivors (700 reputation)
- Missing Mag'hari Procession (no reputation gain)
- War on the Warmaul (500 reputation)
- Cho'war the Pillager (700 reputation)
- Proving Your Strength (500 reputation)
- The Impotent Leader (no reputation gain)
- Don't Kill the Fat One (500 reputation)
- Success! (1000 reputation)
- Because Kilrath is a Coward (20 reputation)
- Message in a Battle (500 reputation)
- An Audacious Advance (700 reputation)
- Diplomatic Measures (300 reputation)
- Ruthless Cunning (no reputation gain)
- Message to Garadar (700 reputation)
- The Totem of Kar'dash (700 reputation)
- Murkblood Leaders... (500 reputation)
- Vile Idolatry (500 reputation)
- Murkblood Invaders (500 reputation)
- Bleeding Hollow Supply Crates (500 reputation)
- Standards and Practices (500 reputation)
- Wanted: Durn the Hungerer (700 reputation)
- Wanted: Zorbo the Advisor (500 reputation)
- Wanted: Giselda the Crone (500 reputation)
- He Will Walk The Earth... (150 reputation)
- Once Were Warriors (500 reputation)
- The Missing War Party (50 reputation)
Mobs and Warbeads
In order to reach Exalted with the Kurenai you will be tasked with killing Ogres, Kil'sorrow agents, and turning in Warbeads, since the quests listed above will only get you roughly to Revered. Ogres throughout the zone can all drop Warbeads, while Kil'sorrow NPCs cannot.
- Murkblood Scavengers at Sunspring Post give 2 reputation per kill.
- Murkblood Brutes, Murkblood Putrifiers, and Murkblood Raiders at Sunspring Post give 10 reputation per kill.
- Boulderfist Crushers, Boulderfist Mystics, Boulderfist Mages, and Boulderfist Warriors all grant 10 reputation each and can be found at The Burning Blade Ruins and the North and Southwind Clefts.
- Warmaul Reavers and Warmaul Shamans are located in the Laughing Skull Ruins and give 10 reputation per kill.
- Warmaul Brutes and Warmaul Warlocks can be found at Warmaul Hill and give 10 reputation per kill.
Upon reaching Friendly standing with the Mag'har, Obsidian Warbeads can be turned in to Warden Bullrok to complete the Proving Your Strength quest, which then turns into a repeatable version of itself (More Warbeads!). 10 Warbeads are required for each turn in, and this rewards you with 500 reputation.
Note that these same Warbeads can be turned in for reputation with The Consortium.
Provisioner Nasela is the Mag'har quartermaster and can be found outside of a hut in southwestern Garadar.
|Friendly||Pattern: Netherfury Belt||12|
|Honored||Pattern: Netherfury Leggings||12|
|Honored||Pattern: Drums of Restoration||16|
|Honored||Pattern: Drums of Speed||16|
|Honored||Pattern: Reinforced Mining Bag||5|
|Revered||Band of Ancestral Spirits||18|
|Revered||Talbuk Hide Spaulders||4|
|Revered||Pattern: Netherfury Boots||12|
|Revered||Recipe: Transmute Primal Fire to Earth||8|
|Exalted||Reins of the Cobalt Riding Talbuk||70|
|Exalted||Reins of the Silver Riding Talbuk||70|
|Exalted||Reins of the Tan Riding Talbuk||70|
|Exalted||Reins of the White Riding Talbuk||70|
|Exalted||Reins of the Cobalt War Talbuk||100|
|Exalted||Reins of the Silver War Talbuk||100|
|Exalted||Reins of the Tan War Talbuk||100|
|Exalted||Reins of the White War Talbuk||100|
- 27 May 2021: Guide added.
- Wrath Classic Phase 2 Launching on January 17th
- Naxxramas Achievement Rewards to Remain Available Throughout Wrath Classic
- Patch 3.4.1 PTR Development Notes: January 6th
- Summon Gargoyle Changes on the Wrath Classic PTR
- Ahead of the Curve and Cutting Edge Achievements Coming to Wrath Classic
- No Changes Planned for Ulduar Tier Sets Beyond 6 Item Level Bump
- Wrath Classic Season 1 Ends January 9th
- End-of-Year Blizzard Update