Wizard Frozen Orb Build With Tal Rasha
Tal Rasha's Elements set is one of the signature sets in the Diablo franchise, and has been used in numerous builds and metas over the years in its Diablo 3 iteration. In an ultimate callback to the Sorceresses of yore, the Tal Rasha Frozen Orb playstyle offers a high risk, high reward long range playstyle that requires skill to pull off, but offers very rewarding gameplay when executed correctly. The base one presented on this page is the Greater Rift Solo Pushing Variation, but this build also has a Nephalem Rift Farming Variation and a Greater Rift Speed Farming Variation; follow the links above to the respective alterations.
The basic skill setup of the Tal Rasha Frozen Orb Wizard is displayed below. Read the dedicated Skills page for detailed information on choices, alternatives and build customization.
|Shock Pulse Piercing Orb Arcane Orb Frozen Orb 1 Black Hole Absolute Zero 2 Magic Missile Conflagrate 3 Teleport Calamity 4 Storm Armor Shocking Aspect|
The required gear setup for the Tal Rasha Frozen Orb Wizard is listed below. Check the Gear page for detailed information on choices, alternatives, gemming, Kanai's Cube and Paragon distribution.
- Helm: Tal Rasha's Guise of Wisdom
- Shoulders: Aughild's Power
- Gloves: Tal Rasha's Grasp
- Chest: Tal Rasha's Relentless Pursuit
- Belt: Captain Crimson's Silk Girdle
- Pants: Tal Rasha's Stride
- Boots: Captain Crimson's Waders
- Bracers: Aughild's Search
- Amulet: Tal Rasha's Allegiance
- Ring 1: Convention of Elements
- Ring 2: Halo of Karini
- Weapon: Unstable Scepter
- Offhand: Triumvirate
Season 28: Altar of Rites
Season 28 comes with the theme of the Altar of Rites — a powerful new account-wide and Season-specific progression system that brings tremendous offensive and defensive buffs to every seasonal character. For virtually all builds and players of all skill levels — from casual to advanced — we recommend progressing through the Altar tree using the path outlined below. The suggested path is geared towards maximum quality of life first, then amplifying damage, and then mopping up the tree with defensive and edge case utility nodes.
Note that while they require reaching them with a Seal, Legendary Potion Powers are not part of the Seal cost system; Potions unlock with a separate resource called Primordial Ashes, obtained from salvaging Legendary or Set items of Primal (red bordered) quality. Upgrade them as soon as possible, and in the order shown below (courtesy of Caleko's Altar of Rites planner).
You can read more on the Altar of Rites, Seals and Legendary Potion Powers in our dedicated Altar of Rites Mechanics guide.
- Legendary Gem 1: Bane of the Trapped
- Legendary Gem 2: Bane of the Stricken
- Legendary Gem 3: Zei's Stone of Vengeance
- Weapon Slot: Wizardspike
- Armor Slot: Aquila Cuirass
- Jewelry Slot: Ring of Royal Grandeur
- 22 Feb. 2023 (this page): Added Season 28 Altar of Rites recommendations.
- 22 Feb. 2023 (skills page): Skills and passives reviewed for Season 28.
- 22 Feb. 2023 (gear page): Added Season 28 Altar of Rites recommendations.
- 26 Aug. 2022 (this page): Added Season 27 Angelic Crucible recommendations.
- 26 Aug. 2022 (gear page): Added Season 27 Angelic Crucible recommendations.
- 26 Aug. 2022 (skills page): Skills and passives reviewed for Season 27.
- 14 Apr. 2022 (gear page): Guide reviewed for Season 26.
- 14 Apr. 2022 (this page): Guide reviewed for Season 26.
- 14 Apr. 2022 (skills page): Guide reviewed for Season 26.
- 06 Dec. 2021 (gear page): Added Season 25 Soul Shard recommendations.
- 06 Dec. 2021 (this page): Added Season 25 Soul Shard recommendations.
- 06 Dec. 2021 (skills page): Reviewed for Season 25.
- 30 Oct. 2021 (this page): Guide added.
- 30 Oct. 2021 (gear page): Guide added.
- 30 Oct. 2021 (skills page): Guide added.
More Wizard Guides
Builds from Other Classes
- Best Guides for Diablo 4 Open Beta
- New NVIDIA Graphics Driver Available for Download Ahead of Diablo 4 Beta
- Diablo 4 Beta Tips and Useful Information
- Legendary Item Drop Rates, Dungeon Variety, Butcher Details and More: Diablo 4 Developer Comments
- Blizzard Details Expectations for the Diablo 4 Open Beta
- Diablo 4 Open Beta Patch Notes: March 22nd
- Diablo 4 Early Access Beta Community Concerns and Opinions
- Players Still Playing Diablo 4 Beta After it Ended