Season 20 Tier List: Solo Greater Rift Push Build Rankings
This page goes over the current state of each class in respect to their solo clearing capabilities and provides a full ranking of each build currently available on the site.
Top Solo Pushing Builds for each Class
With patch 2.6.7, several items that modify Rend were buffed, brining forth this build as a the top Barbarian build and one of the top S-Tier builds overall. In season 19 and on non-seasonal this build has dominated the leader boards for Barbarian while also being relatively easy to play, making it an excellent build for players looking to pick up Barbarian for the first time. With the new 2.6.8 patch, Barbarian is one of the classes that will be getting a new set with the Horde of the Ninety Savages set, but sadly this new set has been under performing on PTR and is not anywhere near the power level of the Rend Barbarian.
In Season 19 the Aegis of Valor set was introduced, and proceeded to dominate the solo leader boards both on seasonal and non-seasonal. At the time this was ranked as the only "God-Tier" build in the game, but with the new 2.6.8 patch and Season 20, the build has been nerfed slightly, bringing it back in line with the S-Tier builds. This will still remain the strongest Crusader build going into Season 20, but should be solidly in the S-Tier instead of well above it.
Demon Hunters have potentially the most diverse build list out of any class for high tier builds, but Rapid Fire has as the top build since its debut during the Season of Nightmares. However, with Season 20 being the Season of the Forbidden Archives, players will be able to slots any piece of gear into any of the three Kanai's Cube slots, meaning a player could potentially slot 3 weapons into the cube. While still unclear, this holds enormous potential for Demon Hunter with the adaptation of the N6M4 build to use Multishot as its main damage source, combined with Yang's Recurve and Dead Man's Legacy in the newly available extra cube spots.
Monk received no changes this patch, so it is safe to say that the Tempest Rush builds will reign supreme. The Patterns of Justice and the Sunwuko variations of the Tempest Rush channeling build are have been fighting for the top spot during Season 19 with no clear winner on way or the other. There are pros and cons to each, but ultimately these two builds share the top spot as being the best Monk builds going into Season 20.
While Necromancer did not receive any changes in the new patch, they are the class that will benefit the most from the seasonal buff of being able to use Kanai's Cube however they wish. Necromancer has one of the strongest arrays of widely applicable weapons that they could apply to almost any build. Allowing them two additional weapon slots should bring tons of power to the class, but the current top performer is the brand new Poison Nova Necromancer build that uses Death Nova in combination with Nayr's Black Death and the other Necromancer weapons for some insane modifiers. This spec has been dominating the group leader boards as the best trash clearing spec, and should prove to be the best solo Necromancer build in Season 20.
Witch Doctors received some amazing changes for Season 20, particularly with the new addition of the Mundunugu's Regalia set. This set uses Spirit Barrage to deal massive AoE damage, and has proven to be the most powerful Witch Doctor build to date by far, potentially being used in the group meta for non-seasonal as a trash clearing build. This build is both extremely powerful and fast, making it an excellent choice for a build to play in Season 20.
With the new patch, Wizard has both gained and lost a build. Bazooka Wizard is finally dead, which means Wizard no longer has a cemented place in the group meta. For solo play, this gives room for new builds to emerge, which in Season 20 will be the new Hydra builds with the new class changes. Wizard is receiving both a new set and some buffed supporting items aimed at making use of Hydras as their main damage source. On the PTR the new set has unfortunately not been working out well due its clunky mechanic of losing Hydra heads every time you take damage, but the new LoD variant of the build has proven to be exceptionally strong, and will almost certainly be taking the top spot for Wizards in Season 20.
Full Build Tier List
The difference between the tiers below is roughly equal to 5 GR levels. Also remember that builds evolve and adapt, and the tier list below will almost certainly end up over or undervaluing some builds as they play out over the season. This list is by now means set in stone, and has plenty of room for change as we learn more about the new builds.
Now that the Aegis of Valor Crusader build has been brought back in line with the other S-Tier builds, there is no more need for a tier above the S-Tier.
- Mundunugu's Regalia Spirit Barrage Witch Doctor
- Aegis of Valor Heaven's Fury Crusader
- Wrath of the Wastes Rend Barbarian
- LoD Hydra Wizard
- Patterns of Justice Tempest Rush Monk
- Sunwuko Tempest Rush Monk
- LoD Poison Nova Necromancer
For A-Tier and below, builds will no longer be placed in order. There are too many builds that are too close in power to have an accurate ranking between builds within the same tier.
- Vyr Archon Wizard
- N6M4 Demon Hunter
- LoD Blessed Shield Crusader
- Typhon's Veil Hydra Wizard
- Raekor HotA Barbarian
- LoN HotA Barbarian
- Thorns Invoker Crusader
- LoD Rapid Fire Demon Hunter
- Natalya Rapid Fire Demon Hunter
- LoD Wave of Light Monk
- LoD Singularity Mage Necromancer
- LoD Corpse Lance Necromancer
- Jade Harvester Witch Doctor
- LoD Thorns Necromancer
- LoD Poison Dart Witch Doctor
- Zunimassa Poison Dart Witch Doctor
- LoD Spirit Barrage Witch Doctor
- Might of the Earth Seismic Slam Barbarian
- Horde of the Ninety Savages Frenzy Barbarian
- Leap Quake Barbarian
- Whirlwind Barbarian
- Furious Charge Barbarian
- LoD Condemn Crusader
- Akkhan Condemn Crusader
- Impale Demon Hunter
- Unhallowed Essence Multishot Demon Hunter
- Sunwuko Wave of Light Monk
- Rainment Generator Monk
- Pestilence Corpse Lance Necromancer
- Arachyr Firebats Witch Doctor
- DMO Frozen Orb Wizard
- Tal Rasha Meteor Wizard
- Immortal Kings HotA Barbarian
- Blessed Hammer Crusader
- Sweep Attack Crusader
- Marauder Sentry Demon Hunter
- Marauder Multishot Demon Hunter
- Uliana Exploding Palm Monk
- Rathma Singularity Mage Necromancer
- Inarius Generator Necromancer
- Gargantuan Witch Doctor
- Lightning Archon Wizard
- 09 Mar. 2020: Updated for Season 20.
- 23 Nov. 2019: Page added.
- The Best WarCraft Meme(s) of All Time
- Challenge Rift 145 Guides
- Blizzard Sending Out Classic Burning Crusade Character Creation Surveys
- Diablo Community Manager Nevalistis Leaves Blizzard
- Challenge Rift 144 Guides
- Blizzard Provides Staff with Care Packages During Lockdown
- Rod Ferguson's Diablo 4 Tweets, Art Director Images
- Challenge Rift 143 Guides
- PoJ Tempest Rush Monk
- Immortal King's Call Set
- Rend Barbarian (Patch 2.6.4)
- Mundunugu Spirit Barrage Witch Doctor
- Zoltun Kulle Journey trouble
- Holy Shotgun Crusader (Patch 2.6.4)
- Years of War Conquest
- Typhon Hydra Wizard