Season 19 Tier List: Solo Greater Rift Push Build Rankings
This page goes over the current state of each class in respect to their solo clearing capabilities and provides a full ranking of each build currently available on the site.
Top Solo Pushing Builds for each Class
With patch 2.6.7, several items that modify Rend have been buffed, brining forth this build as a potential top Barbarian build and one of the top S-Tier builds overall. On non-seasonal, some players have already pushed a GR 140 since the release of the patch, making this the top performing Barbarian build to date. Barbarian is still a bit of a dark horse, however, as the class did receive numerous buffs to several other items, most notably the addition of the new items buffing Seismic Slam and the Hammer of the Ancients item buffs. There could easily be an upset in this category before the end of the season, but the Rend build is sure to be extremely competitive.
While some classes have several close builds in the top tiers, Crusader has the only "God-Tier" build this season with Heaven's Fury and the addition of the new set, Aegis of Valor. This build can easily be considered the strongest solo pushing build of all time for any class, and is sure to dominate the ladders this season.
Demon Hunters have potentially the most diverse build list out of any class for high tier builds, but currently Rapid Fire stands as the top since its debut during the Season of Nightmares. With no changes to Demon Hunter this season, it stands to reason that the leaderboards will look similar, which would put this build on top, with Impale and Multishot trailing by a few GR levels. It is also worth noting that the Natalya set variant of this build is extremely close in power.
Monk is the other class besides Crusader to get a new set this season, but sadly the Patterns of Justice set is nearly as strong as the corresponding Crusader set. However, several other Monk items did receive buffs, including the Tempest Rush items, making Tempest Rush builds in line to dominate the season. While this can be run with the new set, the extra Sweeping Wind stacks that you gain from the Vengeful Wind buffs actually makes Sunwuko the better set to use.
With the nerfs this patch to the Thorns Necro build, Corpse Lance is back on top. Necromancer has been infamous about mainly utilizing LoD builds since the Season of Nightmares, with the Thorns, Corpse Lance, and Singularity Mage builds all doing well.
With no changes to Witch Doctor this season, the Poison Dart build that has become a staple of the Witch Doctor Ladder should reign supreme. Both the Zunimassa and LoD versions of this build are close in power, but the Zunimassa variant is better.
Wizard is the only class that has two top builds because the answer changes depending on where you are at with gear, Paragon levels, and proficiency. The Bazooka Wizard build has the highest potential push ceiling, but really requires extremely good gear and high Paragon levels to really take off. Bazooka has been part of the group meta for awhile now, but really does not make its entrance into the solo ladder until much later in the season when people have more gear. Additionally, it is extremely difficult to play perfectly and is quite punishing when you make rotational errors. Vyr's Archon on the other hand is great at all levels, and is still quite strong late into the season, usually ending even or just behind Bazooka. These builds both have their pros and cons, but the difference is too situational and too close to call to really pick a top build between them.
Full Build Tier List
With the exception of GodTier, the difference between the tiers below is roughly equal to 5 GR levels. Also remember that builds evolve and adapt, and the tier list below will almost certainly end up over or undervaluing some builds as they play out over the season. This list is by now means set in stone, and has plenty of room for change as we learn more about the new builds.
This is not a normal tier, and this is one that should not normally exist. This season, "God-Tier" is necessary because of one build: Heaven's Fury Crusader. The new Crusader set and the supporting items necessary to buff Heaven's Fury offers a build more powerful than anything ever seen in Diablo 3, a build that does it all. With this build you are build like a tank, capable of living through anything and everything even up to GR 150. Not only is it one of the most durable builds, but it also does incredibly amounts of damage, both to trash and to Rift Guardians. Simply put, this build has no weaknesses.
- Wrath of the Wastes Rend Barbarian
- Bazooka Wizard
- Vyr Archon Wizard
- Sunwuko Tempest Rush Monk
- LoD Blessed Shield Crusader
- Zunimassa Poison Dart Witch Doctor
- Might of the Earth Seismic Slam Barbarian
For A-Tier and below, builds will no longer be placed in order. There are too many builds that are too close in power to have an accurate ranking between builds within the same tier.
- Raekor HotA Barbarian
- LoN HotA Barbarian
- Thorns Invoker Crusader
- LoD Rapid Fire Demon Hunter
- Natalya Rapid Fire Demon Hunter
- LoD Wave of Light Monk
- LoD Corpse Lance Necromancer
- Jade Harvester Witch Doctor
- LoD Thorns Necromancer
- LoD Poison Dart Witch Doctor
- Patterns of Justice Tempest Rush Monk
- Leap Quake Barbarian
- Whirlwind Barbarian
- Furious Charge Barbarian
- LoD Condemn Crusader
- Akkhan Condemn Crusader
- N6M4 Demon Hunter
- Impale Demon Hunter
- Unhallowed Essence Multishot Demon Hunter
- Sunwuko Wave of Light Monk
- Rainment Generator Monk
- LoD Singularity Mage Necromancer
- Pestilence Corpse Lance Necromancer
- Arachyr Firebats Witch Doctor
- DMO Frozen Orb Wizard
- Tal Rasha Meteor Wizard
- Immortal Kings HotA Barbarian
- Blessed Hammer Crusader
- Sweep Attack Crusader
- Marauder Sentry Demon Hunter
- Marauder Multishot Demon Hunter
- Uliana Exploding Palm Monk
- Rathma Singularity Mage Necromancer
- Inarius Generator Necromancer
- LoD Spirit Barrage Witch Doctor
- Gargantuan Witch Doctor
- Lightning Archon Wizard
- 23 Nov. 2019: Page added.
- Diablo 4 GamesRadar Hands On - Death Kits, Difficulty and More
- Path of Diablo (2) Season 9 Brings a New Skill, Widescreen Support, Trade 2.0 and More
- Crusader Solo GR 150, 12 Mins with Great Commentary
- Season 20 PTR and Balance Blog Timing + All Diablo 3 Season Durations
- Diablo 4 Vs. 3 Vs. 2 Graphics and Art Style Comparisons
- Warcraft 3: Reforged and StarCraft 2 Join the ESL
- Quarterly Updates on Diablo IV in 2020
- Old Diablo 3 Forums Shutting Down Today
- Impale Demon Hunter (Patch 2.6.4)
- Fever Clan recruiting for Season
- (Seasonal)StoneClan is recruiting casual D3 players for seasonal play
- Rend Barbarian (Patch 2.6.4)
- LoN Corpse Lance Necromancer (Patch 2.6.5)
- LoN Singularity Necromancer (Patch 2.6.4)
- Demon Hunter The Thrill Conquest
- Efficient Regular Rifts Guide