Season 21 Tier List: Solo Greater Rift Push Build Rankings
This page goes over the current state of each class in respect to their solo clearing capabilities and provides a full ranking of each build currently available on the site.
Top Solo Pushing Builds for each Class
With patch 2.6.7, several items that modify Rend were buffed, brining forth this build as a the top Barbarian build and one of the top S-Tier builds overall. In the past couple of seasons and on non-seasonal, this build has dominated the leader boards for Barbarian while also being relatively easy to play, making it an excellent build for players looking to pick up Barbarian for the first time. There are no Barbarian changes in this new patch, so the solo Barbarian meta should not change, and the Rend Barbarian will reign supreme.
In Season 19 the Aegis of Valor set was introduced, and proceeded to dominate the solo leader boards both on seasonal and non-seasonal. At the time this was ranked as the only "God-Tier" build in the game, but with the 2.6.8 patch and Season 20, the build was nerfed slightly, bringing it back in line with the S-Tier builds. In Season 21, this build will once again see a nerf, but it will not be nearly enough to dethrone the Heaven's Fury Crusader. This build is still a powerhouse in solo pushing, as well as the best RGK in the game for high tier greater rifts.
In Patch 2.6.9, Demon Hunters gained the new Gears of Dreadlands set (GoD), which is based around using generators. The new set, combined with some substantial buffs to supporting items has led to the new Hungering Arrow generator build using the new set, which is far and away the strongest Demon Hunter build in the game. Demon Hunter will have an excellent start in Season 21 with the Impale build from Haedrig's Gift, but after a few days, you will see the Hungering Arrow build take over the leader boards. This build offers the highest baseline movement speed and a playstyle similar to the Whirlwind or Rend Barbarian builds, which makes it great for both speed and pushing. If you are looking to try something new in Season 21, the Demon Hunter is an excellent choice.
Monk received no changes this patch, so it is safe to say that the Tempest Rush builds will reign supreme. The Patterns of Justice and the Sunwuko variations of the Tempest Rush channeling build are have been fighting for the top spot during Seasons 19 and 20, but the answer changes depending on where you are in the season. Early on with sub 1500 paragon and lower levels of gear (not full ancient), PoJ will be superior. However, once you get those higher levels of paragon and gear, Sunwuko's will eventually overtake PoJ and be the better set.
Necromancer is the second class receiving a new set in Season 21, but sadly the new Necromancer set is not used in any strong solo-pushing builds. You will be able to use the set in speed farming, but, for pushing, you will still be looking towards LoD for the strongest builds. In Season 21, thanks to the changes to Haunted Visions, the LoD Posion Scythe build utilizing Grim Scythe has emerged as the go-to pushing build for Necromancer. This build is extremely powerful and a nice change, finally giving Necromancer a pushing build that is quite durable and does not use any long cooldowns.
Witch Doctors received some amazing changes for Season 20, particularly with the new addition of the Mundunugu's Regalia set. This set uses Spirit Barrage to deal massive AoE damage, and has proven to be the most powerful Witch Doctor build to date by far, potentially being used in the group meta for non-seasonal as a trash clearing build. This build did receive some substantial nerfs coming into Season 21 by reclassifying the phantasms to not be pets anymore, but this build was already so far ahead of every other Witch Doctor build that it should have no trouble retaining its spot as the top pushing build for Witch Doctors.
Wizards did not receive any changes coming into Season 21, so we can expect the meta to stay mostly the same. While the LoD Hydra Wizard build did look like it would take the top spot in Season 20, the emergence of the new multi-element variant of the Archon build provided enough innovation that the Archon build was able to surpass the Hydra build, cementing it as the dominant Wizard solo-pushing build.
Full Build Tier List
The difference between the tiers below is roughly equal to 5 GR levels. Also remember that builds evolve and adapt, and the tier list below will almost certainly end up over or undervaluing some builds as they play out over the season. This list is by now means set in stone, and has plenty of room for change as we learn more about the new builds.
- GoD Hungering Arrow Demon Hunter
- Aegis of Valor Heaven's Fury Crusader
- Wrath of the Wastes Rend Barbarian
- LoD Poison Scythe Necromancer
- Sunwuko Tempest Rush Monk
- Mundunugu's Regalia Spirit Barrage Witch Doctor
- Vyr Archon Wizard
For A-Tier and below, builds will no longer be placed in order. There are too many builds that are too close in power to have an accurate ranking between builds within the same tier.
- Patterns of Justice Tempest Rush Monk
- LoD Corpse Explosion Necromancer
- LoD Hydra Wizard
- LoD Blessed Shield Crusader
- Raekor HotA Barbarian
- LoN HotA Barbarian
- Thorns Invoker Crusader
- LoD Rapid Fire Demon Hunter
- Natalya Rapid Fire Demon Hunter
- LoD Wave of Light Monk
- Impale Demon Hunter
- LoD Singularity Mage Necromancer
- LoD Corpse Lance Necromancer
- Jade Harvester Witch Doctor
- LoD Thorns Necromancer
- LoD Poison Dart Witch Doctor
- Zunimassa Poison Dart Witch Doctor
- LoD Spirit Barrage Witch Doctor
- Might of the Earth Seismic Slam Barbarian
- Horde of the Ninety Savages Frenzy Barbarian
- Typhon's Veil Hydra Wizard
- N6M4 Demon Hunter
- GoD Bola Demon Hunter
- Leap Quake Barbarian
- Whirlwind Barbarian
- Furious Charge Barbarian
- LoD Condemn Crusader
- Akkhan Condemn Crusader
- Unhallowed Essence Multishot Demon Hunter
- Sunwuko Wave of Light Monk
- Rainment Generator Monk
- Pestilence Corpse Lance Necromancer
- Arachyr Firebats Witch Doctor
- DMO Frozen Orb Wizard
- Tal Rasha Meteor Wizard
- Immortal Kings HotA Barbarian
- MotBC Bone Spear Necromancer
- Blessed Hammer Crusader
- Sweep Attack Crusader
- Marauder Sentry Demon Hunter
- Marauder Multishot Demon Hunter
- Uliana Exploding Palm Monk
- Rathma Singularity Mage Necromancer
- Inarius Generator Necromancer
- Gargantuan Witch Doctor
- Lightning Archon Wizard
- 01 Jul. 2020: Slight adjustments to the tier list.
- 29 Jun. 2020: Updated for Season 21.
- 09 Mar. 2020: Updated for Season 20.
- 23 Nov. 2019: Page added.
- Possible Diablo 3 Season 22 Delay and Diablo 4 Q3 Update
- Diablo Lilith Statue Arrives to Buyers Ahead of October 16
- Remastered Diablo Intro Cinematic
- 10,000+ Stacks of the Seasonal Buff, With No End in Sight! Wudijo Goes Crazy Stackin'
- Double Bounties Buff Only Available to Seasonal Characters
- S21 Rank 1 4-man GR 150 Runs for US, EU and Asia: Sub-4 Minute Achieved!
- The Pacifist Run: Player Finishes Diablo 3 Story Without Doing Anything (No Attacking, Abilities or Followers)
- Diablo PC Review from 1997
- Masquerade Bone Spear Necromancer
- Mundunugu Spirit Barrage Witch Doctor
- What is the best class for doing lots of GR (greater rifts)
- PoJ Tempest Rush Monk
- Holy Shotgun Crusader (Patch 2.6.4)
- Monk Inna's Mantra Set Dungeon
- Archon Wizard (Patch 2.6.4)
- Impale Demon Hunter (Patch 2.6.4)