Witch Doctor Helltooth Set Dungeon Guide
Welcome to our guide to complete the Helltooth set dungeon for Witch Doctors, a required step to complete the Masters of the Universe Conquest.
Overview of the Helltooth Harness Set Dungeon
The Helltooth Harness Set Dungeon is located in Act I, The Royal Crypts. Take the waypoint to that location and start making your way inwards, towards the Skeleton King fight. Just right of the entrance to the Skeleton King fight, past the prison-like bars, the entrance to the Helltooth Harness Set Dungeon will appear if you have the Helltooth Harness 6-piece set bonus active.
The Helltooth Harness Set Dungeon's two unique Primary Objectives are to: 1) Kill 20 enemies with a single Wall of Death 4 times; and 2) Do not take any Poison damage.
The Helltooth Harness Set Dungeon is a rather large cave tileset that is made of two major sections, a B-shaped and a P-shaped tunnel respectively. A proven attempt path is to complete the B-shaped area in its entirety first, and then moving off to the offshoot P-shape tunnel. Note the areas on the map where the tunnel gets larger, and try to use them in your run to lure enemies for the 1st Objective.
The Helltooth Harness Set Dungeon is populated by the following enemy types:
- Accursed and Betrayed — entire swarms of this fast-moving, hard hitting melee trash populate the vast majority of this cave. When lured correctly, they will make up the majority of your 20-man hit requirements.
- Skeletal Beasts and Anarchs — while rarer, both of these trash types have highly damaging melee attacks that can threaten your survival as you try to set up pulls of Accursed trash. Try to eliminate them individually if possible.
- Helltooth Provocateur — the unique enemies of the map. They resemble Act IV's Corrupted Angel trash, but also have the Poison Enchanted and Wormhole affixes. If you follow our gear recommendations below, nothing that elite can throw at you will jeopardize the dungeon clear.
Tips for the Helltooth Harness Set Dungeon
Helltooth is arguably the most annoying of the Witch Doctor set dungeons, as its success is influenced by factors outside of your control — namely, the way RNG distributes the monster packs (Set Dungeons' layout and composition is uniform, but monster placement is random). The Accursed and Betrayed trash that you need to use for the 1st Objective hit hard and drop or get aggro on a whim, so you are a bit at the mercy of luck. Try to lure as many monsters as you can into the wider cave areas on the map (note their location from the screenshot above). As a rule of thumb, if you do not get 2 out of 4 20-man hits in the first third of the dungeon (the initial two wider caves), just restart the dungeon to avoid frustration.
Choosing the right gear and skillset for the set dungeon can improve your experience a lot. Most importantly, taking both In-geom and Shukrani's Triumph to cover the lengthy empty sections of the cave with a single extended Spirit Walk will be very helpful. On the flip side, excluding a seemingly desirable Wall of Death-related legendary will eliminate the chance for bugging out the 1st Objective, which will not count the extra activations as a "single" cast. Finally, taking a wide AoE, relatively long-lasting rune like Communing with Spirits will give you a better chance at catching good pulls.
To follow on the topic of gear being highly influential, your 2nd Objective ("Do not take any Poison damage") can be practically negated with a single item, either worn or cubed: Mara's Kaleidoscope. Considering the density of Accursed and Betrayed trash (which explode into poisonous clouds upon death) and the Poison Enchanted affix of the local elites, this item will transform the set dungeon from a barely survivable bullet hell into a mildly annoying RNG run.
Build for the Helltooth Harness Set Dungeon
|Poison Dart Spined Dart Wall of Death Communing with Spirits 1 Soul Harvest Soul to Waste 2 Spirit Walk Severance 3 Piranhas Piranhado 4 Horrify Stalker|
To help you with farming the gear you need for your builds, we have two very useful guides that you can access by clicking the links below: a Salvage Guide to help you quickly check whether or not you can safely salvage a piece of gear and a Legendary Farming Guide to help you efficiently farm legendaries and set items.
|Torso and Pants||
- 05 Mar. 2018: Added guide.
- Diablo 3 Summer Sale: Up to 50% Off!
- Community Perception of the Season 21 Buff
- Season 21 Buff Not Active on Consoles
- All Diablo 3 Season 21 Class Guides (Patch 2.6.9)
- Barbarian, Crusader and Demon Hunter Season 21 Guides Are Live
- Necromancer Simulacrum Hotfix: Patch 2.6.9a
- The Rat Is Dead: Long Live the Demon Hunter Speed Meta
- Which Class to Play in Diablo 3 Season 21? Solo, Group and Speedfarm Rankings
- Generator Necromancer (Patch 2.6.4)
- Thorns Crusader (Patch 2.6.4)
- Demon Hunter Hungering Arrow with GoD
- Tempest Rush Monk (Patch 2.6.4)
- Rathma Mages Necromancer (Patch 2.6.4)
- Barbarian Leveling and Fresh 70
- Masquerade Bone Spear Necromancer
- Demon Hunter Marauder Support with GoD