Wizard Meteor Build With LoD
The LoD Meteor Wizard is a high-burst, timing-sensitive build that is able to bring devastating damage in group GR progression. This build excels at clearing massive amounts of grouped up monsters and elites, and brings a mechanically and visually satisfying playstyle to GR pushing — both solo and in parties. The base build presented on this page is the Greater Rift Solo Pushing Variation, but this build also has a Nephalem Rift Farming Variation, Greater Rift Speed Farming Variation, and a Greater Rift Group Trash Killer Variation; follow the links above to the respective alterations.
The basic skill setup of the LoD Meteor Wizard is displayed below. Read the dedicated Skills page for detailed information on choices, alternatives and build customization.
|Spectral Blade Barrier Blades Meteor Star Pact 1 Storm Armor Shocking Aspect 2 Magic Weapon Deflection 3 Teleport Wormhole 4 Black Hole Spellsteal|
- Helm: Mempo of Twilight
- Shoulders: Pauldrons of the Skeleton King
- Gloves: Stone Gauntlets
- Bracers> Ashnagarr's Blood Bracer
- Chest: Aquila Cuirass
- Belt: The Shame of Delsere
- Pants: Blackthorne's Jousting Mail
- Boots: Nilfur's Boast
- Bracers: Ashnagarr's Blood Bracer
- Amulet: Squirt's Necklace
- Ring 1: Convention of Elements
- Ring 2: Halo of Karini
- Weapon: The Grand Vizier
Angelic Crucible Sanctification
Season 27 comes with the theme of Angelic Crucibles — consumable items that empower Legendary items with perfected Ancient-level stats, as well as infuse them with one of three unique, powerful, class-specific abilities at random. For this build, we recommend aiming for the Storm Armor Sanctification, which adds the following power to your build:
- Storm Armor Sanctification: Your Storm Armor charges over 30 seconds. Casting Storm Armor at full charge releases a powerful thunderbolt, instantly killing a random enemy within 30 yards. Bosses and Elites are not killed but take significant damage.
Use Angelic Crucibles on an item that crosses over most (if not all) variants of a build, and is also an item that is relatively harder to perfect than other slots (since sanctifying an item maximizes its stats). In the case of this build, a good candidate for Sanctification is your weapon, The Grand Vizier.
You can read more on Angelic Crucibles and the sanctification process in our dedicated Angelic Crucible Mechanics guide.
- Legendary Gem 1: Bane of the Trapped
- Legendary Gem 2: Bane of the Stricken
- Legendary Gem 3: Legacy of Dreams
- 31 Aug. 2022 (this page): Guide un-retired, thoroughly reworked, and updated to include recommendations for Season 27.
- 31 Aug. 2022 (skills page): Guide un-retired, thoroughly reworked, and updated to include recommendations for Season 27.
- 31 Aug. 2022 (gear page): Guide un-retired, thoroughly reworked, and updated to include recommendations for Season 27.
- 22 Nov. 2019 (this page): Reviewed for Season 19.
- 22 Nov. 2019 (gear page): Reviewed for Season 19.
- 22 Nov. 2019 (skills page): Reviewed for Season 19.
- 23 Aug. 2019 (gear page): Item recommendations have been updated for Season 18.
- 23 Aug. 2019 (this page): Item recommendations have been updated for Season 18.
- 23 Aug. 2019 (skills page): Skills were reviewed and approved for Season 18.
- 17 May 2019 (gear page): Guide was revised with additional recommendations for Season 17.
- 17 May 2019 (this page): Guide was revised with additional recommendations for Season 17.
- 17 May 2019 (skills page): Guide was revised with additional recommendations for Season 17.
- 10 Mar. 2019 (this page): Guide added.
- 10 Mar. 2019 (gear page): Guide added.
- 10 Mar. 2019 (skills page): Guide added.
- The Forgotten Nightmares Diablo Immortal Update
- Diablo 4 Closed End Game Beta Draws Near
- Activision Blizzard Games Coming to Game Pass After Microsoft Acquisition
- Diablo Immortal Content Update: Season 4 Battle Pass, New Raid Bosses and Events
- Best Guides for Diablo 3 Season 27
- Diablo 3 Patch 2.7.4 Now Live
- Will Diablo 4 Pre-Orders & Release Date Be Announced at The Game Awards on December 8th?
- Diablo 4 Quarterly Update: August 2022