Barbarian Immortal King Set Dungeon Guide
Welcome to our guide to complete the Immortal Kings set dungeon for Barbarians, a required step to complete the Masters of the Universe Conquest.
Overview of the Immortal King Set Dungeon
The Immortal King Set Dungeon is located in Act III, The Ruins of Sescheron. Teleport to that location, and once there head straight across the bridge connecting to the keep. Once you enter the ruined hall, take a U-turn to the right; the entrance should appear almost immediately, as it stands next to the smoldering fireplace. Remember that you need to have the Immortal King 6-piece bonus equipped.
The Immortal King Set Dungeon's two unique Primary Objectives are to: 1) Kill every Elite while the 4000% damage bonus from the 6-piece bonus is active; and 2) Kill 150 enemies while imbued with the Wrath of the Berserker form.
The Immortal King Set Dungeon is a sewer tileset of interlocked squares. There is no predetermined path required to clear this challenge — simply make a point to explore the entirety of this rather small map in order not to miss mobs.
The Immortal King Set Dungeon is populated by four kinds of enemies:
- Winged Assassins — these fast moving, swarming trash enemies will fuel the majority of your second Primary Objective as they come in great numbers and are foolish enough to come straight into the Barb's melee range.
- Anarchs and Exorcists — these harder hitting, stronger trash enemies will provide some extra killing material for your objectives. When properly geared, even the Anarch's charge attacks or the Exorcists' lightning should not pose much of a threat.
- King's Guarsdians — the unique enemies of the map. They resemble Act 5's Punisher trash, but also have a Mortar affix. They are tied to your first Primary Objective, killing elites while having the IK 6-piece damage buff, so pay extra attention when encountering them.
Tips for the Immortal King Set Dungeon
The Immortal King Set Dungeon is arguably the easiest of the bunch for the class. You can use any of the IK-based builds provided here on Icy Veins to complete it, but our general recommendation is to use a Hammer of the Ancients-based build as a common, recognizable and easy-to-play choice.
Still, always keep in mind your first Primary Objective requirements. The number of elites on the map is fixed and you will need to kill them all while the Immortal King 6-piece bonus is active, meaning you have to be under the effects of both Wrath of the Berserker and have Call of the Ancients summons active. Simply summon the Ancients at the start of the run, and make sure you spend enough Fury to reset the cooldown of Wrath of the Berserker to be up for every elite. To ensure you always have Fury to spend and prep the next Berserker, we advise that you swap the Nerves of Steel cheat death from the standard build (unnecessary in a Set Dungeon) for the passive resource regeneration of Unforgiving.
Build for the Immortal King Set Dungeon
|Furious Charge Merciless Assault Hammer of the Ancients Smash 1 Battle Rage Bloodshed 2 War Cry Veteran's Warning 3 Wrath of the Berserker Insanity 4 Call of the Ancients Together as One|
To help you with farming the gear you need for your builds, we have two very useful guides that you can access by clicking the links below: a Salvage Guide to help you quickly check whether or not you can safely salvage a piece of gear and a Legendary Farming Guide to help you efficiently farm legendaries and set items.
|Torso and Pants|
- 01 Mar. 2018: Added guide.
- Blizzard Working on an Unannounced Open-World RPG Shooter
- Blizzard on Recent Diablo 2 Server Outages
- Wyatt Cheng on Lessons Learned During Diablo 3 Development
- Connection Issues Continue to Plague Diablo 2 Servers
- Diablo 2: Resurrected Patch 10.12 Notes, October 12th
- Diablo 2 Server Connection Issues: October 11th
- Diablo 4's New Game Director is Joe Shelly
- Diablo 4 Quarterly Update: October 2021