Demon Hunter Unhallowed Essence Set Dungeon Guide
Welcome to our guide to complete the Unhallowed Essence set dungeon for Demon Hunters, a required step to complete the Masters of the Universe Conquest.
Overview of the Unhallowed Essence Set Dungeon
The Unhallowed Essence Set Dungeon is located in Act II, the Howling Plateau. Take the waypoint and go to the left, backtracking through the canyon as if you were returning to Caldeum. Past the canyon and into the small clearing, near an overturned cart, the Set Dungeon portal will open if you have the UE 6-piece bonus equipped.
The Unhallowed Essence Set Dungeon's two unique Primary Objectives are to: 1) Hit 20 enemies with a single Multishot 6 times; and 2) Never drop below 50% Discipline.
The Unhallowed Essence Set Dungeon is a Pandemonium Fortress tileset — a narrow, looping corridor with three open areas and a few dead ends. A proven attempt path is clearing the first section, then going counter-clockwise while still finishing off the few deadends encountered along the way.
The Unhallowed Essence Set Dungeon is populated by several kinds of enemies:
- Spiderlings and Blood Hatchlings — these low-health, low-threat trash will be the main source of the first Objective as they are spread in generous clusters across the map (mainly the wider square platforms).
- Arachnid Horrors, Webspitter Spiders, Frost Lurkers — these higher-health monsters come in smaller packs and can contribute to a 20-man hit, but will mostly serve to annoy you with their slowing web attacks.
- Unhallowed Champion — the unique enemies of the map. They resemble Act 1's Toxic Lurkers, but also have the Illusionist and Vortex affixes. The former can be helpful for a 20-man hit, since the illusions add to the counter.
Tips for the Unhallowed Essence Set Dungeon
With a rather large hit requirement on the first Objective, 20 monsters per Multishot, you have to be careful not to introduce extra sources of damage into your build that might eliminate one or more targets prior to the shot. We advise you to dismiss your companion, drop the regular UE build staples like Vengeance, the Trail of Cinders rune on Vault, and even the Arsenal rune from Multishot itself.
You should add as much mobility as you can into the build, since you are going to traverse a decently sized map. Try not to overdo it, however — by default, all Demon Hunter mobility skills cost Discipline, and it will be easy to go and lose track of resources and fail the 2nd Objective. While you can do the occasional Smoke Screen Displacement, do the vast majority of your movement via Vault Tumble, and convert its cost to Hatred via the Danetta set ( Danetta's Revenge and Danetta's Spite). Replenish lost hatred with an occasional pop of the Bat Companion active.
Focus your attempts at the first Objective when you encounter the larger, open square areas. Ideally, you will get 2 20-man hits each, with plenty more (but harder to clump up) packs along the way if you miss one. With the great DH mobility, you have plenty of time to set up pulls, so do not go trigger-happy as soon as you encounter a pack. Note the low aggro rate of the Spiderlings, which easily lose interest in following you — set up your pulls patiently.
Build for the Unhallowed Essence Set Dungeon
|Evasive Fire Focus Multishot Wind Chill 1 Preparation Invigoration 2 Smoke Screen Displacement 3 Vault Tumble 4 Companion Bat Companion|
To help you with farming the gear you need for your builds, we have two very useful guides that you can access by clicking the links below: a Salvage Guide to help you quickly check whether or not you can safely salvage a piece of gear and a Legendary Farming Guide to help you efficiently farm legendaries and set items.
|Torso and Pants|
- Weapon Slot: In-geom
- Armor Slot: Pride's Fall
- Jewelry Slot: Elusive Ring
- 02 Mar. 2018: Added guide.
- BlizzCon 2023 in Coming on Nov 3-4
- World Boss Ashava Spawn Times on the Diablo 4 Server Slam
- Diablo 4 World Boss Ashava Solo Hardcore Kill at Level 20
- Necromancer Skeletons Buffed in Diablo 4 Server Slam
- Icy Veins is Getting a New Look
- Diablo 4 Server Slam: Known Issues List
- Diablo 4 Post-Launch Updates: What to Expect?
- Get Diablo 4 with Select GeForce RTX 40 Series