Necromancer Corpse Explosion Build With Inarius Set
Basing itself on the skill-agnostic, melee-ranged powers of the Inarius set and stacking a bunch of empowering and synergistic legendary items, the Inarius Corpse Explosion Necromancer provides a powerful and visually striking playstyle that relishes on exploding cadavers. The base one presented on this page is the Greater Rift Solo Pushing Variation, but this build also has a Nephalem Rift Farming Variation; follow the link above to the respective alterations.
The basic skill setup of the Inarius Corpse Explosion Necromancer is displayed below. Read the dedicated Skills page for detailed information on choices, alternatives and build customization.
|Grim Scythe Cursed Scythe Corpse Explosion Close Quarters 1 Bone Spear Blighted Marrow 2 Bone Armor Dislocation 3 Blood Rush Transfusion 4 Land of the Dead Frozen Lands|
The required gear setup for the Inarius Corpse Explosion Necromancer is listed below. Check the Gear page for detailed information on choices, alternatives, gemming, Kanai's Cube and Paragon distribution.
- Helm: Inarius's Understanding
- Shoulders: Inarius's Martyrdom
- Gloves: Inarius's Will
- Chest: Inarius's Conviction
- Belt: Dayntee's Binding
- Pants: Inarius's Reticence
- Boots: Inarius's Perseverance
- Bracers: Ancient Parthan Defenders
- Amulet: The Johnstone
- Ring 1: Krysbin's Sentence
- Ring 2: Convention of Elements
- Weapon: Trag'Oul's Corroded Fang
- Offhand: Lost Time
Season 28: Altar of Rites
Season 28 comes with the theme of the Altar of Rites — a powerful new account-wide and Season-specific progression system that brings tremendous offensive and defensive buffs to every seasonal character. For virtually all builds and players of all skill levels — from casual to advanced — we recommend progressing through the Altar tree using the path outlined below. The suggested path is geared towards maximum quality of life first, then amplifying damage, and then mopping up the tree with defensive and edge case utility nodes.
Note that while they require reaching them with a Seal, Legendary Potion Powers are not part of the Seal cost system; Potions unlock with a separate resource called Primordial Ashes, obtained from salvaging Legendary or Set items of Primal (red bordered) quality. Upgrade them as soon as possible, and in the order shown below (courtesy of Caleko's Altar of Rites planner).
You can read more on the Altar of Rites, Seals and Legendary Potion Powers in our dedicated Altar of Rites Mechanics guide.
- Legendary Gem 1: Bane of the Trapped
- Legendary Gem 2: Gogok of Swiftness
- Legendary Gem 3: Bane of the Stricken
- Weapon Slot: Nayr's Black Death
- Armor Slot: Grasps of Essence
- Jewelry Slot: Wisdom of Kalan
How to get this build going?
In this section, we will briefly go over how to kickstart this build into reality; which items you should aim for with priority when farming and gambling, and what is their relative priority for the functioning of this spec. Note that these suggestions are exclusively aimed at getting you up and running into endgame farming, and might not reflect the gear you need to wear for high-end Greater Rift solo or group pushing. This section also assumes a fresh Season's start, which usually is the point where most players work on assembling their first build with a particular set.
If the Inarius set is part of the Haedrig's Gift for the Season, your simplest and most straightforward path to assembling the build is to complete the Seasonal Journey chapters up to Chapter IV. The Seasonal Journey chapters will gradually give you a complete class-specific set, giving 2-3 pieces for Chapters II, III and IV.
From the pre-game menu, choose and do this week's Challenge Rift. When successfully completed, this weekly event will grant you 5,1 million Gold, 475 Blood Shards, 370 Reusable Parts, 350 Arcane Dust, 125 Veiled Crystals, 35 Death's Breaths, and 15 of each Bounty cache material: Khanduran Rune, Caldeum Nightshade, Arreat War Tapestry, Corrupted Angel Flesh, and Westmarch Holy Water. This will allow you some early Seasonal leeway to extract and reforge items in Kanai's Cube, speeding up the assembly of this build with the items recommended below.
Having some materials at your disposal, either from farming or the Challenge Rift, is particularly important when you get duplicate pieces of your desired set. When you do, you can use Kanai's Cube Skill of Nilfur recipe (10x Forgotten Souls, 10x Death's Breaths, 1x Set item) to convert into another item from the same set. You should never salvage duplicate pieces of a desired set before you have it assembled.
In order to assemble an Inarius Corpse Explosion Necromancer, you should:
- Gather the full 6-piece Inarius set using the advice above, or by spending Blood Shards at Kadala. In order of gamble chance, you should spend for: Shoulders, Boots, Pants, Gloves, Helm, and Chest. A trick you can also use is to gamble for duplicate pieces with an easier gamble chance (i.e., Shoulders) and convert them into another piece from the same set using the Skill of Nilfur recipe in Kanai's Cube.
- Gamble or upgrade rare (Hope of Cain recipe in Kanai's Cube) Gloves for Grasps of Essence. Gambling on a level 1 Necromancer is a great way to get Grasps of Essence for the Cube, as they are the only legendary glove in the gamble pool at that level. The chance to acquire them through gambling and crafting is also pretty high at level 70. They are a build-defining piece for Corpse Explosion Necromancers.
- Upgrade rare One-handed Swords to get In-geom; doing this on a level 1 Demon Hunter alt will improve your chances due to their lowest loot pool of legendary swords. Then, upgrade rare Two-handed Axes for Messerschmidt's Reaver. Both these items are a massive boost to your farming due to the massive Land of the Dead cooldown.
- Upgrade rare One-handed Scythes for Trag'Oul's Corroded Fang and rare Two-handed Scythes for Nayr's Black Death. These are damage-scaling items that will take the build into GRs and allow you to progress the build on the leaderboards.
- Gamble Belts to get Dayntee's Binding and Goldwrap; both are cornerstone protective pieces that will keep you safe in GRs (the former) and standard rifts (the latter).
- Gamble Boots to get Steuart's Greaves for a massive speed boost during farming.
- Do Act I bounties to attain the act-specific Ring of Royal Grandeur from Bounty caches. This will be helpful either in completing the basic set bonus, or mixing other helpful sets in (Aughilds) as described in the Gear page. Bounties will net you the craftable set recipes to begin with, so you will be killing two birds with one stone. Bounties will also net you Avarice Band (Act III), another farming-oriented staple for most builds and classes, this one included.
- While largely undesirable due to high costs, gambling or upgrading rare Jewelry is also possible; Krysbin's Sentence, Convention of Elements, and The Johnstone will all bring massive damage bumps to the build, with other standout pieces that can also substitute or be temporarily helpful in the face of Briggs' Wrath, Unity, or Oculus Ring and The Flavor of Time for your Follower.
- 22 Feb. 2023 (gear page): Added Season 28 Altar of Rites recommendations.
- 22 Feb. 2023 (this page): Added Season 28 Altar of Rites recommendations.
- 22 Feb. 2023 (skills page): Skills and passives reviewed for Season 28.
- 26 Aug. 2022 (skills page): Skills and passives reviewed for Season 27.
- 26 Aug. 2022 (this page): Added Season 27 Angelic Crucible recommendations.
- 26 Aug. 2022 (gear page): Added Season 27 Angelic Crucible recommendations.
- 14 Apr. 2022 (gear page): Guide reviewed for Season 26.
- 14 Apr. 2022 (skills page): Guide reviewed for Season 26.
- 14 Apr. 2022 (this page): Guide reviewed for Season 26.
- 03 Dec. 2021 (gear page): Thoroughly reworked for Season 25.
- 03 Dec. 2021 (this page): Thoroughly reworked for Season 25.
- 03 Dec. 2021 (skills page): Thoroughly reworked for Season 25.
- 19 Nov. 2020 (skills page): No changes necessary for Season 22.
- 19 Nov. 2020 (this page): Added S22 Cube recommendation.
- 19 Nov. 2020 (gear page): Added S22 Cube recommendation.
- 12 Mar. 2020 (gear page): No changes necessary for Season 20.
- 12 Mar. 2020 (this page): No changes necessary for Season 20.
- 12 Mar. 2020 (skills page): No changes necessary for Season 20.
- 22 Nov. 2019 (gear page): Reviewed for Season 19.
- 22 Nov. 2019 (skills page): Reviewed for Season 19.
- 22 Nov. 2019 (this page): Reviewed for Season 19.
- 23 Aug. 2019 (skills page): Reviewed for Season 18.
- 23 Aug. 2019 (gear page): Reviewed for Season 18.
- 23 Aug. 2019 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 18.
- 12 May 2019 (this page): Guide was revised for Season 17.
- 12 May 2019 (gear page): Guide was revised for Season 17.
- 12 May 2019 (skills page): Guide was revised for Season 17.
- 18 Jan. 2019 (gear page): Added suggestions for the baseline Ring of Royal Grandeur for Seasonal characters.
- 18 Jan. 2019 (this page): Guide was revised with additional recommendations for Season 16.
- 18 Jan. 2019 (skills page): Information was reviewed and approved for Season 16 with no changes required.
- 20 Sep. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 15.
- 14 Jun. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 14.
- 27 Oct. 2017 (this page): Minor changes for Patch 2.6.1.
- 26 Jun. 2017 (this page): Guide added.
More Necromancer Guides
Builds from Other Classes
- Diablo 4 Patch Notes: June 3rd
- Race to World First 100 Hardcore and Softcore, June 4th: Level 90!
- Potential PlayStation Invalid License Error Fix
- Diablo 4 Early Access Is LIVE!
- The Final Day: Early Access Diablo 4 Launch Player Hype
- Seasonal Legendaries and Uniques Will Come to Eternal Realms At the Same Time
- 40 Important Diablo 4 Glossary Terms Explained Quickly (Video)
- Official Diablo 4 Hardcore Level 100 Contest Updated to Exclude Those With Preview Codes