Demon Hunter Multishot Build with Marauder
Merging the sentry-driven Marauder set playstyle with the immense AoE coverage of Multishot, this Demon Hunter variant takes the best of both worlds into an automated engine of screen-wide destruction. This guide will cover all of its available playstyles. The base build presented on this page is the Greater Rift Solo Pushing Variation, but this build also has a Nephalem Rift Farming Variation and a Greater Rift Speed Farming Variation; follow the links above to the respective alterations.
The basic skill setup of the Marauder Multishot Demon Hunter is displayed below. Read the dedicated Skills page for detailed information on choices, alternatives, and build customization.
|Evasive Fire Focus Multishot Arsenal 1 Vengeance Dark Heart 2 Vault Tumble 3 Companion Wolf Companion 4 Sentry Polar Station|
The required gear setup for the Marauder Multishot Demon Hunter is listed below. Check the Gear page for detailed information on choices, alternatives, gemming, Kanai's Cube and Paragon distribution.
- Helm: Marauder's Visage
- Shoulders: Marauder's Spines
- Gloves: Marauder's Gloves
- Chest: Marauder's Carapace
- Belt: Captain Crimson's Silk Girdle
- Pants: Captain Crimson's Thrust
- Boots: Marauder's Treads
- Bracers: Wraps of Clarity
- Amulet: Squirt's Necklace
- Ring 1: Focus
- Ring 2: Restraint
- Weapon: Yang's Recurve
- Offhand: Bombardier's Rucksack
- Legendary Gem 1: Bane of the Trapped
- Legendary Gem 2: Enforcer
- Legendary Gem 3: Zei's Stone of Vengeance
How to Get This Build Going?
In this section, we will briefly go over how to kickstart this build into reality; which items you should aim for with priority when farming and gambling, and what is their relative priority for the functioning of this spec. Note that these suggestions are exclusively aimed at getting you up and running into endgame farming, and might not reflect the gear you need to wear for high-end Greater Rift solo or group pushing. This section also assumes a fresh Season's start, which usually is the point where most players work on assembling their first build with a particular set.
If the Marauder set is part of the Haedrig's Gift for the Season, your simplest and most straightforward path to assembling the build is to complete the Seasonal Journey chapters up to Chapter IV. The Seasonal Journey chapters will gradually give you a complete class-specific set, giving 2-3 pieces for Chapters II, III and IV.
From the pre-game menu, choose and do this week's Challenge Rift. When successfully completed, this weekly event will grant you 5,1 million Gold, 475 Blood Shards, 370 Reusable Parts, 350 Arcane Dust, 125 Veiled Crystals, 35 Death's Breaths, and 15 of each Bounty cache material: Khanduran Rune, Caldeum Nightshade, Arreat War Tapestry, Corrupted Angel Flesh, and Westmarch Holy Water. This will allow you some early Seasonal leeway to extract and reforge items in Kanai's Cube, speeding up the assembly of this build with the items recommended below.
Having some materials at your disposal, either from farming or the Challenge Rift, is particularly important when you get duplicate pieces of your desired set. When you do, you can use Kanai's Cube Skill of Nilfur recipe (10x Forgotten Souls, 10x Death's Breaths, 1x Set item) to convert into another item from the same set. You should never salvage duplicate pieces of a desired set before you have it assembled.
In order to assemble a Marauder Multishot Demon Hunter, you should do the following.
- Gather the full 6-piece Shadow set using the advice above, or by spending Blood Shards at Kadala. In order of gamble chance, you should spend for: Shoulders, Pants, Boots, Gloves, Helm, and Chest. A trick you can also use is to gamble for duplicate pieces with an easier gamble chance (i.e., Shoulders) and convert them into another piece from the same set using the Skill of Nilfur recipe in Kanai's Cube.
- Gamble Quivers for Bombardier's Rucksack and Dead Man's Legacy. Bombardier's Rucksack is essential for Marauder playstyles, as it extends the Sentry cap by 2 turrets — and your overall damage dealt scales with their number. Dead Man's Legacy bolsters your damage and enables a lot of upfront burst, which is useful for the lower health enemies in regular difficulties farming.
- Upgrade rare (Hope of Cain recipe in Kanai's Cube) Bows to get Yang's Recurve. This is a build-defining weapon that greatly assists in your resource management, as well as your damage.
- Gamble Belts for Zoey's Secret, which is a tailored damage reduction tool for Marauder Demon Hunters — providing 63% DR with all the Companions at your side. While gambling Belts, you can also stumble into Goldwrap, which is a cornerstone standard rift farming item that makes you nearly invulnerable as you pick up gold.
- Gamble Bracers for Wraps of Clarity. If you followed our Beginner Seasonal advice, you might have gambled them at level 1 — as they are the solitary legendary bracer that DHs can gamble for from the get-go. Gambling on Bracers will also net you other staple farming legendaries like Warzechian Armguards (for yourself) and Nemesis Bracers (for your Follower).
- Do Act I bounties to attain the act-specific Ring of Royal Grandeur from Bounty caches. This will be helpful either in completing the basic set bonus, or mixing other helpful sets in (Cpt. Crimson) as described in the Marauder Multishot Demon Hunter Gear page. Bounties will net you the craftable set recipes to begin with, so you will be killing two birds with one stone. Bounties will also net you Avarice Band (Act III), another farming-oriented staple for most builds and classes, this one included.
- While largely undesirable due to high costs, gambling or upgrading rare Jewelry is also possible; the Bastions of Will set ( Focus and Restraint), Elusive Ring and Convention of Elements will all bring massive value to the build, with other standout pieces that can also substitute or be temporarily helpful in the face of Stone of Jordan, Squirt's Necklace, or Oculus Ring and The Flavor of Time for your Follower.
- 13 Apr. 2022 (this page): Guide reviewed for Season 26.
- 13 Apr. 2022 (gear page): Guide reviewed for Season 26.
- 13 Apr. 2022 (skills page): Guide reviewed for Season 26.
- 09 Dec. 2021 (skills page): Overhauled the guide for Season 25's changes.
- 09 Dec. 2021 (gear page): Overhauled the guide for Season 25's changes.
- 09 Dec. 2021 (this page): Overhauled the guide for Season 25's changes.
- 18 Nov. 2020 (gear page): Added S22 Cube recommendation.
- 18 Nov. 2020 (skills page): Revised generator skill recommendation to fit the cubed Odyssey's End via the Season 22 cube changes.
- 18 Nov. 2020 (this page): Added S22 Cube recommendation.
- 30 Jun. 2020 (gear page): No changes required for Season 21.
- 30 Jun. 2020 (this page): No changes required for Season 21.
- 30 Jun. 2020 (skills page): No changes required for Season 21.
- 12 Mar. 2020 (gear page): No changes necessary for Season 20.
- 12 Mar. 2020 (this page): No changes necessary for Season 20.
- 12 Mar. 2020 (skills page): No changes necessary for Season 20.
- 21 Nov. 2019 (skills page): Reviewed for Season 19.
- 21 Nov. 2019 (this page): Reviewed for Season 19.
- 21 Nov. 2019 (gear page): Reviewed for Season 19.
- 23 Aug. 2019 (skills page): Reviewed for Season 18.
- 23 Aug. 2019 (gear page): Reviewed for Season 18.
- 23 Aug. 2019 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 18.
- 16 May 2019 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 17.
- 16 May 2019 (gear page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 17.
- 16 May 2019 (skills page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 17.
- 17 Jan. 2019 (skills page): Information was reviewed and approved for Season 16 with no changes required.
- 17 Jan. 2019 (this page): Guide was revised with additional recommendations for Season 16.
- 17 Jan. 2019 (gear page): Added suggestions for the baseline Ring of Royal Grandeur for Seasonal characters.
- 20 Sep. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 15.
- 24 Jun. 2018 (this page): Added the guide.
- 24 Jun. 2018 (skills page): Added the guide.
- 24 Jun. 2018 (gear page): Added the guide.
- Diablo Immortal Reaches Over 10 Million Downloads
- Diablo Immortal Hotfixes: June 6th
- Diablo Immortal Known Issues, Hotfixes, and Patch Notes for PC Open Beta
- Don't Forget to Turn on Auto Loot in Diablo: Immortal
- Diablo Immortal Blizzard Store Update and Health Potion Collector's Box
- New Diablo Immortal Wings and Pet in Diablo 3
- Diablo Immortal Guides and News Section Launch
- Diablo: Immortal Launch Guide: Global Release Times, PC Pre-Download and More