Wizard Frozen Orb Build With Tal Rasha
Tal Rasha's Elements set is one of the signature sets in the Diablo franchise, and has been used in numerous builds and metas over the years in its Diablo 3 iteration. In an ultimate callback to the Sorceresses of yore, the Tal Rasha Frozen Orb playstyle offers a high risk, high reward long range playstyle that requires skill to pull off, but offers very rewarding gameplay when executed correctly. The base one presented on this page is the Greater Rift Solo Pushing Variation, but this build also has a Nephalem Rift Farming Variation and a Greater Rift Speed Farming Variation; follow the links above to the respective alterations.
The basic skill setup of the Tal Rasha Frozen Orb Wizard is displayed below. Read the dedicated Skills page for detailed information on choices, alternatives and build customization.
|Shock Pulse Piercing Orb Arcane Orb Frozen Orb 1 Black Hole Absolute Zero 2 Magic Missile Conflagrate 3 Teleport Calamity 4 Storm Armor Shocking Aspect|
The required gear setup for the Tal Rasha Frozen Orb Wizard is listed below. Check the Gear page for detailed information on choices, alternatives, gemming, Kanai's Cube and Paragon distribution.
- Helm: Tal Rasha's Guise of Wisdom
- Shoulders: Aughild's Power
- Gloves: Tal Rasha's Grasp
- Chest: Tal Rasha's Relentless Pursuit
- Belt: Captain Crimson's Silk Girdle
- Pants: Tal Rasha's Stride
- Boots: Captain Crimson's Waders
- Bracers: Aughild's Search
- Amulet: Tal Rasha's Allegiance
- Ring 1: Convention of Elements
- Ring 2: Halo of Karini
- Weapon: Unstable Scepter
- Offhand: Triumvirate
Angelic Crucible Sanctification
Season 27 comes with the theme of Angelic Crucibles — consumable items that empower Legendary items with perfected Ancient-level stats, as well as infuse them with one of three unique, powerful, class-specific abilities at random. For this build, we recommend aiming for the Arcane Orb Sanctification, which adds the following power to your build:
- Arcane Orb Sanctification: Arcane Orb now periodically spawns up to four orbiting charges that will generate an additional orb when cast. All charges from the Arcane Orbit rune now detonate at the same time.
Use Angelic Crucibles on an item that crosses over most (if not all) variants of a build, and is also an item that is relatively harder to perfect than other slots (since sanctifying an item maximizes its stats). In the case of this build, good candidates for Sanctification are your weapon ( Unstable Scepter) and your off-hand ( Triumvirate).
You can read more on Angelic Crucibles and the sanctification process in our dedicated Angelic Crucible Mechanics guide.
- Legendary Gem 1: Bane of the Trapped
- Legendary Gem 2: Bane of the Stricken
- Legendary Gem 3: Zei's Stone of Vengeance
- 26 Aug. 2022 (gear page): Added Season 27 Angelic Crucible recommendations.
- 26 Aug. 2022 (skills page): Skills and passives reviewed for Season 27.
- 26 Aug. 2022 (this page): Added Season 27 Angelic Crucible recommendations.
- 14 Apr. 2022 (skills page): Guide reviewed for Season 26.
- 14 Apr. 2022 (this page): Guide reviewed for Season 26.
- 14 Apr. 2022 (gear page): Guide reviewed for Season 26.
- 06 Dec. 2021 (gear page): Added Season 25 Soul Shard recommendations.
- 06 Dec. 2021 (this page): Added Season 25 Soul Shard recommendations.
- 06 Dec. 2021 (skills page): Reviewed for Season 25.
- 30 Oct. 2021 (gear page): Guide added.
- 30 Oct. 2021 (skills page): Guide added.
- 30 Oct. 2021 (this page): Guide added.
- The Forgotten Nightmares Diablo Immortal Update
- Diablo 4 Closed End Game Beta Draws Near
- Activision Blizzard Games Coming to Game Pass After Microsoft Acquisition
- Diablo Immortal Content Update: Season 4 Battle Pass, New Raid Bosses and Events
- Best Guides for Diablo 3 Season 27
- Diablo 3 Patch 2.7.4 Now Live
- Will Diablo 4 Pre-Orders & Release Date Be Announced at The Game Awards on December 8th?
- Diablo 4 Quarterly Update: August 2022