Necromancer Death Nova Build With Trag'Oul
Grasping the essence of his own life forces with the might of the Trag'Oul's Avatar set, this Death Nova build spills forth devastation concocted from the Necromancer's own blood. The base build presented on this page is the Greater Rift Solo Pushing Variation, but this build also has a Nephalem Rift Farming Variation and a Greater Rift Speed Farming Variation; follow the links above to the respective alterations.
The basic skill setup of the Trag'Oul Death Nova Necromancer is displayed below. Read the dedicated Skills page for detailed information on choices, alternatives and build customization.
|Siphon Blood No rune chosen Death Nova Blood Nova 1 Bone Armor Dislocation 2 Frailty Aura of Frailty 3 Blood Rush No rune chosen 4 Simulacrum Blood and Bone|
The required gear setup for the Trag'Oul Death Nova Necromancer is listed below. Check the Gear page for detailed information on choices, alternatives, gemming, Kanai's Cube and Paragon distribution.
- Helm: Trag'Oul's Guise
- Shoulders: Aughild's Power
- Gloves: Trag'Oul's Claws
- Chest: Trag'Oul's Scales
- Belt: Dayntee's Binding
- Pants: Trag'Oul's Hide
- Boots: Trag'Oul's Stalwart Greaves
- Bracers: Aughild's Search
- Amulet: Haunted Visions
- Ring 1: Krysbin's Sentence
- Ring 2: Convention of Elements
- Weapon: Funerary Pick
- Offhand: Iron Rose
Season 28: Altar of Rites
Season 28 comes with the theme of the Altar of Rites — a powerful new account-wide and Season-specific progression system that brings tremendous offensive and defensive buffs to every seasonal character. For virtually all builds and players of all skill levels — from casual to advanced — we recommend progressing through the Altar tree using the path outlined below. The suggested path is geared towards maximum quality of life first, then amplifying damage, and then mopping up the tree with defensive and edge case utility nodes.
Note that while they require reaching them with a Seal, Legendary Potion Powers are not part of the Seal cost system; Potions unlock with a separate resource called Primordial Ashes, obtained from salvaging Legendary or Set items of Primal (red bordered) quality. Upgrade them as soon as possible, and in the order shown below (courtesy of Caleko's Altar of Rites planner).
You can read more on the Altar of Rites, Seals and Legendary Potion Powers in our dedicated Altar of Rites Mechanics guide.
- Legendary Gem 1: Bane of the Trapped
- Legendary Gem 2: Bane of the Stricken
- Legendary Gem 3: Zei's Stone of Vengeance
- Weapon Slot: Bloodtide Blade
- Armor Slot: Mantle of Channeling
- Jewelry Slot: Ring of Royal Grandeur
- 22 Feb. 2023 (gear page): Added Season 28 Altar of Rites recommendations.
- 22 Feb. 2023 (skills page): Skills and passives reviewed for Season 28.
- 22 Feb. 2023 (this page): Added Season 28 Altar of Rites recommendations.
- 26 Aug. 2022 (gear page): Guide added, as well as Season 27 Angelic Crucible recommendations.
- 26 Aug. 2022 (skills page): Guide added, as well as Season 27 Angelic Crucible recommendations.
- 26 Aug. 2022 (this page): Guide added, as well as Season 27 Angelic Crucible recommendations.
More Necromancer Guides
Builds from Other Classes
- Diablo 4 Open Beta Known Issues
- Diablo 4 Beta World Boss Schedule
- How to Redeem Your Diablo 4 Key and Pre-Download the Game
- Diablo 4 Will Not Be on Microsoft's Game Pass
- Diablo 4 Beta FAQ: Download and Start Times, System Specs and More
- Diablo 4 Beta Live Action Trailer and Real Cathedral Mural
- Diablo 4 Open Beta Live Q&A on Twitter Spaces
- Diablo 4 Early Access and Open Beta Rewards