Crusader Roland's Set Dungeon Guide
Welcome to our guide to complete the Roland's set dungeon for Crusaders, a required step to complete the Masters of the Universe Conquest.
Overview of the Roland Set Dungeon
The Roland Set Dungeon is located in Act II, the Road to Alcarnus waypoint. From there, simply head left and down the hill to reach a dead end. The entrance will appear if you have the Rolands 6-piece bonus equipped.
The Roland's Set Dungeon's two unique Primary Objectives are to: 1) Hit 12 different enemies with a single Sweep Attack 7 times; and 2) Spend 300 Wrath in 10 seconds 5 times.
The Rolands Set Dungeon is a tight, interconnected string of caves divided into four roughly circular patterns. A proven attempt path is to go left at the first intersection, following the outer rim of the maze and revealing the minor remaining areas as you pass by each circle.
The Rolands Set Dungeon is populated by four kinds of enemies:
- Shrivel — these small, low health enemies will serve to fuel both Primary Objectives. They populate the majority of the cave map and swarm you in big numbers, allowing you to hit many at once and maintain Wrath reserves through the equipped Golden Flense unique bonus.
- Blood Clan Maulers — fewer and further between, these melee critters can be lured into massive Shrivel pulls for extra numbers on the first Objective.
- Blood Clan Spearmen — these hard-hitting ranged minions can be surprisingly threatening to your health as you try to set up big pulls. Kill them on sight, and don't worry about preserving them for a bigger hit.
- Defender of Legacy — the unique enemies on the map. They resemble Act 3's Blood Clan Mauler trash, but also have a Waller elite affix. They mostly serve as an obstacle for quality pulls with the walls they place, prompting our suggestion for cubing Illusory Boots.
Tips for the Rolands Set Dungeon
As with most Set Dungeons, a follower is not necessary and might get in the way more than help the situation. Don't be afraid to dismiss your companion.
Huge packs of Shrivel trash is piled in various places of the cave's corridors. Either using Condemn Vacuum as per our suggestion, or simply by walking up to them and taking aggro, gather up massive pulls of them. The requirement for 12 sounds deceptively low, so don't be afraid to go for a bigger pull than you think is necessary — there's enough packs in the dungeon to get all 7 massive hits.
It is also recommended that, as soon as you get the 12-enemy hit, you continue swinging and killing nearby stragglers — even if they don't form a big enough pack for another 12 hit. With some luck and a combination of an active Laws of Valor Unstoppable Force and/or Akarat's Champion, you will be able to fulfill the "spend 300 Wrath in 10 seconds" once, thus working on the second Objective simultaneously.
The Rolands set dungeon benefits from toning down your damage — dropping Strength, Crit and Attack Speed from Paragon points, taking out all legendary gems, replacing Rubies in Armor with Diamonds, and even dropping the Emerald from the weapon socket. Toning down your damage prevents your Condemn Vacuum pulls from oneshotting the enemies, making the first objective considerably easier.
Illusory Boots in your armor Cube slot will help considerably with positioning when trying to affect as many enemies as you can with a Sweep Attack, and additionally allow you to ignore the Waller affix of unique enemies in the area.
Build for the Rolands Set Dungeon
|Sweep Attack Blazing Sweep Condemn Vacuum 1 Steed Charge Endurance 2 Provoke Too Scared to Run 3 Laws of Valor Unstoppable Force 4 Akarat's Champion Prophet|
To help you with farming the gear you need for your builds, we have two very useful guides that you can access by clicking the links below: a Salvage Guide to help you quickly check whether or not you can safely salvage a piece of gear and a Legendary Farming Guide to help you efficiently farm legendaries and set items.
|Torso and Pants||
- 18 Feb. 2018: Added guide.
- A Different Kind of Letter from Activision Blizzard Executive Fran Townsend
- Which Class to Play in Season 24?
- All Diablo 3 Season 24 Guides (Patch 2.7.1)
- Behind Ethereal Items in Season 24
- Patch 2.7.1 Now Live on All Platforms
- Diablo II: Technical Alpha Learnings
- Has the Final Diablo 4 Class Already Been Revealed?
- Diablo 3 Season 24 Preview and Start Date