Barbarian Wrath of the Wastes Set Dungeon Guide
Table of Contents
- 1. Overview of the Wrath of the Wastes Set Dungeon
- 2. Tips for the Wastes Set Dungeon
- 3. Build for the Wrath of the Wastes Set Dungeon
- 4. Kanai's Cube
- 5. Changelog
1. Overview of the Wrath of the Wastes Set Dungeon
Take the Pandemonium Fortress Level 1 waypoint in Act V, and walk backwards (not through the teleport, but towards the entrance to the zone). Once you walk up the first flight of stairs leading to The Siege Outpost, the Set Dungeon portal should appear if you have the Wrath of the Wastes 6-piece.
The Wrath of the Wastes Set Dungeon's two unique Primary Objectives are to: 1) Rend 10 different enemies at once 5 times; and 2) Do not take any physical damage for the duration of the dungeon.
The Wrath of the Wastes Set Dungeon is set in a Sescheron-like map, with a starting corridor leading into a courtyard that splits in two directions. Either of them features a dual lane corridor with swinging axe traps, and they connect on the other end in semi-open ruins. A proven tactic is to do a simple counter-clockwise run, doubling up on each trapped corridor slowly and carefully to clear it from enemies.
The Wastes Set Dungeon is populated by three kinds of enemies:
- Fallen Peons — these tiny, swarming critters will be the backbone of your Rend objective. They pose next to no threat, but still inflict physical damage (and can thus cause you to fail the 2nd Objective if you're not careful).
- Pain Mongers — fewer and further between, these lumbering brutes have a powerful but slow and nicely telegraphed melee attack. Keep in mind that even if you can survive their hits, they count as physical damage for the 2nd Objective.
- Wrath Dealer — the unique enemies of the map. They resemble Act 1's Pain Mongers, but also have Plagued and Waller affixes. Plagued will pose no threat to your survival and your objectives, but the Waller can be annoying when setting up a Rend pull; you will ideally be using Illusory Boots to counter this.
2. Tips for the Wastes Set Dungeon
As with most Set Dungeons, a follower is not necessary and might get in the way more than help the situation. Don't be afraid to dismiss your companion.
The biggest stumbling block of this dungeon is the first Primary Objective, setting up 5 10-man Rends. To accomplish this, take your time with bigger trash packs. Once you notice a lot of enemies on the minimap, Sprint through to scout and pull aggro. As a good number of Fallen walk towards you, do a quick Ground Stomp Wrenching Smash — your key to success. Once grouped up and stunned, Rend them with the biggest AoE rune, Ravage. If executed correctly, this will net you 10+ enemy hits.
Refrain from the usual Wastes set gameplay — don't Whirlwind mindlessly around, since any properly geared Barb will kill valuable trash outright. Save Whirlwind once you've made a successful Rend on a pull and you want to clean up the area to move on.
Note that our recommended Whirlwind rune, Hurricane, pulls enemies towards you. Use this sparingly and to your advantage — pulling is a hard CC effect and will interrupt enemy attacks, securing the 2nd Objective.
Take your time with swinging axe traps. The map is medium sized and if you are properly geared for speed, you will have no trouble making the round trip in time. On the flip side, one hit from the axe trap is an automatic failure of the attempt. Time their movement and walk in between accordingly.
3. Build for the Wrath of the Wastes Set Dungeon
|Rend Ravage Whirlwind Hurricane 1 War Cry Charge! 2 Battle Rage Ferocity 3 Ground Stomp Wrenching Smash 4 Sprint Marathon|
|Torso and Pants|
4. Kanai's Cube
- 01 Mar. 2018: Added guide.
- BlizzCon 2018 Diablo Immortal Press Conference Recap
- Deadset's Impressions and Interview on Diablo: Immortal
- Activision Blizzard Q3 2018 Earnings Call
- Recap of Diablo Immortal World and Q&A BlizzCon 2018 Panel
- Update on Planned D4 Announcement at BlizzCon
- Updated - Diablo 4 Supposed to Be Announced At BlizzCon
- All Blizzard Franchises Will Have Mobile Titles
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #28
- Armor/vitality VS damage
- Support Monk
- High level Rift Wizard Build
- Boss Mode Conquest
- How do I not die to a Rift Guardian
- Whirlwind Bul-Kathos Barbarian
- Recycle Guide
- Unhallowed Essence Multishot Demon Hunter